• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I'm embarrassed. So embarrassed. We should have murdered them. Over two legs as well. We had 180 minutes to score more than a League Two side.

No one showed any fight tonight, none whatsoever. Team is riddled with individual errors (the 45 seconds leading up to their goal was almost comical), and no shape to the team at all.

Can't say I'm surprised one bit, but it doesn't take away any of the embarrassment. We have the hallmarks of a team going down. I just hope that teams around us become worse than we are.

"There's only one Paul Lambert"... Thank god for that. No shape to your team at all. All Bratford had to do is keep their shape and see the game out. And Weimann not starting is a ridiculous decision.

Pretty unfair toward Lambert tbh.

He is still working with most of the tosh that Villa have signed over the past 3 seasons.

Yes things aren't great but were it not for the likes of Vlaar and Benteke then Villa would be bottom.

Lambert needs a bit of time and a bit of money and I think he can get Villa back to a mid-table team in the next couple of seasons.

I think Lambert screwed up last night. You were well on top until they scored when he chucked strikers on and you lost all the service to the front line. You'd have stood a better chance sticking with the initial game plan at least until the real final stages IMO as it seemed to be working well, particularly in the first half.

I do feel sorry for him though. Slated in the league for playing young, inexperienced players and he gives the high paid stars a go against Bradford and they do that! Your best players were your youngsters too in Lowton, Bennett, Benteke and Weimann.

All in all, I'm not sure what the upside is :o You definitely need reinforcements in January.

Odds are against us to win tonight's cup tie. Millwall 7/5 Villa 2/1 Draw 13/5.

Wow.

Weren't the odds also slightly against you in the 2nd leg against Bradford?

I know they had a 2 goal lead but with 90 mins left to play you would have thought that the bookies perception would be Villa 'should' do it.

Wow we are just pure tosh at this stage, obviously we were missing benteke tonight, who could have put a shift in vs tu, however Bent didn't get near him.

Couldn't find a link so I listened to the match on the radio, and we were dominated, and lacked any fight by the sounds of it. Also Bent played s**t, don't be fooled by his goal, it was a miss-kick. We need a LB and a DM more than anything, and Dunne to get back into the team.

I can only see us going down as it stands unless we have a serious U-turn or bring in some new faces, which I doubt will happen.

Oh, and yet another goal conceded from a corner. Sick joke at this stage, Lambert please sort it! We need to be in the EPL! Lerner get you're finger out and splash some cash you absolute gobe.

This club is such a joke. Lerner cut far too much and too fast. I'm usually a positive one but can't see us staying up.

Agreed. He has to cut wages and stuff. That's understandable. But he pulled the plug on spending too quick. If reports are true, he refuses to sign experienced players because of the wages, but we can't always be scouring lower leagues. :/

Agreed. He has to cut wages and stuff. That's understandable. But he pulled the plug on spending too quick. If reports are true' date=' he refuses to sign experienced players because of the wages, but we can't always be scouring lower leagues. :/[/quote']

Add to the fact the Lower League Players have been told not to move to us as they will have the pressure of being our "saviours".... We are a mess...:(

I just don't know what to say. Horrible first half, never the less, showed a lot of fight in the second half but just didn't have it in us.

I really, really believe we will go down if we don't bring in a new CM. Loan or permanent I don't give a toss, just need SOMEONE!!! Bannan has zero confidence and just doesn't have enough talent.

Feel really upset after watching us miss out on what would have been a great game to pick so points up, with such rough fixtures coming up.

Everyone around us is spending yet we have done shag all, deadline day miracles are needed lads! I've even read were taking Malouda on loan..?! Surely not?

Mr.Adamski, what's you're opinion of our current situation, haven't heard from you on this thread for a while.