Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

El Ahmadi after a promising start went through an atrocious patch of form. Although admittedly he hasnt looked as bad recently. I dont think he will ever be a nailed on starter. He could however become a good squad player.

Westwood is very promising' date=' keeps the ball very very well and in a team lacking quality, he is somehow managing at times to keep us ticking over.

Stephens would be a nice signing, that one chap on VT (Richard) said it was nailed on a while ago. Usually very reliable.

Providing he comes in, I want a DM and a CB minimum, then a W.

Also delighted with a point however devastated at how it came about.

Defense lacks the leadership of Vlaar and they dont have a bruiser infront to protect them. Tekkers second half looked alot better, we were awful in the first half but second half we picked it up.

Herd is not a CB, and it shows oh so often, cannot stress how much we need another CB in.

Also Weimann took his goal very well, nice finish from the kid.[/quote']

I can see us getting in about 4 players tbhm could be something like:

Stephens

Trotter (Dm)

Freddie Sorensen (Cb)

Yala Bolasie

not that much experience there but Trotters played a fair amount of games as has westwood......

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I can see us getting in about 4 players tbhm could be something like:

Stephens

Trotter (Dm)

Freddie Sorensen (Cb)

Yala Bolasie

not that much experience there but Trotters played a fair amount of games as has westwood......

I want Stephens, I wouldnt mind if we got Trotter or Henry from Milwall ( not a DM but a creative midfielder ... which we could do with ) nor would I mind brining in Bolasie.

For CB and the DM destroyer we so desperately need Id like a older head. Not necessarily prem experience, but someone who has leadership qualties, can give that little bit of advice instruction to the younger lads.

Given we redeveloped our whole scouting network in the summer and appointed Henke I would be seriously surprised if we dont at least attempt to bring someone in from Germany, or a number of other european leagues.

Bannan and Hutton both been linked to Forest. I like Barry, I really do, when he plays well and pull strings he looks great but they dont come often enough, his technical abilities dont make up for his lack of presence or physicality.

Obviously know what I think of Hutton :P

Wouldnt mind offering the fonz and a little cash for Matty Phillips.

EDIT: Benteke 9th of the season for us.

I want Stephens' date=' I wouldnt mind if we got Trotter or Henry from Milwall ( not a DM but a creative midfielder ... which we could do with ) nor would I mind brining in Bolasie.

For CB and the DM destroyer we so desperately need Id like a older head. Not necessarily prem experience, but someone who has leadership qualties, can give that little bit of advice instruction to the younger lads.

Given we redeveloped our hole scouting network in the summer and appointed Henke I would be seriously surprised if we dont at least attempt to bring someone in from Germany, or a number of other european leagues.

Bannan and Hutton both been linked to Forest. I like Barry, I really do, when he plays well and pull strings he looks great but they dont come often enough, his technical abilities dont make up for his lack of presence or physicality.

Obviously know what I think of Hutton :P

Wouldnt mind offering the fonz and a little cash for Matty Phillips.[/quote']

Indeed I'd rest easier with a bit of experience alongside Westy and Stephens (should we get him) someone like Primim Schwegler would suit us.... quick across the pitch, defensive minded Cm or Josh Guillavogui who i find akin to Matuidi and Capoue!!

Hoping for some German Gems from Henke too :D

I've heard that the reason Bent hasn't been playing for us is that one of the clauses (from joining Sunderland) is that if he plays X amount of games we have to pay X amount of money. And from what I have heard is that his next game will be that game, and this would make sense for his lack of gametime.

On the otherhand this could be pure shi1te, and don't ask me for links because I heard it from a mate who knows a sick amount about Aston Villa.

I've heard that the reason Bent hasn't been playing for us is that one of the clauses (from joining Sunderland) is that if he plays X amount of games we have to pay X amount of money. And from what I have heard is that his next game will be that game' date=' and this would make sense for his lack of gametime.

On the otherhand this could be pure shi1te, and don't ask me for links because I heard it from a mate who knows a sick amount about Aston Villa.[/quote']

I've heard it too. It has been mentioned a lot, so much that I'm actually believing it o.o I think that would really explain PL completely overlooking him. Bent can be useless on the field but he still possesses some technical skill with the ball. It's really puzzling that he's completely left out.

There's also the theory that PL just wants to force him out to cut wages.

Will we be able to offload him this window?

Liverpool have Sturridge now and Fulham has supposedly denied interest. :/

Dont have to much to shout about at the moment :o

Happy with the win mind you.

Nothing on transfer front apart from rumours' date=' and were not in the top 4 so who cares about us boys :o:eek: always gonna be quiet.[/quote']

The timing of today's win is a welcome thing. I really like the Villa project so I'm pretty happy you guys got through today!

Bent played today and also got on score sheet. If the rumors about that certain clause is correct' date=' he should have not play right? Or is it only trigger it in the league match?

Bent and Benteke up front can certainly gives you lot chances to stay up this season.[/quote']

Im unsure but to be honest Im not sure if I believe the whole clause rumour. Baffling certainly but Bent at times has looked disinterested, and went b1tching to the media. Bent on form and Benteke would be a great partnership.

Nice to have Bent nicking a goal.

Weimann has been amazing this season.

Very nice to see Bent on the score sheet. Hopefully we bring a player in capable of getting the best out of Bent.

Andi has been top class, cant ever question his work ethic or desire and the quality is improving quickly

Certainly is' date=' win against Bradford, a new signing (heres hoping for 2) before the Southampton game and we could be in such a better position.[/quote']

I really hope it changes for you. Bradford will be such a tough game but you should go through.

What players have you been linked with?

Im unsure but to be honest Im not sure if I believe the whole clause rumour. Baffling certainly but Bent at times has looked disinterested' date=' and went b1tching to the media. Bent on form and Benteke would be a great partnership.[/quote']

Yeah, it have been many rumors regarding Bent so far. At one point I heard he was dropped due to going shopping at Birmingham. :eek:

lol. I can only laugh. Hit and hope deflected straight through to their striker. We will win this if we continue like this though.

Bannan is vastly overrated.... he does nothing for 5-6 games and then looks slightly better... Drag the idjiit off.... we need a new CM and CB by the looks of it, the team just looks fragile as wet paper!!