Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

I don't really understand why there are some people on here trying to tell Villa fans that they shouldn't be pleased at the moment' date=' for overpaying for Downing in the first place or being linked with a player like Joe Cole on the back of a poor season.

They've sold Downing for 3 times his value and are looking to bring in a winger in N'Zogbia who can actually take his opposition full-back on. There close to pulling off a great deal in signing Given and although Joe Cole wouldn't be the best of signings[b'] it'll be Liverpool that will most likely be paying Cole £300k+ at the end of month [/b]:P

Who told you that?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Mmmmm ! Interesting and slightly worrying.

Iv always liked Given but never rated him as good or better than friedal. However I think he will do a solid job for us. Interestingly Iv always as many other have' date=' highlighted his shot stopping as his best attribute although this stat suggests other wise !![/quote']

As long as you have new CB's, then he should be ok. Him, Dunne and Collins together though and you have a problem!

I don't really understand why there are some people on here trying to tell Villa fans that they shouldn't be pleased at the moment' date=' for overpaying for Downing in the first place[b'] or being linked with a player like Joe Cole on the back of a poor season.[/b]

joe cole is good as done as a top footballer - his lack of fitness is just embarrassing and he's had 3 poor seasons in a row

Drivers Education Online Coupon Code TENOFFDRIVER save 10%

http://www.driversed.com has drivers ed for drivers in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Marianas Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Teenagers can begin taking drivers education online at http://www.driversed.com and get 10% OFF purchase when using discount code TENOFFDRIVER.

DriversEd.com has the best drivers ed online and they are trusted and dmv certified! Take 20% of the course for free before you purchase!

News is now Everton (yes Everton) have put in a 10m bid in as did Villa for N'Zogbia.

Now it's Everton are thinking of putting in a bid for him, but would have to sell one of their star players before being able to do so.

Villa's bid was rejected as it was 9.75m and Wigan want 10m. :P

News is now Everton (yes Everton) have put in a 10m bid in as did Villa for N'Zogbia.

everton are skint and have form for putting in bids and publicising them despite not having the money to pay for them (lucho and joao moutinho in years past spring to mind here) around ST renewal time...

Shay Given's completed his move to Villa. Very good keeper, I highly rate him and he is very consistant... however why have you given him a 5 year contract? He's 35! That means he'll be 40 by the time his contract's up. Bit of a gamble imo, why was he offered such a long deal?

Shay Given's completed his move to Villa. Very good keeper' date=' I highly rate him and he is very consistant... however why have you given him a 5 year contract? He's 35! That means he'll be 40 by the time his contract's up. Bit of a gamble imo, why was he offered such a long deal?[/quote']

Friedel left us when he was 40, and he has moved to Spurs! Keepers can play to a much older age than outfielder players..

Goal.com reports that Villa made a move for Corluka. A Spurs source admits that if Modric does leave for Chelsea' date=' it would upset Corluka who is extremely close to Modric and could help the move to Villa go through.[/quote']

Only goal.com can come up with things like that :P , for one I doubt he blames Spurs for Modric leaving but even if he did moving to Villa wouldn't bring him back together

Goal.com reports that Villa made a move for Corluka. A Spurs source admits that if Modric does leave for Chelsea' date=' it would upset Corluka who is extremely close to Modric and could help the move to Villa go through.[/quote']
Only goal.com can come up with things like that :P ' date=' for one I doubt he blames Spurs for Modric leaving but even if he did moving to Villa wouldn't bring him back together[/quote']

A more likely reason (although Villa aren't exactly horrendously short at RB either) would be that with Hutton and Walker at Spurs if Corluka wants first team football he will have to move IMO.

I've been away for literally 7 days with no way of accessing villa news (a festival in Spain) and it seems like loads has happened! Neither of the Villa deals seem bad for us though IMO. Does anyone know where I can get more info on the news that a bid for Cuellar was accepted?

I've been away for literally 7 days with no way of accessing villa news (a festival in Spain) and it seems like loads has happened! Neither of the Villa deals seem bad for us though IMO. Does anyone know where I can get more info on the news that a bid for Cuellar was accepted?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/default.stm

Friedel left us when he was 40' date=' and he has moved to Spurs! Keepers can play to a much older age than outfielder players..[/quote']

Some can but still, i don't understand the long contract, they didn't need to offer him such a long contract. What happens if he gets injury problems? Also not many keeper keep playing after 40.

We have agreed a fee for N'zogbia !

