Sign in to follow this  
Magic J

Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Our game against Bolyon has been called off' date=' i know the Muamba thing is very serious but i dont see why it had to call off our fixture.[/quote']

Just read about it, have to say it's demoralizing for Villa.

Just came back from two encouraging performences, we dominated the game against Blackburn in the first half and dominated Fulham too. Villa seem to be on a rise ATM and a game called off is not ideal

Oh well ;) Next game Arsenal then..

I can't imagine the Bolton players are in any mind to play football with Muamba's life still in the balance. If he'd been stable now then I'd agree that the game should be played but as it is, I can understand why it's been called off.

Not that i expect us to go and get a result at the Emirates, because they have far more technically gifted players than us, but it would be nice to go there with a game plan that is realistically going to pay off, where we actually see our football team, play football. Where Emile Heskey isnt seen as the perfect fit for a LM in a five man midfield. Where James Collins doesnt think he has the passing ability of Beckham.

Same old same old really. Any manager who plays Heskey LM or AM, which Eck does alot is going to get stick. Aside from all the hilarious heskey jokes, seriously they are soooooooo funny. He is useless, constantly out of position, if your playing LM, at least try and stay on the flank. If he wasnt there he was just losing the ball in the middle, the whole shape of the side was shocking.

Terrible day which could of been worse really, we started "ok". Then fell to pieces, second half was a little better but still poor.

Think its gonna take a few seasons with to sort our squad out to, we need a mini overhaul.

Also what a retarded place to chuck Gary Gardner on, were getting dominated and you put that kind of pressure on him. Ah well.

Chelsea at home next then Liverpool.

Awesome.

:o

Sad to hear, I managed to sneak in the 3rd comment on the Eurosport writeup ;)

Hope he gets well soon, I'll miss seeing him drenched in sweat and being subbed off. Hard worker. Maybe we'll see more of Gardner now..

http://aggbot.com/Aston-Villa-News/article/16517347

Article explains in a little more detail about stans situation' date=' and treatment.

Do it for stan lads[/quote']

Gutted bout this,one of my favorite players when he was at Celtic,and always keep track off him down here.

Absolute ledge at Celtic,was dynamite in the Martin oneil era along with Henrik larsson.

For the doubters' date=' Holman scored and assisted a goal against Valencia:

[url']

[/url]

There's the goal and the assists should be in one of the side links.

Thats a nice goal, and shows some quality but Im not going to get my hopes up over one goal. Anyone can score a good goal, especially professionals, but i wouldnt mind seeing some more of that quality down VP.

Gutted bout this' date='one of my favorite players when he was at Celtic,and always keep track off him down here.

Absolute ledge at Celtic,was dynamite in the Martin oneil era along with Henrik larsson.[/quote']

He was utter class at you guys, different kind of player for us but after a slow start he was integral to us at one point. Regardless of his form, he is a great ambassador for our club. True professional.

There will be a minute of applause before the game i believe and villa fans have organised a campaign on twitter to stand up and clap during the 19th minute of the game ( stans squad number ).

Maybe we'll see more of Gardner now..

Maybe, but with Herd coming back I wouldnt be shocked if he only gets a little more time.

Line up:Given, Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock, Bannan, Herd, Ireland, Gardner, Weimann, Agbonlahor

Bench: Albrighton, Guzan, Heskey, Grealish, Carruthers, Williams and Johnson.

Young young team.

Like the Combo of Gardner and Herd however they will have a massive task today !

DO IT FOR STAN

Line up:Given' date=' Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock, Bannan, Herd, Ireland, Gardner, Weimann, Agbonlahor

Bench: Albrighton, Guzan, Heskey, Grealish, Carruthers, Williams and Johnson.

Young young team.

Like the Combo of Gardner and Herd however they will have a massive task today !

DO IT FOR STAN[/quote']

Presumably thats in a 4-5-1 ish formation, in which case I don't like the fact that Bannan is playing out wide. He is so effective in the middle when he plays there. That and Albrighton is on the bench. I don't get McLeish sometimes. Suppose it's better than Emile on the left wing

Hutton out, Herd may have been a better replacement though I haven't seen much of Lichaj

Good to see Weimann finally getting the nod from McLeish, excited to see him in the starting XI

Presumably thats in a 4-5-1 ish formation' date=' in which case I don't like the fact that Bannan is playing out wide. He is so effective in the middle when he plays there. That and Albrighton is on the bench. I don't get McLeish sometimes. Suppose it's better than Emile on the left wing[/quote']

Could be a 4-4-2, im hoping it is... maybe a little ambitous thinking from me haha.

Presumably thats in a 4-5-1 ish formation' date=' in which case I don't like the fact that Bannan is playing out wide. He is so effective in the middle when he plays there. That and Albrighton is on the bench. I don't get McLeish sometimes. Suppose it's better than Emile on the left wing[/quote']

Well we all know McLeish loves to be negative and defend - Agreed, Bannann has such an eye for passes, like Modric he is extremely effective in the centre and a lot less effective out wide.

Everyone recieved news that Heskey would be starting on the wing against Arsenal but from what i saw he was playing up front with Agbonlahor on the left flank.

You know, this isn't hard, every single person can do this (play players in their right positions) it doesn't take a mastermind like Mourinho.

Well we all know McLeish loves to be negative and defend - Agreed' date=' Bannann has such an eye for passes, like Modric he is extremely effective in the centre and a lot less effective out wide.

Everyone recieved news that Heskey would be starting on the wing against Arsenal but from what i saw he was playing up front with Agbonlahor on the left flank.

You know, this isn't hard, every single person can do this (play players in their right positions) it doesn't take a mastermind like Mourinho.[/quote']

I just don't understand how he can be so negative but also play people in completely the wrong position time after time