Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Hopefully Lichaj starts there vs Bremen

Lichaj was one of our better performers in the tail end of last season ( not that hard though lol )' date=' he deserves a crack of the whip but we need a new LB in for sure for him to compete against or be understudy to.

Lambert discussing the Scottish Thug:

Lambert said the defender's future is unclear, commenting: "Will he be a Villa player before the transfer window closes? I don't know, I'm not so sure.

"But there have not been any enquiries for him at the minute.

"He's shown a good attitude in training so there are no qualms on that front."

Lambert also hinted that he is still on the look-out for players himself and will meet with owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner to discuss the next phase of his overhaul of the squad.

He added: "As manager you always want to bring in one or two more players."

I reckon 3-4 players in by the end of the window.

Linked with Annan, Creswell & Bennet resurfacing too.

Also opening day so the season is sold out, GUTTED ! Should of just got my ticket and gone by myself lol ! Couple of mates are west ham fans so i wouldnt have to travel down on my todd either. :(

Seen stories linking us to Kenwyne Jones and I really hope they're wide of the mark.

I've never rated him personally

I to hope they arent accurate.

Rumours have been going round for a while that were after a ST and Bent did have a good season with Jones once, Im preying this is just journalists putting two and two together

Awesome news.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2885487,00.html

Michael Henke - who was assistant manager to Ottmar Hitzfeld at Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich - has joined Villa as the club's new Head of European Scouting.

The experienced German will head up the club's European network in an overall structure that has been developed over the past two years.

Henke assumed responsibility for analysis and scouting at Bayern in 2008 when Hitzfeld was succeeded by Jurgen Klinsmann at the Bundesliga club and he is excited to be harnessing his vast experience in European football with a Barclays Premier club now managed by one of his former players, Paul Lambert.

"This is a similar role to one I held at Bayern when Klinsmann became manager and I am looking forward to working with the club and helping within the set-up already in place to identify players who will enhance the Villa team and the Villa squad," Henke said.

"Our objective will be to identify young players who have a good future and a good mentality. The Bundesliga, for example, has very good youth academies but our analysis of players will include other leagues, including the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, France, Spain and other countries. By definition, this is an extensive exercise.

"It is not only about good technique but it is also about the right character and what is required overall to be a successful player in the Premier League.

"It is not always about young, emerging talent either - also players with experience who will be motivated by the challenge and who we believe will bring the right qualities to Aston Villa and benefit the club.

"I visited the training ground at Bodymoor Heath several weeks ago and I'm very impressed by the set-up that is there - the academy, the facilities - all top-class.

"Of course, I also worked with Paul as a player at Borussia Dortmund and therefore I have known him for a long time.

"We share many of the same ideas about football. For instance, good organisation is paramount, as is an innate ethic which ensures that every player will work as hard as he can to achieve success.

"Paul has explained to me what type of qualities in particular that he will want most of all in the players we look at and clearly we will be looking at high quality in order to be able to compete well.

"I was able to be at the game in Werder Bremen on Saturday and I have been watching games already, including West Ham's recent games against Dresden and Cottbus with a view to looking at the opposition ahead of Villa's opening Premier League game on Saturday.

"I'm very much looking forward to working with Paul again and also with the club because Aston Villa is one of those old, traditional clubs in England. I can identify strongly with the club in terms of philosophy and commitment to quality and I very much hope to contribute to this."

Villa's domestic database of player analysis is overseen by Patrick Riley, with tools from Amisco being utilised for statistical background to enhance the club's knowledge in the recruitment process. Gareth Payne provides analysis of opposition players.

Henke's appointment and the arrival of players such as Karim El Ahmadi, Ron Vlaar and Brett Holman demonstrate the strong focus on the European market and new manager Lambert's determination to work with the club in enhancing key areas that will ensure long-term strength and development.

"It's great to have a man with Michael's experience and track record to come in to this role and I'm delighted that we've been able to bring him here," said Villa manager Paul Lambert.

"Michael has been successful with two great clubs in Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, working with Ottmar Hitzfeld and together bringing Champions League success and a succession of Bundesliga titles to both clubs.

"In the European game he has an unbelievable wealth of experience and an enviable network of contacts. It's a great thing for Aston Villa that we have been able to attract a man of his calibre to the club."

Sounds promising.

Makoun apparently off to twitter.

Dissapointed how it all turned out with him' date=' but this is under the circumstances the best thing to do. More funds, less wages. B)

Bring in a DM, ST, LB and ideally a W but that aint gonna happen.[/quote']

Take that's a typo :P.

Any news on Hutton recently?

Take that's a typo :P.

Any news on Hutton recently?

