• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Sources close to Anfield are saying your preparing a 5 Million Pound bid for Charlie Adam, I think he'd do a great job for you, just doesn't fit our style because of his preference for long balls, but I reckon he could do a good job for you and gives you that much needed creativity and dead ball taker.

Sources close to Anfield are saying your preparing a 5 Million Pound bid for Charlie Adam' date=' I think he'd do a great job for you, just doesn't fit our style because of his preference for long balls, but I reckon he could do a good job for you and gives you that much needed creativity and dead ball taker.[/quote']

Please no... I hate him:o

Adam and Benteke wouldn't be bad signings. I loved Adam when he was at Blackpool, despite people saying that he was a one trick wonder and all that i think he could do a good job for you guys alongside El Ahmadi in midfield. I think you still need to strengthen at the back though, particularly fullback. Any idea if your targeting anybody for those positions?

Whats the deal with Albrighton and Agbonlahor too? I take it they're injured?

What kind of a player is El Ahmadi too? Can't say ive really been watching Aston Villa yet this season, even on MOTD.

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Reckon #AVFC could well announce signing of 4mill Genk striker Christian Benteke tomorrow. Think focus of today on tonight's match

:D

dpa_ChristianxBenteke_37977500.onlineBild.jpg

Welcome Benteke :D

Little to early to be saying that' date=' although i suspect they are just digging their heels in and we will get him. B)

Sources close to Anfield are saying your preparing a 5 Million Pound bid for Charlie Adam, I think he'd do a great job for you, just doesn't fit our style because of his preference for long balls, but I reckon he could do a good job for you and gives you that much needed creativity and dead ball taker.

I wanted him at Villa before he moved to you, not a inspiring signing but he could do a job for us. If he plays anything like he did for you he will not go down to well.

Whats the deal with Albrighton and Agbonlahor too? I take it they're injured?

What kind of a player is El Ahmadi too? Can't say ive really been watching Aston Villa yet this season' date=' even on MOTD.[/quote']

Gabby and Albrighton have long term injuries.

I like El Ahmadi, what iv seen of him so far anyway. Can dictate play from the middle of the park and could be a real asset for us.

Yeah looks like Bennett is coming in according to most of the midlands/north east journos. I'd prefer Cresswell (because I watch Ipswich quite alot and really like him) but Bennett looks good too. Slight injury atm though so we'll still have to have a makeshift LB.

Genk play in the Europa Qualifying tommorow and I think Benteke will play so that one will go down right to the wire. I like the look of him, but I don't think he'll settle in straight away. Very raw according to the Belgian experts

Nice 3-0 win tonight, but even trying to be positive I doubt we'll get anything at St James. Hopefully kick start vs Swansea with 3-4 new signings..

Onwards and upwards..

Bennett will turn out to be a rubbish signing in my opinion. Seen him play a few times' date=' never been impressed. I'm sure our long suffering Boro fan will provide a better insight, if I can drag him on here.[/quote']

Haha please do try and drag him on here. I havent seen him to much, in the games i have he has been ok, half the boro fans on their forum have slated him, half say they are disappointed to see him leave.

Dont expect the finished article but what we will get from him is the hunger, drive and passion to fight for our club, unlike that tos a Warnock.

Id be happy if we bring in a CF and a W, but id love a midfield destroyer. B)

Gonna take a while to sort our squad out :)

Although in fairness Jon ill take Lambos opinion over yours :P

Haha please do try and drag him on here. I havent seen him to much' date=' in the games i have he has been ok, half the boro fans on their forum have slated him, half say they are disappointed to see him leave.

Dont expect the finished article but what we will get from him is the hunger, drive and passion to fight for our club, unlike that tos a Warnock.

Id be happy if we bring in a CF and a W, but id love a midfield destroyer. B)

Gonna take a while to sort our squad out :)

Although in fairness Jon ill take Lambos opinion over yours :P[/quote']

Agreed! I don't understand all the panic from people atm! Also the lad from Chesterfield is apparently coming in soon to... I know he hasn't scored much but PL must have seen something in him!

TRUST IN LAMBERT!

Think we got a good deal, delighted with the fee. Hes not a bad young player, thinks hes a lot better than he is. Decent pace, technically good, but has a lot to learn. He likes to get forward but his finally delivery is poor. He also finds himself out of position a hell of a lot due to his desire to get forward.

Mowbray rated him really highly, there is certainly potential there. Not sure he is ready for the premier league yet though.

Think we got a good deal' date=' delighted with the fee. Hes not a bad young player, thinks hes a lot better than he is. Decent pace, technically good, but has a lot to learn. He likes to get forward but his finally delivery is poor. He also finds himself out of position a hell of a lot due to his desire to get forward.

Mowbray rated him really highly, there is certainly potential there. Not sure he is ready for the premier league yet though.[/quote']

Cheers mate :)

I think thats what we all thought, I dont expect miracles of him, but there is potential and i think he has an opportunity to really prove himself, push on and fulfil the potential and faith our club has put on him.

Fulham's just accepted a Villa bid for Dempsey' date=' according to Eurosport :D[/quote']

any chance of a link on that one? ;)

I take it back...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196222/Fulham-accept-7m-Aston-Villa-bid-Clint-Dempsey.html?ITO=1490

"Apparently" Bennett and Dale Stephens are done deals' date=' :) Benteke has flown in "Apparently".

Also Gouffran could be coming in aswell.

If we get those 4 in we would have a far better team!

UTV[/quote']

GF's a big Charlton fan, she reckons Chris Powell said that bids for Solly were rubbish rumours and only the Stephens one had any weight behind it, although it was reportedly rejected.

It was from the Eurosport live deadline day feed' date=' but here's another link

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196222/Fulham-accept-7m-Aston-Villa-bid-Clint-Dempsey.html[/url]

Dempsey hasn't agreed to join though.

Yeah I started to look around, found a lot of links reporting the story, not sure why he'd make the jump though... not that I'd complain, N'Zogbia's been a joke.