• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/astonvillab6/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686

Official villa ebay store.

Selling all the players shirts who were involved against united to raise money for the British royal legion.B)

Bentekkers one is on there :P

Unlucky lads' date=' I really thought you had the points in the bag. Benteke looks a real handful and could prove to be a top signing.

Looks to be the best footballing side Villa have put together for a few years.[/quote']

We have our ups and downs but you can see where he wants to take us. Im scared, nervous and excited for the rest of the season lol!

Still not over the United result :o

Playing you guys at VP is like a reoccurring nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Care to share your thoughts on the Wenger sacking issue one more time?

I think it'll be interesting to see what the percentages are between the 'faithful' and other football fans so I've setup a couple of polls.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm sitting on the fence on this one, I did want him to stay but I cant deny that throughout history a new manager usually always has a positive effect. But this is the Arsene and will a change be right for the longterm? What do you think?

[NON-ARSENAL FANS ONLY]

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=128644

To bring the Villa discussion back, any predictions for todays game?

Thank god for that.

A thoroughly deserved point! Pressed excellently and I thought Clark, Beneteke, Bannan & Westwood had particularly fantastic games.

Benteke touch was phenomenal and won the vast majority of headers.... again.

Clark was solid, decent with the ball and made a few vital tackles and interceptions.

Bannans delivery was superb, little miffed about he pulls out of challenges sometims but ill forgive him for being a wee fella.

Westwood could be a real good player for us. Calm with the ball and can pick a pass.

Big shout out to all the boys though :D

Great confidence boost going into the games against Reading, QPR and Stoke.

If only Holmans shot went in !! :P

Westwood looked decent.

Tbh I thought it was more a case of Arsenal being poor then you stopping us playing IMO.

Perhaps, but that will always be the difference in opinion. Do not doubt you didnt show your quality but I feel our pressing was excellent, we didnt allow you ( this is where the opinion differs ) win individual battles as much as you would like.

Benteke! Complete and utter tank.

Indeed. 21 years old and a fantastic asset. Plenty of time to get better and better. :)

Difficult and unpleasing game to watch' date=' so scrappy it's not even funny :(

Will take the points though, anyone else notice that the corner came from Westwood's first corner of the game while the rest were taken by Bannan?[/quote']

At times I thought we looked good, then periods of poor play. Incorrect decision by players cost us in the final third. Still im DELIGHTED !!!

Lets beat QPR and sit down saggy chops.

Strangely confident going into this game. Will be interesting to see if Bent is on the bench, not entirely sure I believe that bolloks about Bent not playing for financial reasons.

Would be slightly disappointed in Lerner and Lambert if that was the case. Many people have rubbished it, but you never know.

Id probably go more down the route of him not pulling his weight in training / attitude issue and personality clash with Lambert. Should be on the bench today. Should be. Should be.

Completely agree with him not starting mind you.

Aslong as we get a replacement in, a good striker, ideally from abroad id be fine with Bent leaving. We need someone who can hold the ball up a little more, or run at players with the ball. he does neither :o

If only Vittese didnt pull the plug on our deal for Bony by moving the goal posts last minute. Mind you we wouldnt of signed Benteke then.

Would be fantastic if we sold Bent and got Bony in, but Chelsea and Liverpool are circling now by all accounts. Hopefully just media rubbish, least we know we have an interest.

Also linked with Aubameyang on and off for the last month and a bit. Said he would like to play in England. With their blistering start may be a little ambitious

Guzan; Lowton, Clark, Baker, Lichaj, Westwood; Bannan; Herd, Holman, Agbonlahor; Benteke. Subs: Given, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Bent, Williams, Ireland, Delph.

Lichaj in for injured Stevens. Herd in for Weiman.

Holman and Gabby outwide, in this 4-2-3-1, although I suspect it will be a little more of a 4-3-2-1 with Westwood / Bannan getting forward a little more at times.

Bent on the bench, to appease the fans ? to stop the rumours ? Or actually Lambert feels he needs him in this game.

Probably the later although the decision to leave him out the squad against reading was a little strange but Im with him all the way.

Nice to see Derreck Williams on the bench too, instead of Albrighton whose fall from grace has been nothing but spectacular. Really liked him, but he has been given a few chances here and there to try and regain form, but just isnt showing the ability he demonstrated when he first broke through. May not be to late for him, but time is certainly not on his side.

UTV !!!

Lets sit saggy chops down!!

• 2 weeks later...

What a win' date=' what a great attacking performance at times. Dont get me wrong, they could of scored more, but so could we.

goal and 2 assists for Benteke, and his goal involved 15 passes then smashes it in.

:D

I went from having zero confidence against scouse to having a little :)

UTV[/quote']

Indded :D Bradford (Or so i'm told) next, just as long as it doesn't go to pens... (Which it REALLY shouldn't do over 2 legs)

Indded :D Bradford (Or so i'm told) next' date=' just as long as it doesn't go to pens... (Which it REALLY shouldn't do over 2 legs)[/quote']

It's a draw for the semi final so dunno where you heard that we were playing Bradford.

Not to say that I'd rather them than any of Leeds, Chelsea, Middlesborough or Swansea

Considering im in Leeds at the moment, if we get Bradford or if Leeds go through im going. Brother is at Swansea so if they go through id be all over that too. Been to naff all games this season sadly.

What positions do you think we will address in January ?

I love how Lambert is willing to mix formations up, we have played variations of 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-4-2 Diamond and now were playing 3-5-2!

Id like a CB, Wide midfielder (could be a winger / perhaps someone who can play wing back), CM (strong, athletic- this is integral) and a striker. Especially if Bent goes.

I reckon by next summer we would probably of bought in another CM aswell, Dale Stephens or that one lad from Milwall, cant remember his name but he is young, got an eye for a spectacular goal by all acounts and is chipping in with assists!

Going to be a long hard season but we have plenty to be optimistic about.

Benteke, I literally couldnt like the lad more !