Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Very sad to have heard this earlier. However I will not wish broken limbs upon him like some of our ridicules fans on Villa Talk. He is a legend and without him last season we would be in the Championship. He was always going to leave and you would have to be blind not to see that.

My only concern is we will only re-invest 10 million of the 25 and Lerner will pocket the rest.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Very sad to have heard this earlier. However I will not wish broken limbs upon him like some of our ridicules fans on Villa Talk. He is a legend and without him last season we would be in the Championship. He was always going to leave and you would have to be blind not to see that.

My only concern is we will only re-invest 10 million of the 25 and Lerner will pocket the rest.

I think if Lerner did that Lambert would bloody walk!

Im avoiding VT for a while lol, completely pointless going on there at the moment.

I love the bloke still, for what he did. Pleasure to watch and just a shame this has happened.

I'm sorry I don't understand this idea that Benteke should not face any stick. :confused:

His point is he's not gonna wish injury upon Benteke like some fans do on players who have left (RVP for Arsenal) as it's pathetic and medieval.

I agree with him.

Of course that would be wrong, you shouldn't wish injury upon any player regardless of whether they played for your club, BCFC or any club around the world. However, that doesn't mean Benteke shouldn't be criticized for his transfer request. He only played for Villa for one season and now he's handing in a transfer request?

It's another thing when a club comes in and offer £25m for Benteke and he leaves. But to submit a transfer request means the player hasn't thought about the interests of the club.

Of course that would be wrong' date=' you shouldn't wish injury upon any player regardless of whether they played for your club, BCFC or any club around the world. However, that doesn't mean Benteke shouldn't be criticized for his transfer request. He only played for Villa for one season and now he's handing in a transfer request?

It's another thing when a club comes in and offer £25m for Benteke and he leaves. But to submit a transfer request means the player hasn't thought about the interests of the club.[/quote']

It's disappointing yes but I don't see the point.

I'd rather stand by my club than bad mouth a player that kept our club in the PL almost single handedly.

It's disappointing yes but I don't see the point.

I'd rather stand by my club than bad mouth a player that kept our club in the PL almost single handedly.

I understand what your saying, as bad mouthing him won't change the situation. But just because he helped keep the club up doesn't mean he should be entitled to move. It's his job, he gets paid to perform at his best. I'm guessing he gets paid around £20k a week, he receives 100% of his pay from the club so he should be performing at 100%.

Your right without his performances Villa would be relegated. But if he struggled to perform in the Premier League and Villa were relegated, it's most likely no one would want to buy him anyway. It's his duty to Villa who are paying him good (much more than he was earning at Genk) to expect him to help keep them up. He should be honoring the faith put in him by Aston Villa and Paul Lambert by taking a punt on him at deadline day last summer. At the very least he shouldn't be handing in a transfer request.

Rumours being banded about tonight of Chelsea willing to offer £20m + Demba Ba.

Undecided on how I feel about that. Decent money plus a proven PL goal scorer, but I'm not convinced Ba would put all the effort into running back and working for the team like Lambert likes. Wages also an obvious stumbling block.

Found this on VillaTalk, literally one of the funniest things I have ever read on a football forum;

Gotta laugh at Spuds, delusional average team, player swaps they have offered - hilarious. they just dont get it do they. they are an aging team we are a young growing team, if they splash the cash for CB then they will have no money to replace the overpaid pensioners, they are a team who will be in decline, a mid table team average at best. They need to sell Bale really, if not now then next year to finance a new squad. If CB can not see this then he deserves them. Put it this way, even after the last season I would rather be us than them, if PL can get rid of the rest of the big earners then we really will be going places. Spuds are where we were 4 years ago, they will have to go through a bit of what we have had, it may not be as bad but it will be a downturn in fortunes.

Obvious display of bitterness. :)

Everyone team gets them mucka. Admittedly not as much as Liverpool who have a whole dedicated twitter account to show these numpties up! :P:D

Some of its true though, Levy is off his rocker if he thinks he can pass of one of your casts off and some cash for him.

EDIT: You just having a butchers or did you sign up

Obvious display of bitterness. :)

Everyone team gets them mucka. Admittedly not as much as Liverpool who have a whole dedicated twitter account to show these numpties up! :P:D

Some of its true though' date=' Levy is off his rocker if he thinks he can pass of one of your casts off and some cash for him.

EDIT: You just having a butchers or did you sign up[/quote']

Butchers, not particularly interested in posting on other teams forums. I get banned on our ones, god knows what would happen on other teams forums :D

True with the bitterness though. Everyone loves a bit of RAWK Meltdown!

I can see why he would go to spurs but the thing is they have to stump up the cash... (Apparently the club has said no exchanges, no Money after appearances.. Just the full amount up front or no sale..)

Offering us Assou-Ekotto, Parker and Huddlestone is like saying.... Yes we will buy your Ferrarri from you.... for a lesser price than you want and in return we will give you a Fiat Punto. -_-

No disrespect to those players.. (Especially Parker as he's a very good player) But Aston Villa are a club now who have changed tactic from the MON days of signing established BPL players like Collins, Dunne, Given and taking player exchanges like Ireland and 20m for Milner... We are now looking at younger players from Europe and the lower leagues and building a team of young players who want to play for the shirt!

It might just be internet rumor but if it is true it does smack a little of big-headedness on Spurs' part...

On happier news... Helenius got a goal on his debut :)

Hopefully we can get a replacement for CB if he goes.. someone like Batshuayi, Imoh Ezekiel, Phillipp Hosiner or Alfred Finnbogason would be nice..

P/EX deals never happen in real life. However if we were willing to let Townsend or Livermore go you'd be interested. Huddlestone is off to Sunderland anyway so you can rule him out.

I maintain you won't get 25m.

I maintain* we wont sell him for anything less than 24 million, think we may give you a little wiggle room :P. Your cast offs aint welcome, we want players who want to be here and Townsend / Livemore wont want to play for the shirt, they cast offs :o

If you dont pay, we dont sell ;)

EDIT: Im confident - is perhaps better wording.