• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

In fairness alan im lol'ing ! As im sure Lerner is' date=' all the way to the bank :D

But your right, If Kenny wanted Nzogbia he would of gone for him. Both offer different things to the team.[/quote']

Yeah you know my feelings on Downing :P , I wouldn't have even wanted him for 12mil which is the price you guys paid, but my point is people are making out 20mil is something totally insane, but you guys paid 12 mil and he was injured for months still.

You can blame O'neil but it's the chairmans money and he approved it, fact is English players if you want them come nearly double the price most the time.

But in reality Learner has only made an 8mil profit and after he just had his best season.

T

Thanks for the memories @CharlesNzo, us Wigan fans won't forget what you've done for us over the past 2 1/2 seasons! Good luck at Villa! :)

web • 25/07/2011 13:22

Retweeted by CharlesNzo

Charles nzogbia re - tweeted this today. Surely he fact he did means he must wanna come to us too !

Only £8m profit? Pfft. :o

:P , 8mill with the stuff I mentioned added isn't much

12mil, still injured for a few months

20mil , fit and coming off one of his best seasons ever.

Again im not justifying the fee as I don't rate Downing, never have. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

My point was people are just making too much out of the fee we paid, everybody keeps saying we got robbed as hes only worth 15mil, but Villa wanted 20mil and LFC obviously have the money and wanted the deal done, so whats 5mil.

:P ' date=' 8mill with the stuff I mentioned added isn't much

12mil, still injured for a few months

20mil , fit and coming off one of his best seasons ever.

Again im not justifying the fee as I don't rate Downing, never have. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

My point was people are just making too much out of the fee we paid, everybody keeps saying we got robbed as hes only worth 15mil, but Villa wanted 20mil and LFC obviously have the money and wanted the deal done, so whats 5mil.[/quote']

Dress it up whichever ever way you wish Neller, £8m profit on ANY player is phenomenal.

I dont get why Liverpool fans bring up the 12 million pound we paid as some form of counter argument, it would be fine if i thought we had paid a fair price, i said from day one we over paid ! Yet your fee is 8 million more :eek: Regardless if he had his best season. ( His best season is no where near the quality of a player you would imagine would dictate a 20 million fee ).

Dress it up whichever ever way you wish Neller' date=' £8m profit on ANY player is phenomenal.[/quote']

I don't need to dress anything up, I never paid the money and as mentioned LFC obviously didn't care about paying it.

let me re-phrase then if needed, LFC paying buying a player for 8million more than his current club paid after having his best season and (at the moment) fully fit instead of being injured for a few months isn't much.

When you think Villa got him cheaper from a division 1 side because of his injury, pretty much sums of the value of these over priced English players.

I dont get why Liverpool fans bring up the 12 million pound we paid as some form of counter argument' date=' it would be fine if i thought we had paid a fair price, i said from day one we over paid ! Yet your fee is 8 million more :eek: Regardless if he had his best season. ( His best season is no where near the quality of a player you would imagine would dictate a 20 million fee ).[/quote']

what does that matter? YOU DID PAY 12million, LFC, Villa and the rest do not care what you or I value a player at, out opinion means f... all to them.

so when you PAID 12million for a player who was injured and was from a division 1 side you are not going to sell him for cheaper (not matter what YOU value him at) and you are not going to sell him for 15million.

Kenny / Comoli, LFC wanted Downing so HAD to pay over 15million to get him.

Hardly ANY LFC fans are saying he is worth 20million, but due to people waffling on about it in every other post people need to get slightly realistic on it.

LFC had the money, wanted downing so paid what Villa wanted, end off.

Was he worth 12mil? I don't think so, was he worth 20mil? no

Is the 8million extra we paid a big enough profit for people to waffle on about it for weeks in various posts, I hardly think so :)

what does that matter? YOU DID PAY 12million' date=' LFC, Villa and the rest do not care what you or I value a player at, out opinion means f... all to them.

so when you PAID 12million for a player who was injured and was from a division 1 side you are not going to sell him for cheaper (not matter what YOU value him at) and you are not going to sell him for 15million.

