Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Magic J

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Not going to get to carried away nor am I saying we will win.

But look what someone posted on RAWK or something alongs those lines.

After seeing Villa again, I'm going to up my prediction.

We are going to win this game upward of 4-0. I suspect 5-0, although 6-0 wouldn't be an unreasonable prediction. Villa are easily the worst side that I've ever seen in the top flight in decades. They are abysmal all over the pitch. No cohesion, no belief, no guts, no ability, no desire.

This, my friends, is going to be an absolute battering come the weekend. Villa are going to get absolutely pounded into the floor.

This will be the easiest game that Brendan Rodgers will ever have for this club.

Not going to get to carried away nor am I saying we will win.

But look what someone posted on RAWK or something alongs those lines.

Knew lambert would get you going hes a good manager and im glad hes got u up and running! Villa dont have the best players in the league but Benteke is showing great promise however Lambert can get the best out of players and he is starting to do that at villa!

Hope u put a few more past pool

Knew lambert would get you going hes a good manager and im glad hes got u up and running! Villa dont have the best players in the league but Benteke is showing great promise however Lambert can get the best out of players and he is starting to do that at villa!

Hope u put a few more past pool

Yup' date=' a few people were doubting him, one result or a little form doesnt mean we have turned the corner but there has been clear progression this season. Inarticulately since Sunderland.

Was so happy when we got Lambert and I will continue to give him 100% support as he looks to turn our club around. Shifting the dead wood and bringing in his own players.

I have to say I am a huge fan of Benteke, Lambert kept faith and has been duly repaid.

Well done Lambert, well done Villa - keep it up!!

He has been nothing short of a sensation this season. A truly magnificent young striker.

For anyone who hasnt seen Bentekes outrageous pass for our second ;)

bf8c3c088644b5fe51363ac09891c293_large

Further reports suggesting Dale Stephens' date=' who we targeted in the summer and James Henry will be brought in during January.[/quote']

I think the Charlton Boss came out this week about Stephens and he sounded like he is going to sell..... He's a pretty good midfielder similar to Bannan and well Henry has been pretty good for Milwall! I'd like Liam Trotter from Milwall if we are going for a Dm!

I think the Charlton Boss came out this week about Stephens and he sounded like he is going to sell..... He's a pretty good midfielder similar to Bannan and well Henry has been pretty good for Milwall! I'd like Liam Trotter from Milwall if we are going for a Dm!

Im trusting Lambert entirely on the two mentioned previously, havent seen much of Stephens, but seen a little more of Henry and my mate has seen a bit of him think he could be handy.

Id prefer to go and buy a slightly more established DM, as its the weakest part of our squad by a mile, we literally dont have a big athletic CM, who can break up attacks and drive forward (Mo Diame esq would be perfect :P).

Think January will be very important for us. If we could pick up four points from the next three games id be delighted (Chelsea(A), Tottenham (H), Wigan(H)).

Im trusting Lambert entirely on the two mentioned previously' date=' havent seen much of Stephens, but seen a little more of Henry and my mate has seen a bit of him think he could be handy.

Id prefer to go and buy a slightly more established DM, as its the weakest part of our squad by a mile, we literally dont have a big athletic CM, who can break up attacks and drive forward (Mo Diame esq would be perfect :P).

Think January will be very important for us. If we could pick up four points from the next three games id be delighted (Chelsea(A), Tottenham (H), Wigan(H)).[/quote']

Diame has a 3.5m clause in his contract apparently.... but I would think Trotter is more of a Lambert sort of player, either way only he, his staff and Lerner know who we are going for..... I literally can't wait to see who we are going to get and how the squad will shape up come the start of 2013-14!

I think we should be going for 4 points minimum out of those 3 games, I'd love a win against Chelsea!!

Diame has a 3.5m clause in his contract apparently.... but I would think Trotter is more of a Lambert sort of player' date=' either way only he, his staff and Lerner know who we are going for..... I literally can't wait to see who we are going to get and how the squad will shape up come the start of 2013-14!

