Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Magic J

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Yeah it did' date=' Never gonna happen though is it lol !

Carew would of been a good signing there is better players out there, but that doesnt mean they will be better signings if ya get what i mean :)[/quote']

I get what you mean. I would have liked to have seen some of the reactions of the Villa fans if we did buy Carew from you, lol :P .

Who do you think is better, Crouch or Carew?

I get what you mean. I would have liked to have seen some of the reactions of the Villa fans if we did buy Carew from you' date=' lol :P .

Who do you think is better, Crouch or Carew?[/quote']

Carew, by a country Mile, when he is fit, and on form, by god he is unplayable. Got a few niggling injuries last season. I really really rate him.

I would of been more sad than angry if Carew went, Barry is just a liar, thats why i was so annoyed with him. Obviously, id be a tad frustrated and angry but no where near the amount Barry got me going lol

Carew' date=' by a country Mile, when he is fit, and on form, by god he is unplayable. Got a few niggling injuries last season. I really really rate him.

I would of been more sad than angry if Carew went, Barry is just a liar, thats why i was so annoyed with him. Obviously, id be a tad frustrated and angry but no where near the amount Barry got me going lol[/quote']

I would say Crouch. I think he is possibly the best or one of the best target men in England, on his day. He is hard for defenders to mark out of games, and he often works hard and keeps trying, I think.

I thought United might have targeted Young as a replacement for Ronaldo, I think he is better than Valencia, he has got more potential and I don't think he'd cost a great deal more.

Adam, I'm only asking, but, what starting 11 would you like to see Villa line up with next season (that is realistic)?

Guest 1CapWonder

Adam pal, as much as I love Carew (as a person, and as a player) he's not quite up there with Crouch. I feel sorry for Crouchy, he was ridiculed by our own fans when he played here, and that means he's not going to come back here in a hurry. Johnny Carew is a fans favourite. Really nice guy and I'm glad he's in our squad, but as strong as he is and as you said on his day he is unplayable, I just don't see enough of it.

He is turning into a goalscorer though. He can be anomalous yet pop up and strike a ball from no where, but I honestly think his fitness levels are not up to scratch and he's extremely lazy. I mean for a big man you want him playing down the middle, but Carew doesn't move!!! He'll always be a bit of a hero here but he's not quite the player people make him out to be.

id say crouch is much better than carew who can do something spectacular or not do anything at all.

adam, dont you think barry deserves his move to city? he has been at villa for 12 years and now deserves a move to a club with more potential than aston villa. (no disrespect but villa cannot compete with city with wages, budgets).

hardly a judas in my eyes, and all villa fans should wish him look as he looks for a new challenge. the way villa just lay down and died in the last part of the season wouldnt of helped either.

huddlestone is a great player, saw his potential very early on at derby, i dare say spurs have hinded his progress as a player which is why he should have stayed with us longer.

bentley would be a good signing, he's still a top quality player and if villa got him playing he'd be a match winner and probably be one of the first names on the team sheat.

Like you just said Man city have a bigger budget and Villa couldnt match them in wages, so his transfer was all about money, that's what's upsetting most fans

Me included.

Huddlestone would be a great addition if it comes off.

Guest 1CapWonder

id say crouch is much better than carew who can do something spectacular or not do anything at all.

adam' date=' dont you think barry deserves his move to city? he has been at villa for 12 years and now deserves a move to a club with more potential than aston villa. (no disrespect but villa cannot compete with city with wages, budgets).

hardly a judas in my eyes, and all villa fans should wish him look as he looks for a new challenge. the way villa just lay down and died in the last part of the season wouldnt of helped either.

huddlestone is a great player, saw his potential very early on at derby, i dare say spurs have hinded his progress as a player which is why he should have stayed with us longer.

bentley would be a good signing, he's still a top quality player and if villa got him playing he'd be a match winner and probably be one of the first names on the team sheat.[/quote']

You don't know what it's like Mousey. Your not a Villa fan. We worshipped Barry almost here, at least the younger of us did. He went about his football the right way and he was a model professional. He came out and said the wrong things at the wrong time last summer, asking to go to Liverpool. Villa fans were frustrated then but we forgave him. Then he came out and said he would only leave Villa for Champions League Football. For christ sake we were lied to and he made a fool of our football club. City aren't even in the Champions League I don't care what money he's on, he's realising his dreams of big houses and cars rather than European football.

Now Barry has left, from the eye of others it seems as though we have made a backwards step. We will not be able to attract the same kinds of players, if our best player wants to go to a club that is not even europe, instead of playing for us. That does not look good. He will now try and help City knock us out of the top 6 next year. Thanks for that Gareth, thanks a lot. Fuc*in Judas.