Kenny / Comoli, LFC wanted Downing so HAD to pay over 15million to get him.

Hardly ANY LFC fans are saying he is worth 20million, but due to people waffling on about it in every other post people need to get slightly realistic on it.

LFC had the money, wanted downing so paid what Villa wanted, end off.

Was he worth 12mil? I don't think so, was he worth 20mil? no

All im saying is the people in these clubs know FAR more than us who hang around an online game forum[/quote']

I never said it did mate, but you know when people have discussions there opinions matter, its the base of a debate.

I agree with you lol ! He isnt worth 20 and he wasnt worth 12, i just dont understand, as said, the counter argument about us paying 12.

I never said it did mate' date=' but you know when people have discussions there opinions matter, its the base of a debate.

I agree with you lol ! He isnt worth 20 and he wasnt worth 12, i just dont understand, as said, the counter argument about us paying 12.[/quote']

Because what you paid is what LFC had to take into account when they wanted him surely?

LFC can't bid 10mil when you bought him for 12million, that would just looks stupid and be a waste of both clubs time.

LFC really want downing (I honestly don't know why) but they did so have to decide a fair bid to Villa.

• They see what Villa paid 12mil (regradless if you think it was over by a few mil)
  • Villa got him cheaper by a few mil due to boro being in division 1 and him being injured, although lets even leave that out for now and just go with the 12mil
  • Downing has his best season for Villa putting up his value at least 2/3mil
  • LFC make a bid of 15-16mil hopeing Villa will just take around what both clubs obviously value him at
  • Villa reject bid
  • Kenny still wants him so pays the extra 5mil Villa are asking for

Deal done.

Again im not saying hes worth close to 20mil, but LFC (and Villa) obviously value him around that region as Villa paid close to it when he was injured and in division 1 when you usually get players cheaper

I know he wasn't worth 12 either, but Villa thought so and so did LFC.

I don't need to dress anything up' date=' I never paid the money and as mentioned LFC obviously didn't care about paying it.

let me re-phrase then if needed, LFC paying buying a player for 8million more than his current club paid after having his best season and (at the moment) fully fit instead of being injured for a few months isn't much.

When you think Villa got him cheaper from a [b']division 1 side[/b] because of his injury, pretty much sums of the value of these over priced English players.

I'm not really objecting to any of that buddy; just your use of the word "only" when describing Villa's £8m profit, which I find a bit ludicrous. Everything else is rather irrelevant from Villa's point of view.

Because what you paid is what LFC had to take into account when they wanted him surely?

LFC really want downing (I honestly don't know why) but they did so have to decide a fair bid to Villa.

• They see what Villa paid 12mil (regradless if you think it was over by a few mil)
  • Villa got him cheaper by a few mil due to boro being in division 1 and him being injured' date=' although lets even leave that out for now and just go with the 12mil
    [*']Downing has his best season for Villa putting up his value at least 2/3mil
  • LFC make a bid of 15-16mil hopeing Villa will just take around what both clubs obviously value him at
  • Villa reject bid
  • Kenny still wants him so pays the extra 5mil Villa are asking for

Deal done.

Again im not saying hes worth close to 20mil, but LFC (and Villa) obviously value him around that region as Villa paid close to it when he was injured and in division 1 when you usually get players cheaper

I know he wasn't worth 12 either, but Villa thought so and so did LFC.

Im just talking about the fee here Neller, i understand why we wanted 20. Im just saying i dont understand the counter argument about 12, were moving onto is he / isnt he and why he went for 20 million now ! Something we have done before :P

I'm not really objecting to any of that buddy; just your use of the word "only" when describing Villa's £8m profit' date=' which I find a bit ludicrous. Everything else is rather irrelevant from Villa's point of view.[/quote']

I say only due to what people seem to be making of the deal, I mean if people want to make a big deal out of something use Caroll or Henderson, both way more nuts than the Downing one.

Less was made of both those deals than this one which is what I don't understand other than they are younger.

I just don't think 8million (wasn't even that really when you add in the other variables) is that breaking news that we need to talk about it all the time.