I think we should be going for 4 points minimum out of those 3 games, I'd love a win against Chelsea!![/quote']

Yeah, I wasnt really meaning we go for him, just someone in his mould. I dont think he would come to us, he is also injured (few months out?) and like you say isnt the Lambert kind of signing.

That being said Lambert appointed a brand new head scout this summer in Henke, who he worked with in Germany I believe. I have no doubt that we are prepared to look around the leagues in England but I have a feeling we will dabble abroad to.

I reckon this January, the summer and the following January will see alot of players leave who were brought in by previous regimes, obviously some will stay but Lambert will build he own squad and I cannot wait to watch him do so. We really should be going for 4 points, Wigan at home is a HUGE game.

Whilst im home over xmas Ill sneak to a few :D

Yeah' date=' I wasnt really meaning we go for him, just someone in his mould. I dont think he would come to us, he is also injured (few months out?) and like you say isnt the Lambert kind of signing.

That being said Lambert appointed a brand new head scout this summer in Henke, who he worked with in Germany I believe. I have no doubt that we are prepared to look around the leagues in England but I have a feeling we will dabble abroad to.

I reckon this January, the summer and the following January will see alot of players leave who were brought in by previous regimes, obviously some will stay but Lambert will build he own squad and I cannot wait to watch him do so. We really should be going for 4 points, Wigan at home is a HUGE game.

Whilst im home over xmas Ill sneak to a few :D[/quote']

Indeed I do agree with the whole buying from abroad thing.... currently had links with, Mame Diouf, Finnbogason, Arkaduisz Milik and Aubameyang..... any of those would be a good replacement for DB9 who I think will be off as Villa are better with Weimann and Tekkers up top!

Interesting thing I saw from the game when N'zogbia came on... he got the ball inside our half and tried to run up the pitch with it, lost the ball and the camera panned to Lambert who did not look happy.... I wouldn't at all be suprised if we cut our losses with Zoggy.

I'll just be VERY happy when Hutton gets out of our club!

Btw who are we thinking will get into an England squad first.... Lowton, Baker or Westwood ;)

Indeed I do agree with the whole buying from abroad thing.... currently had links with' date=' Mame Diouf, Finnbogason, Arkaduisz Milik and Aubameyang..... any of those would be a good replacement for DB9 who I think will be off as Villa are better with Weimann and Tekkers up top!

Interesting thing I saw from the game when N'zogbia came on... he got the ball inside our half and tried to run up the pitch with it, lost the ball and the camera panned to Lambert who did not look happy.... I wouldn't at all be suprised if we cut our losses with Zoggy.

I'll just be VERY happy when Hutton gets out of our club!

Btw who are we thinking will get into an England squad first.... Lowton, Baker or Westwood ;)[/quote']

Id be happy with any of them, not to keen on Mame Diouf though, although by all accounts he is playing well in Germany.

Weimann is a natural goal scorer, like Bent, but he works his bloody socks so for me, genuinely, id have Andi over Bent. Long term and tbh short term.

I think Zogg will have to the end of the season to prove his worth, whether or not he will remains to be seen but I havent wrote him off completely yet. he has been disastrous for us though :o

Nor can I, I loved how Lambert came in and immediately told Warnock and Hutton to do one :D:D

Hutton said he is finished at Villa so the time where I dont have to associate this club with him is getting near.

Toughey but id say....

Westwood / Lowton / Baker.

Not any time soon ofcourse, but thats what I reckon

Id be happy with any of them' date=' not to keen on Mame Diouf though, although by all accounts he is playing well in Germany.

Weimann is a natural goal scorer, like Bent, but he works his bloody socks so for me, genuinely, id have Andi over Bent. Long term and tbh short term.

I think Zogg will have to the end of the season to prove his worth, whether or not he will remains to be seen but I havent wrote him off completely yet. he has been disastrous for us though :o

Nor can I, I loved how Lambert came in and immediately told Warnock and Hutton to do one :D:D

Hutton said he is finished at Villa so the time where I dont have to associate this club with him is getting near.

Toughey but id say....

Westwood / Lowton / Baker.

Not any time soon ofcourse, but thats what I reckon[/quote']

Haha agreed... Diouf could either be a complete hit but imo we need to treat Benteke like a god atm that will hopefully keep him with us longer, by the looks of the celebration v Norwich he is enjoying being the cult hero!!