As for Huddlestone, as good a player he is (and the way he pings a football is tremendous) we don't need another player like him. We need someone who can get forward from midfield and support in front. Players like Petrov and Nige and Craig can sit in front of the back 4, we need a Scott Brown or someone like that, to add more creativity and energy to our midfield.

Deffour is the latest player to be linked with us, His agent has said that both Liverpool and Aston Villa are after him, and he would relish an opportunity to play for either club.

I have said from January we need a AM, someone who has flair, and creaitivity, and can play through the middle as he can do this. I really hope this materialises.

Reo Coker as much as i like him, should be off, it seems he will be offered to Tottenham ( as harry is keen on him ) in a player plus cash deal for either one or a number of Spurs players that include: Bentley ( who apparently is in dicussions with us ), Jenas + Huddlestone.

I definately want Bentley, and i think i would prefer Jenas, as much as i used to hate him he is a good player and i think Oneil could get the best out of him

Arsenal have now signed Vermalen, so that player is officially removed of the CB shortlist, i still think we will sign two defenders. I just have no idea who, i wanted a big signing, someone to replace Laursen and someone youger, with some potential to be a great player, maybe a replacement for Young one day. David Wheater is under intense speculation, i wouldnt mind signing him to be honest. Still think we would need someone else a bit older though, Davies and Wheater is a great young partnership but lacks real eperience.

Barcelona have also declared interest in young and are rumoured to bid 25 million pounds for the winger. Im not sure how accurate this is, thats alot of money but another blow we could simply not handle. If it did happen, we would need all the cash generated from the sale of players and Lerner to dig deep. Or face falling behind the pack.

I still want and we really need another striker. Got no idea who he will go for though after PSG star Hoarau signed a new deal. It could be Dindane from Lens although im not to keen.

I epect alot of transfers to be surrounding Villa park this season, hopefully they all pay of :)

Opening against Wigan isnt to bad either

If you sign Bentley wher eis he going to play? I've always said that I see him as an attacking midfielder so hopefully he'd start there are Milner would stay on the right. I asked becuase I'm sure I remember a couple of Villa fans saying they'd like to see Milner in the middle.

1cap, i no what your saying and coming from a fan of a club who's player of the year usually leaves the season he wins the award (barring hulse) i no what its like.

but he isnt a judas imo. yes the money would be nice and i think everyone would take the money if they had the chance. im not meaning to offend by saying this but city have alot more potential than villa. villa are a brilliant club and i hope they do well but more players of high class will go to eastlands because of the future they look like having.

good luck in the new season, i hope u get defour. wud love to see him in the prem.

im sorry but he is a lieing Judas.

I never begrudged him a move to a team with Champions League, i mean Liverpool and Arsenal at one point wanted him.

He said he would only leave Aston Villa for a team in the champions league.

Now did he move to a team with CL ?

No.

He moved to City. He lied to the fans, he is a Judas.

Deffour is the latest player to be linked with us' date=' His agent has said that both Liverpool and Aston Villa are after him, and he would relish an opportunity to play for either club.

I have said from January we need a AM, someone who has flair, and creaitivity, and can play through the middle as he can do this. I really hope this materialises.

Reo Coker as much as i like him, should be off, it seems he will be offered to Tottenham ( as harry is keen on him ) in a player plus cash deal for either one or a number of Spurs players that include: Bentley ( who apparently is in dicussions with us ), Jenas + Huddlestone.

I definately want Bentley, and i think i would prefer Jenas, as much as i used to hate him he is a good player and i think Oneil could get the best out of him

Arsenal have now signed Vermalen, so that player is officially removed of the CB shortlist, i still think we will sign two defenders. I just have no idea who, i wanted a big signing, someone to replace Laursen and someone youger, with some potential to be a great player, maybe a replacement for Young one day. David Wheater is under intense speculation, i wouldnt mind signing him to be honest. Still think we would need someone else a bit older though, Davies and Wheater is a great young partnership but lacks real eperience.

Barcelona have also declared interest in young and are rumoured to bid 25 million pounds for the winger. Im not sure how accurate this is, thats alot of money but another blow we could simply not handle. If it did happen, we would need all the cash generated from the sale of players and Lerner to dig deep. Or face falling behind the pack.

I still want and we really need another striker. Got no idea who he will go for though after PSG star Hoarau signed a new deal. It could be Dindane from Lens although im not to keen.

