Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Can you play like you did against us more often? Cheers.

Benteke is very inconsistent, but i quite like watching Aston Villa. Although you're a bit like us in that you're trying to play a system that you don't quite have the players for. Or it only works when all of the players are at the top of their game.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

You probably won't go down as much as I'd like to see you lot down. Dunno where this "hatred" towards villa comes from' date=' probably from the fans that are always coming onto the Arsenal thread and trolling, the likes of ruggermad and others. But I like Lambert is doing with a young team, very energetic and I think you will get the points you need against the smaller teams. I think Qpr and Reading are certain to go down, then theres you lot , Saints and Wigan. What happened to the more experience players ? N'Zogbia/Gabby/Bent and so on ? Injured?[/quote']

You just can't leave me alone can you. Just don't start stalking me

I'm still confident we won't go down. I'll eat my words at the end of the season if we do, but I just look around and there's much worse teams in the league than us, in my opinion anyway. Like its been said, losing to Chelsea and Spurs isn't too big a deal but Chelsea in particular we were awful. It was embarrassing at times and it was only due to Guzan making a few amazing saves that it was kept down to single figures.

Next game against Wigan should provide a better indication than the previous two

Certainly doesnt look good.

Always thought we would struggle first half of the season but would pick it up.

We started poorly, then started to pick up performance wise and a little result wise then 3 horrific results.

Gutted !

If we dont have a fantastic January, I think were done for. :(

Actually disgusted in this performance. Utterly disgraceful.

Errors everywhere' date=' ridiculously casual, Ireland can do one. He needs to be sold ASAP. Sick of him. How many chances can one man bloody have.[/quote']

He is by far our most skilled midfielder and is the best at crafting chances, I would say. But I do agree something has to be done about him.

If we sell him, we must scramble for a replacement though. And it's hard enough to do deals in Jan. :(

He is by far our most skilled midfielder and is the best at crafting chances' date=' I would say. But I do agree something has to be done about him.

If we sell him, we must scramble for a replacement though. And it's hard enough to do deals in Jan. :([/quote']

Ireland needed to go 12 months ago

He is by far our most skilled midfielder and is the best at crafting chances' date=' I would say. But I do agree something has to be done about him.

If we sell him, we must scramble for a replacement though. And it's hard enough to do deals in Jan. :([/quote']

I dont disagree but he simply hasnt done it for us. When things are going ok for him, he seems to put in a shift... the quality is very rarely there but today and all to often recently he had no quality and his attitude made my blood boil.

What a sorry state our club is in. :(

I'm gonna be honest.... We need a big strong DM another good experienced CB (we have missed Vlaar's leadership qualities these last 3 games),

A forward thinking midfielder who can create chances and score goals (We haven't had a goal scoring midfield for a couple of years tbh)

and maybe a striker (doubt we will sell Bent now).........

I'm going to throw out players like Douglas, Guilavogui and Moralez from Atlanta, 3 quality players who would improve us vastly..... Just gotta hope Lerner will give Lambert the funds.... we don't need to sack him it would stick us back to square 1 all over again!

I'm gonna be honest.... We need a big strong DM another good experienced CB (we have missed Vlaar's leadership qualities these last 3 games)' date='

A forward thinking midfielder who can create chances and score goals (We haven't had a goal scoring midfield for a couple of years tbh)

and maybe a striker (doubt we will sell Bent now).........

I'm going to throw out players like Douglas, Guilavogui and Moralez from Atlanta, 3 quality players who would improve us vastly..... Just gotta hope Lerner will give Lambert the funds.... we don't need to sack him it would stick us back to square 1 all over again![/quote']

Sacking him would be a massive mistake and Randy Lerner has made some bloody big mistakes.

We need cash, now the books are balanced there is no reason not to spend. He gave a decent amount in the summer but we had loads of players leave and needed a fair few faces in.

DM has to come in or my toys are gonna be everywhere.

I dont disagree but he simply hasnt done it for us. When things are going ok for him' date=' he seems to put in a shift... the quality is very rarely there but today and all to often recently he had no quality and his attitude made my blood boil.

