Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Just a thought...

Giovani Dos Santos just got relegated with Mallorca. Hungry young player with a point to prove. Mexican international. Might be worth a punt. I think he's a good player personally, never really understood why he wasn't given a chance at Spurs.

Got some links with the club due to Hutton loan. I dunno.. I think it'd be a decent signing for a few million.

Just a thought...

Giovani Dos Santos just got relegated with Mallorca. Hungry young player with a point to prove. Mexican international. Might be worth a punt. I think he's a good player personally' date=' never really understood why he wasn't given a chance at Spurs.

Got some links with the club due to Hutton loan. I dunno.. I think it'd be a decent signing for a few million.[/quote']

Nah i dont seem him settling in England

Just a thought...

Giovani Dos Santos just got relegated with Mallorca. Hungry young player with a point to prove. Mexican international. Might be worth a punt. I think he's a good player personally' date=' never really understood why he wasn't given a chance at Spurs.

Got some links with the club due to Hutton loan. I dunno.. I think it'd be a decent signing for a few million.[/quote']

He was set to join an MLS team but don't really want his talent to go to waste. Aston Villa would be a great place imo. Could play behind Benteke?

Nah i dont seem him settling in England

He has a chance. Just like Vela. ;)

Just a thought...

phone Lerner.

and.. finally a left-back. Guess no Cresswell then,

Yeah' date=' but I think he will settle for a 100K salary in UAE instead

:P[/color']

If he did that, or even considered it, that alone would show he is not the type of player Lambert wants

phone Lerner.

and.. finally a left-back. Guess no Cresswell then' date='[/quote']

By all accounts we're on the verge of signing Luna from Sevilla. Don't know much about him but on the face of it, a 22 year old with La Liga experience is decent business

Things seem to have gone a bit quiet RE Helenius. Haven't heard anything from the club about him so assume it's not been tied up yet.

If he did that' date=' or even considered it, that alone would show he is not the type of player Lambert wants

By all accounts we're on the verge of signing Luna from Sevilla. Don't know much about him but on the face of it, a 22 year old with La Liga experience is decent business

Things seem to have gone a bit quiet RE Helenius. Haven't heard anything from the club about him so assume it's not been tied up yet.[/quote']

I think you would find very few players who would turn that type of contract down

:P

I think you would find very few players who would turn that type of contract down

:P

I don't think that. Players that go there don't care for success. It just shows which players are hungry for a good career and which want big banks.

Even those that go to Anzhi/Monaco/Malaga (when they first started splashing it) at least still play in top European leagues. What's the UAE league got to offer? Jack all

We've finally completed the signing of 22 year old Nicklas Helenius on a three year deal. Club confirmation

Delighted to have another young player on our books, and one that performed well last season for his old club, Aalborg.

Suggestions now are that Lambert will sign one more player (Luke Murphy most likely - Crewe chairman said it was only a matter of when rather than if) then get some dead wood out (Ireland, Bannan, Holman etc) and then work some more using that money to pad the squad out somewhat.

We've finally completed the signing of 22 year old Nicklas Helenius on a three year deal. Club confirmation

Delighted to have another young player on our books, and one that performed well last season for his old club, Aalborg.

Suggestions now are that Lambert will sign one more player (Luke Murphy most likely - Crewe chairman said it was only a matter of when rather than if) then get some dead wood out (Ireland, Bannan, Holman etc) and then work some more using that money to pad the squad out somewhat.

Antonio Luna from Sevilla... then Jed Steer as a replacement for Given..

With Nicklas Helenius recently joining.

Could it mean Benteke might move this summer?

He's said that he wants to stay for at least one more year so I should imagine he would stay.

Worst case scenario is a bid comes in that we can't refuse. But even then, that's not gonna be less than £20m in my opinion. So worst case scenario we get £20m for him, which is alright

But rather he stayed

With Nicklas Helenius recently joining.

Could it mean Benteke might move this summer?

I do not expect Benteke to move this summer, although he may well if a monsterous bid comes in (25+).

However, Helenius is far from his replacement. For a number of reasons, firstly their playing styles are completely different, despite his frame and height Helenius is not your typical CF, like Benteke. Secondly we already needed a new striker as Bent is most likely leaving, not to mention Lambert is trying to build a squad which promotes depth and competition. if he is to leave, it won't be because Helenius has come in and we will undoubtedly have to look for a replacement.

Regarding Luna, I like his beard, so I like him B)

Rumours suggesting Holman is set to leave very soon, I like him. I mean he is a try hard and who doesn't like a tryer. That being said he lacks technical ability and so I agree that we should be moving him on.