• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I reckon its true that footie fans are fickle, just lost most of my respect i had for Benteke, especially for refusing to go on tour.

I doubt Gabby, Weimann or Helenius has the presence to play as a lone striker like he did so we may see Lambert experimenting with 2 up front? But i'd like to see Gabby stay on the left flank where his pace shines

EDIT: Apparently Villa have rejected claims that Benteke refused to go to Germany..

I reckon its true that footie fans are fickle' date=' just lost most of my respect i had for Benteke, especially for refusing to go on tour.

I doubt Gabby, Weimann or Helenius has the presence to play as a lone striker like he did so we may see Lambert experimenting with 2 up front? But i'd like to see Gabby stay on the left flank where his pace shines

EDIT: Apparently Villa have rejected claims that Benteke refused to go to Germany..[/quote']

I just read that he was given extra time off until the 18th of July, hence why he's not on tour.

I think this is an incredibly naive decision and am cheesed off big time, but I will always be grateful for what he did this last season because let's face it, without him we'd be playing in the Championship next season

I just read that he was given extra time off until the 18th of July' date=' hence why he's not on tour.

I think this is an incredibly naive decision and am cheesed off big time, but I will always be grateful for what he did this last season because let's face it, without him we'd be playing in the Championship next season[/quote']

Thats my stance on it too.

I would not of begrudged a move next season, I would of understood if he went this season, admittedly very disappointed but to hand in a transfer request :/

Thats my stance on it too.

I would not of begrudged a move next season' date=' I would of understood if he went this season, admittedly very disappointed but to hand in a transfer request :/[/quote']

IMO he's bang out of order to hand in a transfer request. After just one season?! Especially with the World Cup following this season he's taken a big risk. And a club would be taking a risk buying as he would cost probably £25m because Villa don't need to sell. Paying £25m for a player who has only performed for one season is a gamble no doubt. So I ask the question, why hand in a transfer request? He must have a club lined up who are ready to make an offer.

IMO he's bang out of order to hand in a transfer request. After just one season?! Especially with the World Cup following this season he's taken a big risk. And a club would be taking a risk buying as he would cost probably £25m because Villa don't need to sell. Paying £25m for a player who has only performed for one season is a gamble no doubt. So I ask the question' date=' why hand in a transfer request? He must have a club lined up who are ready to make an offer.[/quote']

You would think so, I mean there have been no bids for him and all of a sudden he asks to leave. I wouldnt be shocked if he has been contacted.

I dont want him to go to a premiership club. If any, I want him to go to Chelsea because I love Mourinho. Simple as that!

Plus a cheeky cash + Lukaku on loan deal wouldnt be to shabby!

I dont think a loan is a solution for you,you need to build for the future not for a season,suppose he scores 20+ goals like Tekkers and you end up at 16th again which you wont ofcourse casue of other signings,you would get nothing,its better you get 25m for him and find a striker who will be committed and plays for the shirt,someone like mmm..anelka? :P

You would think so' date=' I mean there have been no bids for him and all of a sudden he asks to leave. I wouldnt be shocked if he has been contacted.

I dont want him to go to a premiership club. If any, I want him to go to Chelsea because I love Mourinho. Simple as that!

Plus a cheeky cash + Lukaku on loan deal wouldnt be to shabby![/quote']

Unfortunately I've got a feeling it's a premiership club as the other foreign teams I thought would go for him have already bought strikers. Atletico have bought David Villa and Dortmund have bought Aubemeyang and Lewandowski's staying for another year.

But which Premiership club is it? Maybe Spurs? But would Benteke risk handing in a transfer request for a club not even in the Champions League? You would think he handed a transfer request because a Champions League club has contacted him. I think maybe Chelsea but is he a whole lot better than Lukaku? They both also play a similar game. So I got no clue to be honest :confused:

Unfortunately I've got a feeling it's a premiership club as the other foreign teams I thought would go for him have already bought strikers. Atletico have bought David Villa and Dortmund have bought Aubemeyang and Lewandowski's staying for another year.

