Sign in to follow this  
Magic J

Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

You playing 4-5-1 next season with Heskey up front?

You talk about talents such as Albrighton. Albrighton is not even good. We have players like Redmond who is double the player of Albrighton and is younger too.

Vile wont beable to beat the top 10 teams. You will have to count on beating teams such as Swansea' date=' Norwich, Wolves etc if you want to stay up. Vile used to be big, now you are not. Your a feeder club to Manchester City and your using that money to buy 'decent' players (N'Zogbia).

You may not be bad enough to get relegated (although with McLeish in charge i wouldnt put anything past you) but all season you will be fighting a relegation fight.

Have fun Vile. The only time we will see you is when we pass each other to swap leagues. Haha rofl.[/quote']

If you think Redmond is as good of a player as Albrighton, you are mistaken.

Also, how you can have a go at Villa in some of the ways you have is beyond me. Calling them a side who will struggle for relegation, even though that won't be the case, whilst you yourselves were relegated. Added to the fact that Heskey is their 3rd choice striker, and would probably walk in to your starting line-up.

I'm not really sure how you can state that you'll swap leagues and "rofl", when that is very unlikely and this so called "rofl"'ing matter is actually the prediciment you are currently in.

Guest 1CapWonder

You playing 4-5-1 next season with Heskey up front?

You talk about talents such as Albrighton. Albrighton is not even good. We have players like Redmond who is double the player of Albrighton and is younger too.

Vile wont beable to beat the top 10 teams. You will have to count on beating teams such as Swansea' date=' Norwich, Wolves etc if you want to stay up. Vile used to be big, now you are not. Your a feeder club to Manchester City and your using that money to buy 'decent' players (N'Zogbia).

You may not be bad enough to get relegated (although with McLeish in charge i wouldnt put anything past you) but all season you will be fighting a relegation fight.

Have fun Vile. The only time we will see you is when we pass each other to swap leagues. Haha rofl.[/quote']

Hahahaha genuinely rofl at this post. Absolutely brilliant. Gotta laugh at blues fans like this :D :D :D

Embarrassing!

Excuse me have we ever dropped out of the Premier League since it formed?! I'm worried for us this season but to have a blues fan pipe up like this!!! Fantastic.

albrighton is not good: either just trolling or just so stupid no need to argue just laugh :)

villa also got close to europa league , unlike birmingham who were relegated.

winning a cup game but getting put into the championship is not a good thing! villa are historically a big top 8 team at the minimum.

Is it just me who feels that taking advantage of Newcastle's horrible transfer policy and Mike Ashley's pea-sized brain in terms of trying to sign Barton would be a great signing for AV, especially on a free!

I know Barton is controversial and not so much a 'reformed' character after seeing flashes of his former self last season (punch on Pedersen) but I just feel that getting him on a free would be a brilliant signing and he could certainly give us a little 'oomph' in the middle of the park. With a deal for Parker looking less and less by the minute, I think Barton could be the man we should/could turn to. Got the best out of Carrol at Newcastle and could certainly establish a brilliant relationship with Bent plundering more goals and the possibility of being called up to the England squad. Just my opinion

Havent been able to post on here recently, but we drew to Braga last night away 1-1, which on the face of it is far from a bad result, and you would think a certain level of performance would be needed to achieve that.

Nzogbia got the equaliser too !

Thought I would give my input on the first game. Watched it on ESPN3 which was a bonus as it was scheduled to be the Spurs game before it got called off. I wasn't too impressed by the lineup at the start of the game (mainly due to the way the American TV had lined up Heskey on the left!!!) Once the game started I was more comfortable with it.

I thought Given played very well and is just what we needed after losing Friedel. The defense looked solid against mid table opposition. I think only time will tell if this group will be last seasons defense :( or the one from two years ago :D. I would like to see Clark given some time to establish himself as a CB and I really think we will miss Walkers attacking ability.

I was really impressed with Delph. He looked calm and comfortable on the ball and did well against Murphy and Etuhu. I like Petrov but every time he got the ball I felt like out tempo slowed and he always turned to the left.

As for the front 4, I think you could tell it was only N'Zogbia's second game with us and there is more to come and Bent didn't have many chances but both will be good for us in the season. Heskey had a typical game (worked hard, won headers, fluffed a couple of chances). As for Gabby, his attitude really bugged me during the game even though he played ok. I just wanted him to play the game, use his pace and strength and not complain as much.

Overall, I was happy with the point on the opening day. A defeat would have been a disaster for morale. It did look like the first game and there are definitely areas we could improve on. For the Blackburn game I would like to see Albrighton get a start instead of Heskey and allow him, Gabby and N'Zogbia more freedom to rotate on the wing and support Bent. That would be my only change. I would also like to see a couple of more signings if possible. One I would really like is to bring in Hitzelsperger. He is an experienced player on a free transfer and he created the 4th most chances in the league last year despite only playing 11 games.

Guest 1CapWonder

Five ex-Aston Villa players in the England team tonight shows how good Villa couldve been right now if they'd kept them and O'Neill.