Certainly is' date=' Makoun is off, according to twitter. Club just released a statement, sadly it appears to be a loan.

[url']http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2885961,00.html[/url]

Re Hutton, nah sadly not. I have no doubts Lambert does want rid though, just need to find a mug to buy him :0

I know it's only 20 minutes into the season' date=' but you can see the difference in our play. We 've done well so far. Keeping the ball so much better. Gotta say that Holman, Ireland and N'Zogbia are interchaging well. El Ahmadi and Delph are looking good too[/quote']

We knocked it about nicely but lacked any real cutting edge in the final third, disappointing result but certainly something to build on. We had like 60% possession, cant remember the last time we actually kept the ball.

Striker, Left back and one more midfielder pweassseeee

If we got in Jarvis' date=' Kenwyne Jones, Steven N'zonzi and Martin Olsson, we would be shaping up nicely!!![/quote']

You lot should try and get Adam Johnsson on loan? He would be a decent player for you lot. I personally dont fancy N'zonzi as a player he is to casual and makes one to many mistakes in a game and dont think the arrival of Kenwyne jones will suit Darren Bent thats if they play together upfront.

You lot should try and get Adam Johnsson on loan? He would be a decent player for you lot. I personally dont fancy N'zonzi as a player he is to casual and makes one to many mistakes in a game and dont think the arrival of Kenwyne jones will suit Darren Bent thats if they play together upfront.

Darren bent recently said Kenwyne Jones was the best strike partner he's had and would love to work with him again!

Methinks it could be likely to happen!!

Id be slightly underwhelmed by the arrival of Jones. Even more so considering we have just appointed an very talented new head of european scouting, and the fact we have picked up some nice players from abroad. That being said PL knows best and Jones and Bent did play ridiculously well together, we are also lacking a physical presence on the pitch so it could work out :D

Even better if we shift Hutton to them as part of the deal.

Id be slightly underwhelmed by the arrival of Jones. Even more so considering we have just appointed an very talented new head of european scouting' date=' and the fact we have picked up some nice players from abroad. That being said PL knows best and Jones and Bent did play ridiculously well together, we are also lacking a physical presence on the pitch so it could work out :D

Even better if we shift Hutton to them as part of the deal.[/quote']

Agreed! Would love Moa from Hannover (if he still plays there...) but hey Jones and bent where epic together and recently Bent has come out and said he would be very happy should we sign Jones..... Kinda strange that got printed so thats what makes me think there's something in it!

Also Jones = Hutton and 2m?? Epic deal for us tbh!

Agreed! Would love Moa from Hannover (if he still plays there...) but hey Jones and bent where epic together and recently Bent has come out and said he would be very happy should we sign Jones..... Kinda strange that got printed so thats what makes me think there's something in it!

Also Jones = Hutton and 2m?? Epic deal for us tbh!

Moa said that he was planning on staying at Hannover last week.

Moa said that he was planning on staying at Hannover last week.

Shame tbh!!! Aparently the latest rumor is that a Black player has rolled up to Bodymoor Heath in a flashy Merc and was quickly ushered inside... Some say Martin Olsson, Some say Stephane Mbia, Some say Kenwyne Jones..... we will find out soon!!!

Shame tbh!!! Aparently the latest rumor is that a Black player has rolled up to Bodymoor Heath in a flashy Merc and was quickly ushered inside... Some say Martin Olsson' date=' Some say Stephane Mbia, Some say Kenwyne Jones..... we will find out soon!!![/quote']

Lambert was interested in signing Kenwyne Jones last season for Norwich

Villa clearout continues as Dunne heads for Premier League rivals Stoke

Richard Dunne is set to leave Aston Villa for Barclays Premier League rivals Stoke City.

The transfer has been held up as the centre half recovers from groin surgery but is expected to be confirmed before the transfer window closes on August 31.

Villa are eager to trim the club’s wage bill and cash in on Dunne, who is almost 33 and in the final year of his contract.

Tony Pulis is a fan of Dunne, whose physique would not be out of place among a bruising backline the Stoke manager is keen to overhaul.

Pulis will listen to offers for Ryan Shawcross if his bid to gazump Queens Park Rangers for Michael Dawson is successful but a move for Dunne is not affected by that.

Since signing from Manchester City for £5million three years ago Dunne has made 111 appearances for Villa, scoring four goals, but missed almost a third of last season with a broken collarbone, although he recovered to play at Euro 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192238/Richard-Dunne-leave-Aston-Villa-Stoke.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I appreciate the source is awful.

As much as I dont want Dunne at our club, we need to invest in several positions as it is, and unless we have another CB nailed on coming in, i doubt he will go.