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_7060677,00.html

:)

Hopefully we can confirm the deal in the next 2 days :D

_1308598_villagordon150.jpg

As you probably know, Villa have been counting down the top 50 players. Today.... Gordon Cowans was revealed as the number 1 Villan. Before my time really but from what iv read, i can understand why, especially considering what the club achieved during his time here.

Villa's Fab 50

1: Gordon Cowans

Career: 1974-1985, 1988-1991, 1993-1994

Appearances: 527

Goals: 59

Few players throughout Villa's history can match the sheer quality of passing displayed by midfield ace Gordon Cowans.

Over 15 yards or 50, the midfielder's delivery of a football oozed poise and precision, and invariably set a dangerous attack in motion.

Indeed, David Platt went on record as saying he wouldn't have been the player he was without the immaculate service he received from the man popularly known as Sid.

Gordon Sidney Cowans will also be remembered as Villa's Prodigal Son.

He left the club three times - and on each occasion he returned, latterly as a youth coach and then first team coach.

He was always destined to wear claret and blue, having been on schoolboy forms at Villa Park from the age of 12, which probably explains why he was always tempted back.

On leaving school, he graduated through Villa's youth and reserve teams before being handed his first taste of senior football in 1976, when he went on as a substitute against Manchester City at Maine Road.

By the end of the following season he was a first team regular as well as winning a League Cup medal following a dramatic victory over Everton in the second replay of a marathon 1977 final.

Between 1979 and 1983, he didn't miss a single match as he became an integral figure in the most successful period of the club's history, adding league championship, European Cup and European Super Cup medals to his collection.

His long unbroken appearance run came to an end when he broke his leg in a pre-season friendly, causing him to miss the whole of the 1983-84 campaign.

In 1985 he joined Italian club Bari, but was brought back to Villa Park by Graham Taylor three years later.

Once again, he excelled, helping Villa to finish runners-up to Liverpool in 1990.

Later that year Taylor, having been appointed England manager, handed Cowans his 10th and final cap, but in 1991 the midfield man was sold to Blackburn Rovers.

In 1993 he returned for a third spell before joining Derby County.

He is now first team coach to Alex McLeish, having come into the fold under previous manager Gerard Houllier.

Cowans would have had more England caps if it wasnt for Hoddle' date='dont think the England midfield could afford two luxury players in there.Lovely player though,range of passing was phenomenal:)[/quote']

A true legend of the club, came through as a school boy, went on to play over 500 games and is now a first team coach. Quality..... dont often see loyality like that !

Infact only other player of the top of my head who played over 500 games for their club and is still there as a coach is Steve Chettel of Forest :D

10 caps doesnt seem enough... even though i havent seen him play lol. Have you seen him ?

I wasa trying to watch a few old highlights of games in the past, as im thinking of buying a few on DVD and came across this !! Quality !

A true legend of the club' date=' came through as a school boy, went on to play over 500 games and is now a first team coach. Quality..... dont often see loyality like that !

Infact only other player of the top of my head who played over 500 games for their club and is still there as a coach is Steve Chettel of Forest :D

10 caps doesnt seem enough... even though i havent seen him play lol. Have you seen him ?[/quote']

Remember watching him a few times before he went to Bari,that was when alot of quality players were going to Italy. Wilkins Hately Brady,Rush etc.

The season where they finished runners up 1990 i think Cowans was amazing for the Villa.

Very similar to Hoddle in the way he played,cant remember if he went to Italia 90,but there was a lot of noise about him going from the press:)

Delighted for ye! N'Zogbia is such a good player and at £9.5m it makes you lol at Liverpool paying 20m for Downing :P

not really :) , Kenny wanted Downing and NOT Nzogbia, although I and others didn't hes the manager.

Downing is English and wasn't in the last year of his contract so cost more.

Everybody knew Nzogbia was available for 10mil, yet very few clubs were interested and by looks of it wasn't the type of player LFC were after.

not really :) ' date=' Kenny wanted Downing and NOT Nzogbia, although I and others didn't hes the manager.

Downing is English and wasn't in the last year of his contract so cost more.

Everybody knew Nzogbia was available for 10mil, yet very few clubs were interested and by looks of it wasn't the type of player LFC were after.[/quote']

In fairness alan im lol'ing ! As im sure Lerner is, all the way to the bank :D

But your right, If Kenny wanted Nzogbia he would of gone for him. Both offer different things to the team.