But which Premiership club is it? Maybe Spurs? But would Benteke risk handing in a transfer request for a club not even in the Champions League? You would think he handed a transfer request because a Champions League club has contacted him. I think maybe Chelsea but is he a whole lot better than Lukaku? They both also play a similar game. So I got no clue to be honest :confused:

thats what I think he has thought..

If I wont score much goals in the next season my demand will drop that is sky high at the moment so its the best time to move...Spurs have contacted him,he thinks that atleast its a step up for him from Villa

I really dont think for him, or us its the best time for him to move.

In regards to a loan I would only want a loan if it was Chelsea, and Lukaku ( hypothetically ofcourse im just humouring myself ).

Yes were building something but bringing in Lukaku would be great and with Bent leaving I would expect a permanent replacement for Benteke to be brought in with the cash they would offer.

I think it would be a poor career choice for him to go to Spurs, I geuinely believe in this player and he will be a champions league player, 100% he should go to a Champs League team.

I suspect and think its probably Chelsea.

thats what I think he has thought..

If I wont score much goals in the next season my demand will drop that is sky high at the moment so its the best time to move...Spurs have contacted him' date='he thinks that atleast its a step up for him from Villa[/quote']

Yeah he's probably thinking "I've had to work super hard to score 19 goals in the league with this team". As Villa doesn't create as much goal scoring chances as say the top 6 teams. He knows he will have to work even harder to score near that amount with Villa this season as opposing teams will respect him more and will know what he's capable of. So perhaps he feels it's best to move now. Personally I think it's wrong but that's how football is now :(

I really dont think for him' date=' or us its the best time for him to move.

In regards to a loan I would only want a loan if it was Chelsea, and Lukaku ( hypothetically ofcourse im just humouring myself ).

Yes were building something but bringing in Lukaku would be great and with Bent leaving I would expect a permanent replacement for Benteke to be brought in with the cash they would offer.

I think it would be a poor career choice for him to go to Spurs, I geuinely believe in this player and he will be a champions league player, 100% he should go to a Champs League team.

I suspect and think its probably Chelsea.[/quote']

When you see as just a general without considering the players both teams have in any position,its chelsea cause they are in CL but they've got Torres and Lukaku so it wont be a wise move to splash the cash on another striker.

I disagree,he would be great for one season only,short term soution,I know its just speculations from you but any loan replacement for Benteke wont be wise IMO

Disagree again,Spurs have a fine crop of players in the form of Vert,Dembele,Bale,Walker,Paulinho and cant see that move turning into a bad one cause if they sign Benteke and he clicks they will probably get CL which they have been dying for.

When you see as just a general without considering the players both teams have in any position' date='its chelsea cause they are in CL but they've got Torres and Lukaku so it wont be a wise move to splash the cash on another striker.

I disagree,he would be great for one season only,short term soution,I know its just speculations from you but any loan replacement for Benteke wont be wise IMO

Disagree again,Spurs have a fine crop of players in the form of Vert,Dembele,Bale,Walker,Paulinho and cant see that move turning into a bad one cause if they sign Benteke and he clicks they will probably get CL which they have been dying for.[/quote']

How can you disagree with Lukaku coming and using the money to buy a replacement also. Whats to disagree with?? We get Lukaku proven and invest in a long term replacement too?

Torres is 100% not in the long term plans of Chelsea, think about it.

The current top four are better positioned to finish in champs, Spurs are a great side but they arent quite up to the rests standard yet

How can you disagree with Lukaku coming and using the money to buy a replacement also. Whats to disagree with?? We get Lukaku proven and invest in a long term replacement too?

Torres is 100% not in the long term plans of Chelsea' date=' think about it.

