Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Goal was laughable. Bennett pushed over but nothing given (Agbonlahor got pinged just now for exactly the same thing), then a massive deflection straight into the path of their striker five yards out. Couldn't miss.

Am quite glad though that the commentators made a big deal of the linesman getting the offside right (which it was) as I think refs and linesman should get more credit for getting big decisions correct.

Comedy goal aside, we've been dominant. Duke saved very well from Agbonlahor whilst I think we could have done better with a couple of other attempts. Can see us scoring at least one which I think will be enough going to the Park.

Oh and N'Zogbia is even worse than I remembered. Get rid of him.

UTV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Wow wow wow. How we didn't score 5 or more in that game!

Honestly so disappointed, however I believe we will turn it around. Still 100% behind Lambert and will continue to be so, however all the fickle fans posting ''Lambert out'' etc really get on my nerves, they just dont understand we are a club in transition, miracles won't happen over night.

I know you won't think it now but losing this will be the wake up call your team' date=' manager and board need badly.[/quote']

They already know, there's just no money about.

I'm really worried at how poor our defending was tonight over anything else. I'm confident of still going through on the basis that we can't defend that badly again vs the same team in a weeks time. For City's second goal, I couldn't even tell who was supposed to be marking their player the marking was so bad.

We could have scored four or five, Matt Duke was outstanding, to our detriment. Like I say, still confident of going through though.

Haven't seen any 'Lambert out' posts and long may it continue that way. Getting rid of him would be naive, stupid, hugely detrimental and shortsighted. Sacking a new manager is the last thing we need

I dont understand who the people who want Lambert out would like as a replacement ?

I swear some people presume a new man should walk in and everything will be fine.

Were screwed right now, our best players this season have all been his signings bar Weimann and if you count Guzan as his signing.

Says alot about our squad doesnt it.

Cost cutting and wage reduction is nearly done (apart from Dunne, Warnock, Ireland, Hutton and Zog), Randy got his billion for the cleveland browns and he simply put has to protect his investment. I would be shocked if we didnt buy well this January.

Id also be furious and devastated. :o

I dont understand who the people who want Lambert out would like as a replacement ?

I swear some people presume a new man should walk in and everything will be fine.

I think it would only get worse if Lambert was sacked. Changing managers left, right and center especially when there is not many available solves nothing.

I think it would only get worse if Lambert was sacked. Changing managers left' date=' right and center especially when there is not many available solves nothing.[/quote']

Even if there was plenty of options I genuinely believe in Lambert and his qualities. I wouldnt want anyone else. I trust him :o

But your completely right, it was cause chaos if he was to be sacked. He wont though.

Id want him even if we went down... gulp :(

12m bid turned down for Coutinho according to a 'trusted' Italian journo apparently. Can't see him coming now Sneijder is going but that would be one hell of a pick me up wouldn't it? Even if he's not what we need right now really.

Would love to see them try to convince him to give up the luxuries of Italy for Birmingham...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D103038&act=url

They already know' date=' there's just no money about.

[/quote']

It's not really a question of having no money, it's just Randy pussyfooting around not wanting to spend money because understandbly there are reservations because how we've wasted money before. Think this is a wake up call and he might start panic buying like he did with Darren Bent

CB, LB (Bennett is really, really awful, Stevens isn't the best and Lichaj is a RB), Ball winning midfielder, and Coutinho (yeah right) would be a good window

12m bid turned down for Coutinho according to a 'trusted' Italian journo apparently. Can't see him coming now Sneijder is going but that would be one hell of a pick me up wouldn't it? Even if he's not what we need right now really.

Would love to see them try to convince him to give up the luxuries of Italy for Birmingham...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D103038&act=url

Sky are saying that fee has been agrees for Coutinho :confused: can't see it happening personally.

Sneijder would never happen. We wouldn't be able to pay his wages and he's off I turkey supposedly, to Galatasaray.

I think it would be a great signal of intent if we did buy someone of this ilk.

Its far from being a priority mind you, a DM and another AM (If Countinho doesnt) has to come in, in my opinion. None of our midfield are up to it bar Westwood and we cant rely on him at this point in his career. Yes, Bannan can have the odd good game. I like him but he just isnt consistently good enough to justify his inclusion, Delph is not a premiere league player and KEA is only ever going to be a squad player. Its painful watching our midfield over run every game.

Need a CB and Id like that Cavanda from Lazio that were linked with. Another Belgium and could play both RB/LB. Big improvement on Lichaj and Bennet. I think Bennet will eventually come good for us though, im trying not to judge him to much he is young, never bought in to be the finished article and had a injury which didnt help.

I dont think Sneijders situation will affect whether or not they let Coutinho go, im just speculating here but if the money is good enough, the will accept regardless.

I agree Hewigi, hegot zero value for money in recent years and he has found out the hard way, I think he wanted to cut costs before investing again, I can understand but he aint half gone about it brutally. Mind you if some of the signings we have made recently played well we would be a lot better of. If Lambert can spend 10 million on a player like Coutinho, with other glaring weaknesses in the team I reckon we have a fairly big budget to play with this January B)

Just wanted to point out quickly how many of the Arsenal lot have come on here and laughed for losing against Bradford?

Funny when Arsenal lose to them everyone comes and trolls our thread.

Didn't see Ruggermad post on the Arsenal thread when Bradford beat you ;)

Not rubbing it in as they have beaten us. Just saying what goes around comes around :)

Just wanted to point out quickly how many of the Arsenal lot have come on here and laughed for losing against Bradford?

Not rubbing it in as they have beaten us. Just saying what goes around comes around :)

They still have 90 minutes to turn it round though...

They still have 90 minutes to turn it round though...

Did I say that they didn't?

I said they lost which they did 3-1.

I only wanted them to have a small little taster of what it is like to lose to a team and then have random other club fans come in and rub it in.

And even then I never once said haha or omg you are rubbish etc... I said what goes around comes around.

They didnt come in and mock us because you also lost to them. You cant take the mick if your club went out to them.

The very fact you came in and posted that, along with what goes around comes around means your indeed trying to take the mick. Then claiming not to........

Im all for talking about the good bits and bad points about my club and dont get butt hurt like some when people think negatively about Villa. If someone wants to slate us consistently, so be it. I just think they are a pleb.

Not being funny mate but Arsenal getting best by Bradford is a bit different than Villa getting beat. Also we're not happy with where we are but we're also realistic. To be in a major semi final with th squad we've got is an achievement in itself.

Also aside from shambolic defending we played much better than you did and we haven't lost the tie. We have an away goal so need to beat them two nil at Villa Park.

Last point, dunno why I'd post on the Arsenal thread after Bradford beat Villa, it'd be completely irrelevant.

Actually LOL!

I can say one thing which wasn't even rude and you can take an offence. I pointed out a straight up fact, that you lot do come to the Arsenal thread and post a load of negative comments. Week in and week out for months and months.

I say one thing and then I get called a pleb?

Please!... Look in the mirror, we lost to them and so did you.

Karma works in great ways just like this.

I am sure you can still qualify, no doubt about that. I was clearly pointing out that no one comes here and rubs things in when you lose, so why do you do it to Arsenal?

Until you can understand that very simple statement then there is no need to comment.

I remind you again for those who fail to read. I never slated Villa in anyway. Go back and read the post if you must. Every time you lot come in and talk about how poorly our club is being run or playing etc...This is the first time I have ever posted on this thread and look at the response. Comical to be honest.