Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Jeroen Lumu. Sounds promising.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11906/8396653/Aston-Villa-and-Fulham-are-chasing-Willem-II-hot-shot-Jeroen-Lumu

When I saw the word "Willem" my mind jumped to Jetro Willems :P And I got so hyped over nothing. :o

That said, Wolves had a bid on him rejected and the club are unwilling to let him go this window. :/

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Haha I have Lumu in all of my SM teams...

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick Been told there's nothing imminent transfer wise at #avfc (But I have got the day off tomorrow, so that's when these things usually happen!)

Hope slowly drifting away. It's like the season's finished and there's no urgency from the serious threat of relegation

I reckon signings will be made post Bradford game. I would of liked signings in for the Baggies game but aslong as we get them in ill be happy.

Jesus could you imagine if we signed no one :eek::eek:

I'm imagining it now. It's like, we hold out till summer then start spending big O.o

Assuming we hold out till summer. :P

If the sources are true that Lambert has 10 mil to spend, he'll no doubt want to make the most out of it, so I can see him waiting till deadline day whereby there will be clubs panic selling. Players with expiring contracts (Arshavin, Hangelaand and M.Sissoko to name a few). Would have any of them at Villa!

Theres been talk of us making a move for Sissoko, who we could get for near 3 mil due to his contract expiring in June. Would run naked into a police station if we got hime, but I can see him going to Marseile..

What ever happened to Dale Stevens?! Why hasn't he signed yet?! I also believe Lambert will bring players in after the Bradford match, it'd be a nice sales pitch too... Full house, buzzing atmosphere etc, pretend as if its like that every game.

However, I don't believe we can leave transfers much later than this tbh, with vital games ahead in Jan, we need new fella's in! Can't afford to throw points away, especially with all fellow relegation candidates pulling off results, it just adds to the pressure.

If it came to it, and we kept Dunne

Warnock Ireland etc.. which is likely, do you think we should play them? I'd be happy to see Dunne play for sure, and Warnock too if he pulls the finger out.

However, I despise Nzog.

Where did you get the 10 million fee from ?

In reality thats nothing! Id be fuming if thats we have, although how angry I would be depends on the quality coming in.

I thought if sources were to be believed we have a healthy amount of investment!

Its all very quiet though, I dont believe for one second were not in for people, I just think we are being very secretive about it. Always have been with Lerner.

I reckon we would pay wages of 50k if players offered re sale value. Every big contract we have handed out bar Young & Downing, are to players with no resale value.

Arshavin has none, so i doubt :o

Where did you get the 10 million fee from ?

In reality thats nothing! Id be fuming if thats we have' date=' although how angry I would be depends on the quality coming in.

I thought if sources were to be believed we have a healthy amount of investment!

Its all very quiet though, I dont believe for one second were not in for people, I just think we are being very secretive about it. Always have been with Lerner.

I reckon we would pay wages of 50k if players offered re sale value. Every big contract we have handed out bar Young & Downing, are to players with no resale value.

Arshavin has none, so i doubt :o[/quote']

Saw it in a few papers, on phone atm but ill dig it up later, probably pure sh1te.

Villa making a last minute bid to bring in Dereck Boateng. Fulham had a bid accepted earlier. Interesting' date=' a bit injury prone but everything you need in a player, an experienced defensive midfielder.[/quote']

Would like us to get him in, would be pretty cheap and experienced, would help the younger one's along too!!

Lowton is just a fantastic player, I really do think if we claw through this season we will reap the rewards next season. Commentator on ESPN put it perfect.

Benteke you are a god, rapid turn, devastating finish. What a legend!

Shame on the scummy Brum fans booing us on Stans 19th minute. No need.

Zog playing well and Gabby scoring?! Am I dreaming

Zogs been getting back, working hard and creating chances, had a chance himself there but tried to walk it in, apart from that I've been impressed with him.

I just worry that if Brum score the nerves will creep in! Benteke has to be the best target man ever, just doesn't get shoved off the ball, makes big defenders look small and is quick too. Honestly I worship him.

We simply have to score first, and quick. We need the crowd behind us 100% and scoring within say, twenty minutes should help achieve that. Should we score first and get the place absolutely rocking then I think we'll be alright.

Good attacking team as well. Hope Bannan has a good game as when he does, we tend to play well collectively.

UTV