What a sorry state our club is in. :([/quote']

My sentiments exactly. But selling him isn't that simple considering our situation now. D: Maybe next summer when we've settled our mess. (I hope we do)

Any speculation on our transfer targets?

I heard Lambert's watching Aubameyang. :/ And we've been linked to Sougou. But I haven't been keeping track of the transfer rumours.

Sky sports are embarrassing and just as bad as any tabloid newspaper.

They have on a number of occasions made out as if Lambert said something he hasnt yet fools lap it up as if its the truth.

Sick of attention grabbing headlines making bold statements with no direct quotes suggesting that has been said at all, whats even more annoying is that the latest article on sky sports regarding Lambert ruling out spending money in January has been patched together using various interviews over the last week, and in none of those did he say we arent buying someone.

That site is tosh, got gimps jumping all over it on villatalk.

Sky sports are embarrassing and just as bad as any tabloid newspaper.

They have on a number of occasions made out as if Lambert said something he hasnt yet fools lap it up as if its the truth.

Sick of attention grabbing headlines making bold statements with no direct quotes suggesting that has been said at all' date=' whats even more annoying is that the latest article on sky sports regarding Lambert ruling out spending money in January has been patched together using various interviews over the last week, and in none of those did he say we arent buying someone.

That site is tosh, got gimps jumping all over it on villatalk.[/quote']

Makes a change for them to be targeting Villa, is Bent injured or something going on in the background as he has certain goals in him?

Makes a change for them to be targeting Villa' date=' is Bent injured or something going on in the background as he has certain goals in him?[/quote']

Under Eck they did everything possible to defend the man, it seems that with certain sections of the media Lambert isnt very popular.

He started against Norwich and pulled up. Hasnt been back since although he was barely involved before. I completely understood and agreed with the decision not to play Bent initially, but as injuries and results worsen I want him and tekkers up front, with the addition of 2/3 midfielders. We just dont have the quality at the moment to play to Bents strengths.

Linked with Frederick Sorensen today..... Would be pretty happy if we got him in' date=' good solid Cb![/quote']

Isn't he co-owned by Juve? Dont fully understand the Italian co-ownership system but I think if Villa bid, then an identical bid is automatically made and accepted from Juve. So its Juve vs Villa.

Linked with Frederick Sorensen today..... Would be pretty happy if we got him in' date=' good solid Cb![/quote']

Would be happy with that but i still think there is 0 creativity in that midfield, i've been dreaming of a Milner return for ages. (don't want Downing though)

Any truth in the Betis coach Mel taking over from Lambert? I hope not :/

Couple of people of VT saying Dale Stephens to Villa from Charlton is a done deal.... Box to Box Mid who is more attacking than Westy but has the same skill set (good on the ball, likes to keep it moving)...

Now all we need is a Big strong Dm to play with them and we may be golden for the Cm spots (Especially after Westy's injury today :( )

Couple of people of VT saying Dale Stephens to Villa from Charlton is a done deal.... Box to Box Mid who is more attacking than Westy but has the same skill set (good on the ball' date=' likes to keep it moving)...

Now all we need is a Big strong Dm to play with them and we may be golden for the Cm spots (Especially after Westy's injury today :( )[/quote']

Whats wrong with El Ahmadi?

I take it Westwood is good then?

(Sorry - haven't watched Villa in a long time)

El Ahmadi after a promising start went through an atrocious patch of form. Although admittedly he hasnt looked as bad recently. I dont think he will ever be a nailed on starter. He could however become a good squad player.

Westwood is very promising, keeps the ball very very well and in a team lacking quality, he is somehow managing at times to keep us ticking over.

Stephens would be a nice signing, that one chap on VT (Richard) said it was nailed on a while ago. Usually very reliable.

Providing he comes in, I want a DM and a CB minimum, then a W.

Also delighted with a point however devastated at how it came about.

Defense lacks the leadership of Vlaar and they dont have a bruiser infront to protect them. Tekkers second half looked alot better, we were awful in the first half but second half we picked it up.

Herd is not a CB, and it shows oh so often, cannot stress how much we need another CB in.

Also Weimann took his goal very well, nice finish from the kid.