The current top four are better positioned to finish in champs, Spurs are a great side but they arent quite up to the rests standard yet[/quote']

mate you dont always get players like Benteke,you get the money you buy another prospect and he scores 20 goals in his debut season,isnt easy is it? ;)

Ba?

they atleast have a side to compete for a top 4.

mate you dont always get players like Benteke' date='you get the money you buy another prospect and he scores 20 goals in his debut season,isnt easy is it? ;)

Ba?

they atleast have a side to compete for a top 4.[/quote']

Im slightly confused about what your point is regarding this hypothetical situation re lukaku mate.

I was muting a cash ( a substantial amount at that) + loan option for Lukaku. We use the cash to bring in a replacement for Benteke and we get Lukaku too. Thats perfect. Not gonna happen anyway!

and Ba is in the long term plans of Chelsea? Nothing but a bit part player.

Certainly do, but there is still a gap to be bridged. :)

Im slightly confused about what your point is regarding this hypothetical situation re lukaku mate.

I was muting a cash ( a substantial amount at that) + loan option for Lukaku. We use the cash to bring in a replacement for Benteke and we get Lukaku too. Thats perfect. Not gonna happen anyway!

and Ba is in the long term plans of Chelsea? Nothing but a bit part player.

Certainly do' date=' but there is still a gap to be bridged. :)[/quote']

Course this isnt happening but what I am trying to suggest is that is it that easy to find Benteke's replacement with a player equal to his quality,he is special you just cant go to the market with the cash you got from his(Benteke's) sale and buy another Benteke...

Course this isnt happening but what I am trying to suggest is that is it that easy to find Benteke's replacement with a player equal to his quality' date='he is special you just cant go to the market with the cash you got from his(Benteke's) sale and buy another Benteke...[/quote']

Who on earth suggested you could? :D

I'm off to bed :P

If you want to get into the top 10' date='you need to get a replacement of Benteke who can fill the massive void perfectly.[/quote']

Undoubtedly but with our current additions we have already improved and any Cash from Beneteke will hopefully bring in a good goalscorer ( not necessarily to the same standard ) and help invest in other areas of the pitch :)

He isnt saying you didnt created chances but obviously they were less then any top 5 team...

That was going to be my response haha. As Sky Sports showed, from all the Premier League club's top scorers, Benteke had the highest percentage of his club's goals. 40% of Aston Villa's league goals came from Benteke.

I think it may well be Tottenham as they probably can't afford to buy Paulinho for £17m and Benteke for over £25m without selling Bale. So perhaps they suggested to Benteke to hand in a transfer request in hope they could land him for somewhere closer to the £20m mark. (Just a thought) But I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Chelsea.

P.S. I forgot to mention Villa have bought Helenius already, perhaps they hope he can do a Benteke :D

That was going to be my response haha. As Sky Sports showed' date=' from all the Premier League club's top scorers, Benteke had the highest percentage of his club's goals. 40% of Aston Villa's league goals came from Benteke.

I think it may well be Tottenham as they probably can't afford to buy Paulinho for £17m and Benteke for over £25m without selling Bale. So perhaps they suggested to Benteke to hand in a transfer request in hope they could land him for somewhere closer to the £20m mark. (Just a thought) But I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Chelsea.

P.S. I forgot to mention Villa have bought Helenius already, perhaps they hope he can do a Benteke :D[/quote']

I hope Okore can do a nastasic as well :P

agree,its the two of them that will land Benteke..mmm Tekkers in a chelsea shirt..not bad :D

Undoubtedly but with our current additions we have already improved and any Cash from Beneteke will hopefully bring in a good goalscorer ( not necessarily to the same standard ) and help invest in other areas of the pitch :)

Certainly it will but I would rather take all the cash and buy two good players with that plus you dont need that much cash if you offload that rubbish you have plus that TV deal as well

I hope Okore can do a nastasic as well :P

agree' date='its the two of them that will land Benteke..mmm Tekkers in a chelsea shirt..not bad :D

Certainly it will but I would rather take all the cash and buy two good players with that plus you dont need that much cash if you offload that rubbish you have plus that TV deal as well[/quote']

Jordan Rhodes and Scott Sinclair? Completely random haha