I epect alot of transfers to be surrounding Villa park this season, hopefully they all pay of :)

Opening against Wigan isnt to bad either[/quote']

I can't see why you rate Bentley so high he hasn't played a game in about 4-5 months and when he does he never produces, he's even lost his ability to put in a set-piece, plus he plays in Milners position so one of them would have to play somewhere their not used to.

I can't see why you rate Bentley so high he hasn't played a game in about 4-5 months and when he does he never produces' date=' he's even lost his ability to put in a set-piece, plus he plays in Milners position so one of them would have to play somewhere their not used to.[/quote']

Bentley has had a torrid time at Tottenham, and i seem to remember him playing amazing behind the striker at Blackburn when he was last on form, Spurs pushed him out to the right, from memory he sometimes played wide but was often found drifting in.

Iv always liked him. and i think Oneil could really get the best out of him. Also with our horrific schedule, Milner can not physically ply every game if he is to avoid another drop in form which the whole team suffered last year due to out small squad.

Bentley has had a torrid time at Tottenham' date=' and i seem to remember him playing amazing behind the striker at Blackburn when he was last on form, Spurs pushed him out to the right, from memory he sometimes played wide but was often found drifting in.

Iv always liked him. and i think Oneil could really get the best out of him. Also with our horrific schedule, Milner can not physically ply every game if he is to avoid another drop in form which the whole team suffered last year due to out small squad.[/quote']

Yeah in terms of numbers he would definitly come in handy. Which is why losing Barry your best player is so frustrating i imagine.

he is not a judas, he left aston villa. where too is irrelevant apart from if it was to a rival like brum. people change there minds over the course of a season, that doesnt make them a judas. villa collapsed like something from ikea at the end of the season so in my opinion they can only blame themselves.

he gave his services to your club for 12 years and this is the way he's being treated after moving to a club with more potential. id be annoyed if miles addison left but i wouldnt call him a judas because football is a buisness.

he is not a judas' date=' he left aston villa. where too is irrelevant apart from if it was to a rival like brum. people change there minds over the course of a season, that doesnt make them a judas. villa collapsed like something from ikea at the end of the season so in my opinion they can only blame themselves.

he gave his services to your club for 12 years and this is the way he's being treated after moving to a club with more potential. id be annoyed if miles addison left but i wouldnt call him a judas because football is a buisness.[/quote']

He lied, its simple, he said he would ONLY leave for CL. I fail to understand why you cant understand my point, not actually agreeing just understanding.

i do understand what your saying. and yes it isnt right for him to say one thing and do another. but didnt he say that at the start of the season? he cant live and die by a statement he made at the start of the season.

you have to see where barry is coming from though, he's seen that city have developed well over the season and expected to develop further in the new season and he wants to be a part of that. he's gonna have more instant success with city than villa imo and its not like he's getting any younger.

he is not a judas' date=' he left aston villa. where too is irrelevant apart from if it was to a rival like brum. people change there minds over the course of a season, that doesnt make them a judas. villa collapsed like something from ikea at the end of the season so in my opinion they can only blame themselves.

he gave his services to your club for 12 years and this is the way he's being treated after moving to a club with more potential. id be annoyed if miles addison left but i wouldnt call him a judas because football is a buisness.[/quote']

I was a bit disappointed that he left Aston Villa for Man City. But when you said about them not selling to Brum, they have done so in the past. Ridgewell, Chris Sutton. Luke Moore went to West Brom from Aston Villa.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Sorry, but I really don't like the way the word 'Judas' is getting bandied about now.

The definition of the word is:

One who betrays another under the guise of friendship.

Alright, Gareth Barry can't be given an award for his honesty, but he has been an excellent servant for Aston Villa over the years, never giving less than 100% for the club. That can't be said for a number of players that have been at Villa over the years. Bosko Balaban, Matthieu Berson and Saša Ćurčić all have been expensive flops, yet Gareth Barry cost nothing but gave much more to the club than those ever did.

Maybe he wanted to go to an ambitious club that have got money to challenge the big 4 (no offence !).

As I don't support the club, I've probably got this wrong on a big scale. I apologise if I have offended you.

Could you stop getting on your high horse . . . . . . . . . .

Its a word with many variations and this imo can be applied. What do you mean you dont like how its being used, last time i heard it was in the Bible when i went to my schools church service over 12 years ago :confused::rolleyes:.

Its a villa thread not Oxford dictionary !

Ill say what i want and not have people trying to ridicule my opinion, offer a different opinion yes. I understand you apologised prior to my response, but yes its offensive.

Barry lied, why didnt he just say he will give it one more year, and discuss his option then not "I will only leave Aston Villa if they fail to qualify for CL for a club in the champions league"

Regards to your definition, it can be applied as so.