I have to admit... I do love Andi <3 He's quality and knows where the net is he is criminally underrated on SM too (Kept us up last season with his 2 goals!!!)

hmmmm tbh I think Westwood has the most potential out of the lot with lowton and baker just shortly behind BUT I do genuinely think that all 3 could get into the England Squads at some point!

Hopefully Westwood could get Lambert to have a good look at Max Clayton..... he's a player I'd love us to sign!

Nor can I' date=' I loved how Lambert came in and immediately told Warnock and Hutton to do one :D:D

Hutton said he is finished at Villa so the time where I dont have to associate this club with him is getting near.[/quote']

Still to this day I don't know how we got money from you boys for Hutton. God awful player and a complete thug of a man also.

No longer class Boxing Day as a gimme, will be a good game that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing how Benteke does, he was a complete donkey at WHL earlier in the season.

Still to this day I don't know how we got money from you boys for Hutton. God awful player and a complete thug of a man also.

No longer class Boxing Day as a gimme' date=' will be a good game that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing how Benteke does, he was a complete donkey at WHL earlier in the season.[/quote']

Around the 3.0-3.5 million mark by all accounts.

Yup, I think im going to that so I am hoping we nick something :P

That was probably his worst game this season, since he has been making huge strides forward each game! Who will be your CB partnership out of interest?

Around the 3.0-3.5 million mark by all accounts.

Yup' date=' I think im going to that so I am hoping we nick something :P

That was probably his worst game this season, since he has been making huge strides forward each game! Who will be your CB partnership out of interest?[/quote']

Daylight robbery that was.

I was going to go but have things to do unfortunately. Shame as I quite like going to VP. Not a stadium we get anti Semitic abuse all game so that's always a big positive.

Far to early to tell. BAE is back in training, potentially being involved tomorrow. I assume he could start against you boys which would mean Vertonghen being of the 2. Then it's between Caulker, Dawson and Gallas for the other spot. I would guess however that it would be Jan left back and Caulker + Dawson at cb.

I'm still confident of a win unless something drastically changes in the next 10 days or so.

Daylight robbery that was.

I was going to go but have things to do unfortunately. Shame as I quite like going to VP. Not a stadium we get anti Semitic abuse all game so that's always a big positive.

Far to early to tell. BAE is back in training' date=' potentially being involved tomorrow. I assume he could start against you boys which would mean Vertonghen being of the 2. Then it's between Caulker, Dawson and Gallas for the other spot. I would guess however that it would be Jan left back and Caulker + Dawson at cb.

I'm still confident of a win unless something drastically changes in the next 10 days or so.[/quote']

Certainly was... :( Think he is on 30k aswell :eek:

I cant wait for our game to be honest, I understand your confidence of winning, but obviously there will be a fair bit of confidence around the Villa camp at the moment. Not conceding much recently which is fantastic, I am however concerned that Bale could run riot if we play 3-5-2. Which we probably will.

I cant wait for our game to be honest' date=' I understand your confidence of winning, but obviously there will be a fair bit of confidence around the Villa camp at the moment. Not conceding much recently which is fantastic, I am however concerned that Bale could run riot if we play 3-5-2. Which we probably will.[/quote']

I think your team is ideally set up for us if I'm honest. I will explain this more when the game comes round and the team news is more clear.

Courtesy of VillaTalk.

Of their forums. Arrogance is outstanding. Ill give them that :P

First time I'm going to say this so far this season.

Easy. Win.

We shall win this at a canter. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Villa are the worst team I have ever seen in the top flight. That they are not bottom is some kind of mad aberration of space, time and spinning kebabs. They are so beyond rubbish it's untrue.

So. Easy win. Probably 3-0. And three games in the league for us on the bounce! Hurrah!

------------------

Both teams took a step backwards in the hope of moving forward. We both have had to rely on youth for financial issues and both sets of fans are reasonably upbeat about the future, whilst remaining grounded. It's worked out better for us, 4 points off 4th place. In our stock stake, transitional phase we have managed to promote gems through our ranks: Shelvey, Sterling, Suso, Wisdom. Should be an easy win (for once) which will probably make it more difficult than it should be, close 1st half, ending 3-0.

