• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Benteke in line to make his debut? Doubt ill see much of the game as ive got to go out soon' date=' but hope you win nevertheless.[/quote']

I dont think he was registered in time sadly. So we will have to wait till next week to see him, and Bennett is also left out the squad for some reason.

Cheers ! we need all the well wishing we can get ha

Have to say since moving here, Lowton has impressed me. Far from perfect but considering he is making the step up from league 1 to the premiership he has done fantastically.

Trys to play the ball out, positionally sound, gets caught out a little here and there but considering his age and the fact he has been thrown in at the deep end iv been very impressed.

Holman seems to try and do the right things but just cant pull it off :o

UTV !

Have to say since moving here' date=' Lowton has impressed me. Far from perfect but considering he is making the step up from league 1 to the premiership he has done fantastically.

Trys to play the ball out, positionally sound, gets caught out a little here and there but considering his age and the fact he has been thrown in at the deep end iv been very impressed.

Holman seems to try and do the right things but just cant pull it off :o

UTV ![/quote']

Agreed I'm liking the look of Lowton!! El Ahmadi is class bit of a spark to him in the tackle too! Holman I'm a bit unsure of tbh his workrate is brilliant though!

Just think if we had Bennett, Westwood (Who I think will play a lot for us this season) and Benteke in the squad.

We have plenty of reasons to be optimistic!

UTV!!

Agreed I'm liking the look of Lowton!! El Ahmadi is class bit of a spark to him in the tackle too! Holman I'm a bit unsure of tbh his workrate is brilliant though!

Just think if we had Bennett' date=' Westwood (Who I think will play a lot for us this season) and Benteke in the squad.

We have plenty of reasons to be optimistic!

UTV!![/quote']

Its gonna be a tough season but its not all doom and gloom :)

I think Westwood will be a great addition, I to think he will play alot. Im really intrigued to see Benteke, hopefully develops into a great player for us !

Performance wise then, I think that was pretty good. Few misplaced passes or over hit passes in the final third but generally speaking we are looking good. Wouldnt mind retaining the ball a little better.

Its gonna be a tough season but its not all doom and gloom :)

I think Westwood will be a great addition' date=' I to think he will play alot. Im really intrigued to see Benteke, hopefully develops into a great player for us !

Performance wise then, I think that was pretty good. Few misplaced passes or over hit passes in the final third but generally speaking we are looking good. Wouldnt mind retaining the ball a little better.[/quote']

Yeah tbh I think this season is the one of getting the way of playing in through the squad, a couple of additions in jan and Summer... CB, Winger and maybe a 2nd keeper if guzan takes the number 1 jersey!!

Can't wait to see Benteke play for us :D

Villa have been blistering today. Nothing could have been done to stop that HBA finish' date=' unbelievable.

Guzan proving he was worth keeping?

Think him and Given are too solid 'keepers to have, but Shayo's confidence is very low.[/quote']

Nah it was a great great goal, maybe could of closed him down better, or Holman shouldnt of been done so easily. But wow, what a finish.

Yeah, Guzan deserves this start, and has commanded his box very well.

Gabby on B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought we played well enough for a point today but gave away two very cheap goals and didn't take our chances. I think it was a fairly even game on the whole, I thought we were the better team in the first half and you were the better team in the second half but it was frustrating to concede two goals against the run of play.

Encouraging away performance for us though, created plenty of chances, looked dangerous out wide and our make shift defence did ok.

Thought you played well, Brad Guzan made a few very good saves, Ron Vlaar looked very good and El Ahmadi does look like a very tidy midfielder.

I think we deserved the win today. I appreciate what your saying though, you started well and finished well but never really got in behind us. That being said im so bloody happy. So happy.

A win against a good footballing team who were on great form. Very encouraging. Two good performances in a row now !

Benteke :D

Lowton was very impressive today too !!

I think we deserved the win today. I appreciate what your saying though' date=' you started well and finished well but never really got in behind us. That being said im so bloody happy. So happy.

A win against a good footballing team who were on great form. Very encouraging. Two good performances in a row now !

Lowton was very impressive today too !![/quote']

Indeed, we played bloody brilliant today :) and tbh I love Benteke! He looks like he could be very very good for us.... Concrete ron was stuff of legends today, the run in the second half :eek:

Positivity is back now lads!!!!! :)

UTV!

I think we deserved the win today. I appreciate what your saying though' date=' you started well and finished well but never really got in behind us. That being said im so bloody happy. So happy.

Lowton was very impressive today too !![/quote']

Yeh I know what your saying as well.

We did start off very well, then after the goal the game turned a bit but I still think we were the best team in the first half as we got back in to it towards the end. The same probably happened the opposite way around in the second half.

We didn't really get in behind you, bar the Graham air shot which he really should have buried but you didn't get in behind us either bar the second goal really either. I'm still encouraged by the performance though, we rarely played that well away from home last season.

Thought Lowton was good and obviously got a goal as well, but Lichaj wasn't very good on the either side. That being said Dyer did make Steven Warnock look like a toddler in this fixture last year.

Did you go today? I didn't go today as I went last year and loved Villa Park.

Oh and Cheer on Stan! Not really sure why there was a minutes applause, but good to see both sets of fans joining in.