Barry was acting Loyal to the club ( the fans appreciated this and so continued to regard him highly and not begrudge him a move to a bigger team with CL ). Thats this situations form of Friendship, as Barry was acting some what friendly and loyal to the club.

He then Betrayed the fans, the chairman, the manager the players by moving to a team without CL.

so, Barry is a Judas.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Could you stop getting on your high horse . . . . . . . . . .

I wasn't getting on my high horse - just stating my opinion. What is the point of a forum where you can't give your opinion ?

Ill say what i want and not have people trying to ridicule my opinion' date='

[/quote']

That is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard from you. How was I trying to ridicule you ? If there is one thing that gets my goat, it is people talking bull and lying. If you're going to try and be credible, at least make sure you have your facts right. ;)

but yes its offensive.

I don't give a rat's rectum whether you think it is offensive or not. The big world has a tendency to be offensive. The sooner you realise that the better.

I didn't know giving my 2 cents got people so riled up.

I wasn't getting on my high horse - just stating my opinion. What is the point of a forum where you can't give your opinion ?

Sorry when did i EVER state' date=' i do not wish to here your opinion or tell you not to speak to me ?

Infact i said: [b']"offer a different opinion yes. I understand you apologised prior to my response[/b]"

You was getting on your high horse being very patronising and sarcastic by posting a definition, which i DIDNT ask for nor did anyone else, nor did it have any relevancy to thread as everyone grasps the understanding of the word. You was trying to be clever . . . . and i refuse to accept any other explanation you say.

That is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard from you. How was I trying to ridicule you ? If there is one thing that gets my goat' date=' it is people talking bull and lying. If you're going to try and be credible, at least make sure you have your facts right. ;) [/quote']

You was trying belittle me by giving a defintion of the adjective i was using to describe Barry, in my eyes. As if my comparison or use of the word was not relevant. Thats how . . . .

I don't give a rat's rectum whether you think it is offensive or not. The big world has a tendency to be offensive. The sooner you realise that the better.

Says the man who said " I apologise if i offend you"

Im 21' date=' at University living away from home, i'm not some immature idiot so i suggest you stop speaking to me in such a patronising way. I dont care if the big bad scary world out side you bedroom is offensive in your opinion, i think my world is good thankyou very much, and not offensive at all. Dont state your apologises then claim you dont care if its offensive or not, i suggest YOU get your facts right. I look forward to hearing some off topic scandolous reply from you.

I didn't know giving my 2 cents got people so riled up.

no, your two cents are welcome, but such patronising posts are not.

harrier, your not being patronising at all imo. you posted the meaning and then said why it wasnt the case for it to apply to barry. obviously adam cannot accept the fact that a great player left his club for one with more ambition and so bands about words that dont apply to him. by what you say adam, pretty much anyone who leaves there club is a judas, which is laughable.

Guest 1CapWonder

harrier' date=' your not being patronising at all imo. you posted the meaning and then said why it wasnt the case for it to apply to barry. obviously adam cannot accept the fact that a great player left his club for one with more ambition and so bands about words that dont apply to him. by what you say adam, pretty much anyone who leaves there club is a judas, which is laughable.[/quote']

Ok, I've just read through, and Mousey, you more than anyone else are getting on my nerves. We are Villa fans, you are not. I tell you what, when something happens at your club (With who did you say? Miles Addison :rolleyes:) How that is anywhere near the same I don't know. But still, I would not come onto a forum of your club and tell you how to feel about a player and tell you what you think of him is wrong. You do not follow Villa week in week out, you do not listen to Barry being interviewed week in week out and you certainly don't pay a ridiculous amount of money to go home and away. Living in Stockport, I have to make the 2 hour journey every week to chant Gareth Barry's name and to be betrayed like I have , yes BETRAYED hurts deeply. I feel Barry is a judas. As I have stated over and over again, had he left for Liverpool, a club in Champions League or FFS even a club in Europe! I would have been more understanding. I tell you what, even if he had come out and said he was going to leave Villa, then fine. I would not say what I do. But the fact he lied, and made a fool of our football club, hurts me and it will continue to hurt me. Don't tell us how to feel, because you don't feel it! I respect opinions on here, but the subject of Gareth Barry is still touchy and raw and we certainly don't need you CONTINUALLY explaining to us that we are wrong to call him a judas, and that you hate the word judas.

Thankyou...

(and when have we ever called anyone else a judas for leaving our club? bar possibly ridgewell, but even that didn't frustrate me not nearly enough as this, and tbh it's not even on the same level...)