Ouch :P

It wasn't about keeping O'Neill it was about replacing him. O'Neill sold Gary Cahill for £5m by the way and bought James Collins for the same price (in case you were one of those who thought he was a genius)

It wasn't about keeping O'Neill it was about replacing him. O'Neill sold Gary Cahill for £5m by the way and bought James Collins for the same price (in case you were one of those who thought he was a genius)

Just read what I wrote somewhere :P

Hardly a genius if he did that eh :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzWyMr9WHIsjiKWl1xsUBRbPxJ8CN-YgRI8GmwpB9M3SSg3FYTZg

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Wigan

Agbonlahor 36min - Assisted by Bannan

Bent 62min - Assisted by Agbonlahor

An impressive performance from the lads managed to watch it online. Looking more like a team today and showed what they can do.

An incredible run and cross from Agbonlahor to assist Bent for Villa's second, amazing goal.

Up to 6th in the table and still unbeaten, lol :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzWyMr9WHIsjiKWl1xsUBRbPxJ8CN-YgRI8GmwpB9M3SSg3FYTZg

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Wigan

Agbonlahor 36min - Assisted by Bannan

Bent 62min - Assisted by Agbonlahor

An impressive performance from the lads managed to watch it online. Looking more like a team today and showed what they can do.

An incredible run and cross from Agbonlahor to assist Bent for Villa's second' date=' amazing goal.

Up to 6th in the table and still unbeaten, lol :)[/size']

Gabby's on fire at the moment.

Bent's goal, pin-point accuracy.

If Latics' fans are complaining they deserved a penalty, (which they did) would've been 2-1 nontheless. Although some people may argue that it hurt them psychologically in that case, Wigan, pray for better luck.

Gabby's on fire at the moment.

Bent's goal' date=' pin-point accuracy.

If Latics' fans are complaining they deserved a penalty, (which they did) would've been 2-1 nontheless. Although some people may argue that it hurt them psychologically in that case, Wigan, pray for better luck.[/quote']

The penalty situation evens out over the course of the season and I do not believe it would have changed the dynamics of the game.

Villa looked strong today as a unit and fully deserved the three points.

We just need to take this to the next level now and beat the mercenaries in the next league game. :)

Who knew Chris Herd could play RB :confused:

Did so well too up against Jarvis

Nearly had a 2nd MOM coming on the weekend... Just a shame it turned out like it did. He should get a cap for Australia soon or a call-up at least.

Nearly had a 2nd MOM coming on the weekend... Just a shame it turned out like it did. He should get a cap for Australia soon or a call-up at least.

Yeah he fully deserves to be an Australian international.

He was doing ever so well in that holding midfielder role, I think the sending off was harsh, his 3-match ban is overturned though so that's good news for us :D

I'd like to see Mcleish use Albrighton and Ciaran Clark more, two greatplayers last year that are barely seeing game time this year, Ciaran Clark/Chris Herd could probably do a better job than Alan Hutton at RB, and Albrighton can play out wide better than N'Zogbia atm.

Mcleish made too many out-of-form signings, with the exception of Shay Given who's been superb :D

I went to Villa park a few times in the nineties ( Uncle is/was a ST holder ).

I was at a match against Sheffield Wednesday (2-2) where Steve Staunton fired in a 30 yard rocket in off the post - wonder goal.

However I have looked for footage of this goal everywhere I can think of but to no avail.

If someone could point me in the direction of the goal/game I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Will

I went to Villa park a few times in the nineties ( Uncle is/was a ST holder ).

I was at a match against Sheffield Wednesday (2-2) where Steve Staunton fired in a 30 yard rocket in off the post - wonder goal.

However I have looked for footage of this goal everywhere I can think of but to no avail.

If someone could point me in the direction of the goal/game I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers' date='

Will[/quote']

This goal always used to be showed pre match as part of a montage !!!

Iv got it on DVD actually... unsure how to get it on here though. Ill have a butchers for you though.

Bannans technique is something else.... unbelievable.

Ill be gutted if him and Albrighton are dropped next game. Havent got much else to shout about lol.

EDIT: Heskey is bloody awful... i simply cannot support this imbecile. Its so frustrating. Poor header from Dunne's initial corner and then that SHOCKING effort that went wide, so wide it went out for a throw in. I cant do this.

Yeah he fully deserves to be an Australian international.

He was doing ever so well in that holding midfielder role' date=' I think the sending off was harsh, his 3-match ban is overturned though so that's good news for us :D

I'd like to see Mcleish use Albrighton and Ciaran Clark more, two greatplayers last year that are barely seeing game time this year, Ciaran Clark/Chris Herd could probably do a better job than Alan Hutton at RB, and Albrighton can play out wide better than N'Zogbia atm.

Mcleish made too many out-of-form signings, with the exception of Shay Given who's been superb :D[/quote']

Yeah definitely. I read on wiki that he was called up but withdrew due to injury. Him and Lowry need a decent shot though. Our team is aging, although we do have a decent bit of talent coming through.