Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Sounds very promising.

How has Holman been? Is he going to be a regular or is he just filling in until Albrighton returns from injury? I think Albrighton would be perfect in Lamberts system' date=' but i haven't seen Holman yet so can't really compare the two.[/quote']

Yeah it is pal, Newcastle game a massive improvement so to continue building on from that is a massive boost for the club and fans.

Holman is a player whose technical ability lets him down. However, his work rate is like nothing iv ever seen before. Constantly hassling players, and he presses very quickly. He makes good runs, but like i say, cant always do what he wants with the ball. Im not sure if it will be that simple for Marc, Holman has really impressed alot of people with what he brings to the side. :o No doubt though, that Albrighton will get his chance under Lambert.

Yeh I know what your saying as well.

We did start off very well' date=' then after the goal the game turned a bit but I still think we were the best team in the first half as we got back in to it towards the end. The same probably happened the opposite way around in the second half.

We didn't really get in behind you, bar the Graham air shot which he really should have buried but you didn't get in behind us either bar the second goal really either. I'm still encouraged by the performance though, we rarely played that well away from home last season.

Thought Lowton was good and obviously got a goal as well, but Lichaj wasn't very good on the either side. That being said Dyer did make Steven Warnock look like a toddler in this fixture last year.

Did you go today? I didn't go today as I went last year and loved Villa Park.

Oh and Cheer on Stan! Not really sure why there was a minutes applause, but good to see both sets of fans joining in.[/quote']

Yeah I cant disagree to much I just thought we had spells of brilliant pressure, but so did you. Nope Iv just moved up to leeds so had to stream the game today, not entirely sure when i will be able to go again. :/

Every game this season, we applaud for a minute in the 19th minute in support of Petrov. Its his number :) Fantastic that you guys got involved to, its justa gesture from the fans

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

So Vlaar was given the captaincy so Bent could concentrate on scoring. Whether thats true or not I agree with it, Bent needs to do what he does best and not worry about the rest of the team. He is hardly the all commanding / inspirational captain you need anyway, Vlaar is and could be a fantastic captain for us :)

Albrighton is set to return with the next few weeks so that will offer us a little more width, I hope he is able to kick on from where he started a couple of seasons ago. B)

The Fonz scored two goals for Blackpool yesterday, Im glad we have improved our working relationship with them after the whole Charlie Adam thing where Holloway ripped into us ha !

Only because I would love Ince / Phillips to come here in January or end of season. Young, talented and certainly fit the the bill when it comes to the type of player Lambert wants, young and hungry.

I used to think fonz could do well for us but each season he disappoints, not only in his ability but his work ethic. Its shocking. I dont think he is any where near prem quality. Flog him and some cash one of those please :P:D

EDIT: Hutton has been told he can go on loan, and I think him and Warnock are training with the kids. I hope the youths are picking up any bad habits from them ha

Thought we deserved the win overall today, that being said West Brom had periods of the game where they were the stronger team and created a couple of good opportunities too!

That being said quality in the final third cost us today, we get into good positions then just cant quite pull it off at the moment.

Lowton & Vlaar were at fault for the goal IMO. Lowton played Morrison (?) onside then Vlaar should of dealt with the cross better than he did, although in fairness it was a difficult situation to be put in.

Benteke was very ineffective and looked a little slugish but he is 21 and has plenty of time to develop. He was never bought to be a quick fix.

We kept the ball very well at times, but like i said just lacked that bit of quality / cutting edge.

All my baggy mates text me after saying they were delighted with a point

UTV

Bent still benched.... I must admit' date=' I imagined he would start today over Benteke who had a rough game against Baggies. Must of done something in training ![/quote']

Benteke looks like the new Heskey based on today.

Feel sorry for your fans who made the trip down. No fight, no pressure and getting at us and barely any attacking threat.

What Lambert is doing with Bent on the bench I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Benteke looks like the new Heskey based on today.

Feel sorry for your fans who made the trip down. No fight' date=' no pressure and getting at us and barely any attacking threat.

What Lambert is doing with Bent on the bench I don't know.[/quote']

Never saw this, he is has alot of raw ability and is doing some great things and some pretty poor. He was never bought to come in and boss it.

I can understand dropping Bent against Baggies but thought he did enough to start against you lot.

Line up for today.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, El Ahmadi, Delph, Ireland, Holman, Agbonlahor, Bent.

Benteke actually scored two in two for Belgium this week, 1 against Serbia and 1 against Scotland.

Will 100% come on today.

BUZZING!!

UTV

What Lambert is doing with Bent on the bench I don't know.

Hopefully Villa are willing to accept a 5-8m offer from his favourite club arsenal :P;) Tbh i think he would fit well with us and definately worth a punt as it seems Giroud just isn't going to fit in even though he has true quality i just don't think arsenal are the right club for him. Jenkinson, Andre santos, Sagna are the only players at the club that can actually cross a ball :o

Did Villa ever comment on the Charles Green 'Villa are rubbish' remark?

I know there was an apology issued by Green but unless I have missed it' date=' Villa were very quiet on the comment.[/quote']

I'm sure Villa don't really care what a Scottish 4th tier owner thinks about them.

I'm sure Villa don't really care what a Scottish 4th tier owner thinks about them.

I am sure they do not care either.

However when a man with the media exposure he currently receives starts slating a club I would expect a comment of sort in response.

Or maybe the apology came before the response was put into the mainstream.

I am sure they do not care either.

However when a man with the media exposure he currently receives starts slating a club I would expect a comment of sort in response.

Or maybe the apology came before the response was put into the mainstream.

The first i heard of it was the apology he made.

Disrespectful from anyone, but the fact it comes from a tax dodging pathetic excuse of a scottish club makes me not care at all what they have to say.

He is correct though we have been shoddy.

Although we went backwards under GH we still finished 9th, hardly terrible. technically... technically speaking we only had 1 terrible season and people are all to quick to think were terribe club these days i think the perception of villa as a club within the wider footballing community is pretty poor these days.

Hopefully we will under the guidance of lambo come out stronger, its a big task, but I have faith :)

I think we will be relegation zone come xmas but im fairly confident we will stay up once a fw things start to click, and a few investments come january.

Im not aware of a response from the club but i havent exactly looked for one either.

Have to say I thought I'd watch your game against Sunderland and suprised to see the decent level of progress you've already made,Benteke whilst raw looks like he could be a cracking buy and Bannan and Westwood should be regulars on the basis of this performance.

I think your major problems is the wastefulness of counter attacks on the basis of this,seem to have worked a decent position many times only to check back all the time,that's fine when there's nothing on but sometimes there has been and you've done nothing with it.

If you could sell Bent/Zog and get a quality winger I think it'd really help improve your side.

Have to say I thought I'd watch your game against Sunderland and suprised to see the decent level of progress you've already made' date='Benteke whilst raw looks like he could be a cracking buy and Bannan and Westwood should be regulars on the basis of this performance.

I think your major problems is the wastefulness of counter attacks on the basis of this,seem to have worked a decent position many times only to check back all the time,that's fine when there's nothing on but sometimes there has been and you've done nothing with it.

If you could sell Bent/Zog and get a quality winger I think it'd really help improve your side.[/quote']

Yup, we still have poor games but there is a clear progression in the way we set out, the mentality, the work rate / spirit and the way we try and play football, although that style has differed a through times during the season.

Either way I am buzzing after that win :D

Benteke looks like he has the potential to be a really good player for us in the long term.