• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Relegation Zone. Will Lambert stay until the end of the season?

What do you fans think about your manager? Do you back him?

Thanks for that, didn't know we were! Yes, he better. Wheres there any sense in getting rid of him? He's a manager with a long term plan, getting rid of him will ruin everything done since he took over.

Back him 100%, just need a few players in this window, we will pull through.

Nigel Adkins is a pleb. Saying it wasn't a dive but moving out of the way. Jog on. Ricky Lambert as well. Jay Rodriguez should be ashamed of himself.

Did they have the benefit of replays before responding? Rodriguez was clearly mouthing "I didn't dive" on the field so it might be a case of them believing their own players.

On initial viewing it did look like a foul. Nothing to be proud of but it was a superb dive.

Well, what a truly horrendous day for football.

Cheated out of the game. Horrific diving antics aside, the game was open but we did more than enough not to lose. Big punts into space were really causing our defense issues! I dont think we looked good but we really should of, and could of scored.

In the build up to the Penalty we could of cleared it to. Such a wounder.

For the first time I am genuinely concerned by Lerners ownership. I always understood why he went about cost cutting but there has to be a line, I just hope he proves me wrong this January.

Did they have the benefit of replays before responding? Rodriguez was clearly mouthing "I didn't dive" on the field so it might be a case of them believing their own players.

On initial viewing it did look like a foul. Nothing to be proud of but it was a superb dive.

Hard to tell. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Don't know where the next win is coming from :( This is the most certain I've been of relegation in the last 3 seasons

and if the lower league signings continue it's just planning ahead

Nor can I mate. :o

I dont mind buying from the lower leagues if they are good enough, I just feel we need a slightly older head in, someone who has proven themselves and not bought because of their potential.

Baggies game is gonna be huge. Always is, but even more so. That being said, I think they are missing Jacob and Mulumbu so although they will probably walk all over our mincing midfield still, losing those two is always a bonus. Signings badly needed before that game.

When you see players of Diame and Sissoko's ilk going for 3.5m when we're probably going to end up paying somewhere near that amount for Dale Stephens' date=' I feel like giving up Lol[/quote']

It is quite disappointing thinking of it like that but Lerner clearly has his mind set on wages. Stephens would obviously command less in wages than those two. That being said were losing Dunne, if not this month end of the season. Undoubtedlty whatever happens Bent and most probably Ireland will be shipped come summer, Warnock will probably be off to. If we manage to sell Given that got to be around 250k a week of the budget, with no big earners remaining. We will lose these players, which i dont care about ( can throw Hutton in there too), knowing that I hope he is prepared to offer some decent wages when Lambert wants him too.

Yeah I did see that somewhere. It wont crumble, and hopefully we sustain the network Henke started if he does indeed go.

It says alot when im pinning my hopes on a Daily Mail article lol :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261891/Aston-Villa-transfer-latest-Randy-Lerner-ready-invest.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lerner ready to spend .... I hope.

The Telegraph also reporting that Lerner has decided to invest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9799055/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-to-be-handed-funds-to-avoid-relegation-fight-following-defeat-to-Southampton.html

Getting Robbie Keane back on loan would be a good move but I think your most worrying thing is defence.

I think someone like Buttner on loan would be good as your left side looked so vulnerable against Southampton.

Yeah Lichaj just aint up to it and Bennett so far has looked out of his depth, although with him Im willing to give another season.

We have issues all over the shop mate :P

A DM and a LB would go a long way to helping us.

But someone who can keep the ball a little better and has a little creativity would go a hel of a long way.

Yeah Lichaj just aint up to it and Bennett so far has looked out of his depth' date=' although with him Im willing to give another season.

We have issues all over the shop mate :P

A DM and a LB would go a long way to helping us.

But someone who can keep the ball a little better and has a little creativity would go a hel of a long way.[/quote']

Buttner LB, Keane creativity annnnnnddd Reo-Coker for DM - I'm still a fan of him :o

I also think Vlaar needs to be back and get Ireland back in too.

Linked with a dutch 17 year old from Willem... I think. A striker, not sure how highly thought of he is. :o .

Obviously not the answer to our problems this season but cant complain about trying to bring young talented players to the team, to hopefully develop a little further with us and want to do well for us.

Mainly came on here to discuss links to Dragovic of Basel. Is he a CB who can play LB?

Vaguely remember him impressing against United a while back but other than media reports dont know much about him. If indeed he is promising id welcome him, irrespective of his age. He is austrian so hopefully Andi can have a word :P