Guest 1CapWonder

Let's get real here, Downing's best season as a player was far and away with Middlesbrough in 2007/08, plus he was younger and actually touted as a possible solution to England's left side problem, even though back then he still wasn't highly rated by fans alike, but he performed better than he did last season for us.

who else thinks albrighton will step it up this season?

he impressed me massively, even in pre season friendlies.

the only problem is n'zogbia is so dangerous on the right, same side as albrighton :(

i hope albrighton gets some game time, such a good player.

and i think liverpool preferred downing because he is a better wide player. n'zogbia is good cutting in and pretty much carrying the ball, but as a crosser downing is better and liverpool's game wouldn't suit the almost selfish n'zogbia i feel.

im not calling him selfish he is a very good player, just that he usually takes the ball himself and dribbles a lot......

at liverpool i think this wouldnt work and he would be seen as selfish, but at wigan it pays off so its seen as brilliant.

who else thinks albrighton will step it up this season?

he impressed me massively' date=' even in pre season friendlies.

the only problem is n'zogbia is so dangerous on the right, same side as albrighton :(

i hope albrighton gets some game time, such a good player.

and i think liverpool preferred downing because he is a better wide player. n'zogbia is good cutting in and pretty much carrying the ball, but as a crosser downing is better and liverpool's game wouldn't suit the almost selfish n'zogbia i feel.

im not calling him selfish he is a very good player, just that he usually takes the ball himself and dribbles a lot......

at liverpool i think this wouldnt work and he would be seen as selfish, but at wigan it pays off so its seen as brilliant.[/quote']

Without a shadow of a doubt he will step up mate. Everybody who has seen him knows this kid has talent. He is fearless, he will run and make a mockery of anyone ( e.g. Evra ).

His cross is deadly, If we get Nzogbia, ill be over the moon. Our main attacking three will be Nzogbia ( more of a replacement for Young in my eyes ), Albrighton ( replacement for Downing, except he runs at players ! Needs to improve in a few areas though, raw talent is certainly there) and Bent ( proven goal scorer ) ! Happy days :)

Without a shadow of a doubt he will step up mate. Everybody who has seen him knows this kid has talent. He is fearless' date=' he will run and make a mockery of anyone ( e.g. Evra ).

His cross is deadly, If we get Nzogbia, ill be over the moon. Our main attacking three will be Nzogbia ( more of a replacement for Young in my eyes ), Albrighton ( replacement for Downing, except he runs at players ! Needs to improve in a few areas though, raw talent is certainly there) and Bent ( proven goal scorer ) ! Happy days :)[/quote']

my worry is that n'zogbia prefers to play on the right.....

hopefully he can play well on the left too :)

You playing 4-5-1 next season with Heskey up front?

You talk about talents such as Albrighton. Albrighton is not even good. We have players like Redmond who is double the player of Albrighton and is younger too.

Vile wont beable to beat the top 10 teams. You will have to count on beating teams such as Swansea, Norwich, Wolves etc if you want to stay up. Vile used to be big, now you are not. Your a feeder club to Manchester City and your using that money to buy 'decent' players (N'Zogbia).

You may not be bad enough to get relegated (although with McLeish in charge i wouldnt put anything past you) but all season you will be fighting a relegation fight.

Have fun Vile. The only time we will see you is when we pass each other to swap leagues. Haha rofl.

You playing 4-5-1 next season with Heskey up front?

You talk about talents such as Albrighton. Albrighton is not even good. We have players like Redmond who is double the player of Albrighton and is younger too.

Vile wont beable to beat the top 10 teams. You will have to count on beating teams such as Swansea' date=' Norwich, Wolves etc if you want to stay up. Vile used to be big, now you are not. Your a feeder club to Manchester City and your using that money to buy 'decent' players (N'Zogbia).

You may not be bad enough to get relegated (although with McLeish in charge i wouldnt put anything past you) but all season you will be fighting a relegation fight.

Have fun Vile. The only time we will see you is when we pass each other to swap leagues. Haha rofl.[/quote']

Simmer down ! Now go back to your tinpot of a thread please.

As if your so ignorant and arrogant you actually believe all that pap you have posted.