------------------

Villa have a tough run. Us at home, then Chelsea away and then Spurs at home. Very close to the drop and they know the teams below will be scrapping too.

Expecting a scrappy affair. They'll either capitulate early or will dig heels in and frustrate us

Maybe a 6-0 at Anfield finally

------------------

I think the lads will go in very confident, so I can't see how Villa could walk out with less than 2-3 goals in the back of the net

------------------

I want us to hammer these, absolutely hammer 'em.

5-0 please.

------------------

I think we'll clearing in the woods these. Villa have been horrible this season.

------------------

Need to smash these, Villa is one of the worst teams this season.

------------------

They are still *****. Beating Norwich doesn't change that.

------------------

We'll take villa to a dark place and the'll be scared, very scared.

------------------

I think we will win though.Players confident,defense confident,players know they can win wihtout suarez,suarez back.

Plus villa are a team that at home we generally are comfortable against.

4-0

------------------

I really do not like Villa... their fat chewing brummie, irritating accented, uneducated clowns of a fanbase..... i dislike them as much as Chelsea fans.

------------------

8-1 to us

------------------

We'll smash Aston Villa.

------------------

I'm going to predict a 4-0 win.

------------------

We've got problems if we can't beat Villa. They've been dire this season. Probably the worst team to watch in all of the Premier League. Beating Norwich changes nothing. I wouldn't care if Villa had won 8-0, I would still expect us to beat them Saturday.

------------------

Whenever we play Villa at Anfield, I,m always reminded of God nutmegging Stan Staunton with that uber cheekey back heel and smashing it in the top corner from about 20 odd yards out. One of my favourite goals ever.

I digress, I fancy a comfortable 3-0 on Saturday.

-----------------

Really looking forward to this game. Have a good feeling and I think we'll win by a 2-3 goal margin.

-----------------

I ******* hate villa fans, for the sake of that i hope we clearing in the woods these c*nts.

-----------------

After seeing Villa again, I'm going to up my prediction.

We are going to win this game upward of 4-0. I suspect 5-0, although 6-0 wouldn't be an unreasonable prediction. Villa are easily the worst side that I've ever seen in the top flight in decades. They are abysmal all over the pitch. No cohesion, no belief, no guts, no ability, no desire.

This, my friends, is going to be an absolute battering come the weekend. Villa are going to get absolutely pounded into the floor.

This will be the easiest game that Brendan Rodgers will ever have for this club.

-----------------

Suarez double hatrick, IMO.

-----------------

We will smash these 3-0

Suarez x 2, Sterling

-----------------

Feeling confident about this match, prediction 4-0 to us.

Gerrard seems to love playing against Villa, going for him to score along with Suarez

----------------

Now, if we don't get three points against that team, we should send an application into the SFA, at 5 o'clock.

----------------

4-0 win, last on Match of the Day.

I cant wait for our game to be honest' date=' I understand your confidence of winning, but obviously there will be a fair bit of confidence around the Villa camp at the moment. Not conceding much recently which is fantastic, I am however concerned that [b']Bale could run riot if we play 3-5-[/b]2. Which we probably will.

Although, i remember Vlaar keeping Bale somewhat quiet, doubling up and helping Lowton (i think it was) the last time Villa played Spurs. So :rolleyes: - is he coming back anytime soon?

Although' date=' i remember Vlaar keeping Bale somewhat quiet, doubling up and helping Lowton (i think it was) the last time Villa played Spurs. So :rolleyes: - is he coming back anytime soon?[/quote']

Yup, hopefully that will happen again :P My concern lies that they could potentially exploit the formation rather than the players but we will see.

How comes Bennett isnt playing guys?

I thought you lot said he was better than Lichaj?

After his suspension he has been struggling with an injury (knee), so thats kept him out of the first team. His first few games were a bit iffy to say the least although in fairness Im not holding it against him, as a team were struggling defensively. Im sure in time, he will get his chance, when we use a 3-5-2 I dont like the lack of width Lichaj offers, mainly due to him being right footed.