• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Not a comparison, but Tekkers has created 24 chances this season, the same as Messi. He is massive for us at the moment, with better players around him, and as he develops he could be unbelievable for us.

I thought he missed a few good chances the other night at Bradford, that one save from Duke was class, from his diving header. Im sure he will be as disappointed as I am that he missed :(

Few more tweets suggesting Dale Stephens deal is a step close to being complete.

Football_Consultant1 ‏@Football_Consu1

Villa have moved a step closer to securing a deal for Dale Stephens.A lot of haggling has taken place,but a firm bid has now been made.#avfc

I hope it is, at this rate I just want someone in.

VillaTalk may be the most depressing place in the world right now. People slitting wrists left right and centre.

Yes' date=' Jack was in the year below me at school (and actually thinking about it, helped me get trials) and I am decent friends with Steven's best mate + and his baby mumma.[/quote']

Nice, I am good friends with a lad who has played a few times for Tranmere like but that's about it:o

and I knew the Coutinho thing was too good to be true' date=' we've released some sort of statement that we're bemused by the link and we were never interested haha. back to the likes of Dale Stephens then...world class.[/quote']

you referring to the article in sky sports? its nothing official pal. or has something else been released recently?

you referring to the article in sky sports? its nothing official pal. or has something else been released recently?

Yeah the Sky sports one. Also that Italian bloke Tancredi Palmeri saying now Inter want to deffinitely keep him. Think it's just agents thinking we're a good team so they link us with him, so Inter make their mind up if they want to keep him or not

Yeah the Sky sports one. Also that Italian bloke Tancredi Palmeri saying now Inter want to deffinitely keep him. Think it's just agents thinking we're a good team so they link us with him' date=' so Inter make their mind up if they want to keep him or not[/quote']

Meh, I never thought we would get him, I hoped though :P Although more people are suggesting we went for him than not. So damn hard to know whats the truth these days in football, I dont understand how people can have conflicting reports. We either did bid, or didnt. Someones telling porkies :P

Oh Roncrete is back for saints :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-aston-villa-injury-news-789647

Does talking indirectly to Heskey through his wife on twitter count? Lol

Why on earth was you speaking to Heskeys wife ? :eek:

Out of interest would any of you bring back Hutton, Warnock and Dunne to the starting 11?

Also Lambert confirmed in a press conference he is definitely looking for a new CB and a DM

Meh' date=' I never thought we would get him, I hoped though :P Although more people are suggesting we went for him than not. So damn hard to know whats the truth these days in football, I dont understand how people can have conflicting reports. We either did bid, or didnt. Someones telling porkies :P

Oh Roncrete is back for saints :D :D :D :D :D :D

[url']http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-aston-villa-injury-news-789647[/url]

Out of interest would any of you bring back Hutton, Warnock and Dunne to the starting 11?

Also Lambert confirmed in a press conference he is definitely looking for a new CB and a DM

VLAAAAAAAAAAAR Oh gosh finally.

Solid defender who gives his all and experienced enough to command the back line. :D

Does talking indirectly to Heskey through his wife on twitter count? Lol

Given the discussion on the Arsenal thread at the moment. It got me wondering would of you rather won the Carling Cup, or qualified for CL, when we put up a fight for two thirds of the season ? However unlikely it was, just humour me.

Its a toughy both would of been amazing, been able to watch CL games at Villa Park, but I cant help but lean towards CC. As a fan I want to see Villa win, anything ! I understand the benefits CL could bring but how good would it be to see Villa lift a trophy? Its been far to long, can barely remember the last time :P

It genuinely would though. I was heartbroken when we lost to United in the League Cup

This, when we got beat in the Final in 09 I was absolutely devastated. Even worse last year loosing in the Semi to Liverpool. Makes it even worse that we went ahead in both game :( In my lifetime my team, Everton have only won one trophy and I was 1 when we won it so I don't remember it. I don't even know what I would do if we won something:p

The most annoying thing about losing to United in that final? They hardly looked bothered at the end. They were just like ''meh just another cup'' when we would have gone absolutely mental.

Tell you what if we get to the final, and somehow win and Petrov lifts the trophy, I might just cry real tears, and not be ashamed in doing so

Out of interest would any of you bring back Hutton' date=' Warnock and Dunne to the starting 11?

Also Lambert confirmed in a press conference he is definitely looking for a new CB and a DM[/quote']

Think I was asking her if Emile would ever sign up to twitter and she asked him and he said no...we're practically best mates now..

I wouldn't, I know we need experience, but Warnock and Hutton were that bad! Not bothered about Dunne, he was never atrocious, but I don't think Vlaar and Dunne would really work, we need someone with a bit of pace if we're gonna have too quite slow CB's

Given the discussion on the Arsenal thread at the moment. It got me wondering would of you rather won the Carling Cup' date=' or qualified for CL, when we put up a fight for two thirds of the season ? However unlikely it was, just humour me.

Its a toughy both would of been amazing, been able to watch CL games at Villa Park, but I cant help but lean towards CC. As a fan I want to see Villa win, anything ! I understand the benefits CL could bring but how good would it be to see Villa lift a trophy? Its been far to long, can barely remember the last time :P[/quote']

Champions League for me, I said it in another thread, the amount of money we get for it would enable us to improve the squad tenfold, and make it bigger. That would lead to us being able to compete on all fronts and having a bigger chance of winning more cups in the future, not just one every now and again if we're lucky