• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Mr.Adamski' date=' what's you're opinion of our current situation, haven't heard from you on this thread for a while.[/quote']

Dont really know where to start fella. Been a little busy recently and when I did come on here I didnt fancy talking doom and gloom on here... so just stayed away :P.

There are murmurings here and there from Journos and others that we may have a fairly busy day tomorrow. Im hoping they are true, we need a DM and I have no idea if Sylla is any good but im delighted that we may be signing someone... anyone will do :P

The most frustrating thing is that it seems we have been waiting for shift Warnock, Hutton and Bent before making any incoming transfers, I feel that we could be in the league cup final and maybe have four more points on the board if signings were made earlier.

Its awful being a villa fan right now, I do not want Lambert to leave or be sacked, he has made mistakes dont get me wrong but I have more than enough faith in him. Lerner however great of a chairman he was initially need to seriously pull his finger out and give us a little to play with or sell up. I dont see why he isnt trying to protect his investment, surely if we go down ( which I think we will .... :( :( ) he will lose millions.

I went to the Bradford game ... wow.

First half we werent playing great but we were controlling the game and creating half chances, second half jesus christ that was woeful.

We should of drew yesterday, simple as! We just keep on shooting ourselves in the foot, we have a tough fixture list, with Tottenham being the only club in the top 6 we have played twice.

Apparently Yacouba Sylla has passed a Medical at Villa..... :o We might be signing someone.. :P French CDM... 22 years old so fits with Lamberts strategy... Also Unknown!!!

Apparently its done :S

No idea who he is, or how good he is.

But its getting to a stage now where I just want anyone in :P

That being said he is a DM, tara Bannan !!!! Cannot be doing with your pss poor tackles, passes and performances.

Apparently Yacouba Sylla has passed a Medical at Villa..... :o We might be signing someone.. :P French CDM... 22 years old so fits with Lamberts strategy... Also Unknown!!!
Apparently its done :S

No idea who he is' date=' or how good he is.

But its getting to a stage now where I just want anyone in :P

That being said he is a DM, tara Bannan !!!! Cannot be doing with your pss poor tackles, passes and performances.[/quote']

Sounds like a nice addition to the team. Finally getting someone in. Unknown, but if Lambert thinks he fits into the plans, why not? I'm just happy we're finally attempting to fix a problem with the squad. Whether or not we'll start performing better remains to be seen. (I do hope we do) But at least they're doing something about it. :o

The most frustrating thing is that it seems we have been waiting for shift Warnock' date=' Hutton and Bent before making any incoming transfers[/quote']

Good point. Never really occurred to me but it does make sense that they would want to raise funds by offloading them before bringing new players in.

Backfired though. Now we're so lost in the market and with only a few hours left I think Sylla will be all we're going to get. :(

Hopefully he turns out to be a real gem like Benteke. :)

Unknown but thank god he's a DM, surprised there are still any French players left in France after Newcastle's spending spree. Anyway, fingers crossed Lambert drops Bannan.

Been rumours all day that there could even be or two or more. Numerous journos close to the club have said we were after a CB.

If they bring a CB in, along with a midfielder be in AM or a W who can run at people and take them on we would twice as good as we have been all season.

No one other than gabby (who in fairness, has his good moments but more often than not runs like a headless chicken ... a fast one though) and more recently Zog ( who is picking up form as of late, hopefully it continues because he is the kind of player who could pull the nails out of our prem coffin) are actually prepared to run at players, take someone on, run into space. You cant win games without players doing this, we just dont have the players to knock it around the opposition we need someone who will drive into space.

Hello,

First of all let me say I am not here with the intention of putting the cat among the pigeons my name is also not important and I do not wise to disclose my position at Aston Villa football club but believe me I have that position and I have something to say. Behind the scenes at Aston Villa is a 'mess', senior members of the Aston Villa board are not happy. Randy Lerner as we speak is venturing into a new project in the United States which involves motor sport. Randy has also been left VERY depressed by his documented divorce with his wife Lara some have even mentioned a mid life crisis. Things are not been run well at Aston Villa Randy has done too much too soon and has gone against people's wishes at the club and has not appointed anybody with a knowledge for the game to help him. We at the club do not know weather he is about to put the club up for sale or not, yes he is trying to build a club sustainable by its own revenue but he is willing to do it by relegating Aston Villa from the EPL. When they truth comes out about his new sports venture in the US I want you all to remember this message posted here as this is the one and only time I will post. Senior members of the board and of the playing staff are not happy with watching one of England's oldest and historic clubs slip into obscurity. Doug Ellis sold this club to Randy and everyone thought the dark days of Ellis were behind, Ellis was as much apart of this as Randy was, he allowed him to take complete control of the club knowing that Randy wanted to put several hundred slot machines in and around the stadium so people would spend money gambling at half time. I can promise fans of this club that members of the board and staff do not want this to happen to this club but Randy Lerner has to go ASAP before things get worse.

Thank you all for listening as I said I will not post again and just wait and see if I have told the truth. Randy is planning on purchasing a racing car company in the United States before this summer is over.

A post made on a Villa forum.

Would be interesting if things turn out like this. We need to sell.

I agree with the principle of cost cutting but this is crazy. :(

I dont think its true by the way, few to many grammar and spelling mistakes for what should be a really important post! Im just saying imagine if it turns out to be true.

A post made on a Villa forum.

Would be interesting if things turn out like this. We need to sell.

I agree with the principle of cost cutting but this is crazy. :(

I dont think its true by the way' date=' few to many grammar and spelling mistakes for what should be a really important post! Im just saying imagine if it turns out to be true.[/quote']

The grammar was rather painful to read. :( Perhaps it was to cover up the fact that it really is the truth? :eek:

Well if Lerner goes, maybe a rich Arab would buy us :P

The grammar was rather painful to read. :( Perhaps it was to cover up the fact that it really is the truth? :eek:

Well if Lerner goes' date=' maybe a rich Arab would buy us :P[/quote']

Part of me hopes it is true, because if not for interests in other places why on earth would you do what he has done!

I was "ok" with what Lerner was doing on the premise we would invest correctly this January. It didnt happen.

Every week seems like a nail in the coffin. I cannot believe we lost to saints at home because of that diving twt rodriguez, drew to baggies after being 2 up, lost to Newcastle when we could / should of nicked a draw ( how bad were we first half :eek::eek: ) and then draw against Everton after being 3-1 up with 20 mins to go.

Im going west ham next week. Should be horrendous.

If that's true about Lerner then he is a disgrace. I feel so sorry for Lambert. You can see the pain he feels when ye don't get the result needed. Have to say Benteke and Weimann are brilliant. I honestly think if ye survive and buy older experienced players to mix with the youth, the club could become a force like it was under O'Neill.

Lord above

When is the next piece of good news going to come out of the Park? I'd be glad if Lerner sold tomorrow, even though it wouldn't in theory help on the footballing side in terms of new signings, the place needs something to lift it. Anything at all.

I was clinging onto the idea that a few January signings would provide said lift. Those didn't materialise.

As each week goes by it just seems to get worse and worse.