Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Really is big news, massive news!

If he isn't the one hit wonder some people suspect then I'm really looking forward to seeing Villa this season.

6 players signing contracts - Benteke, Lowton, Guzan, Baker, Westwood & Weimann.

6 new arrivals - Okore, Luna, Bacuna, Tonev, Helenius & Jed Steer.

Said it a lot last season, & ill say it again now - really have a lot of time for Lambert and what he is doing at Villa!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Did Bent confirm he was leaving today?

Well kind of yeah, to a fan who recorded the conversation on his phone.

Hardly surprising and was always going to happen.

Bannan also confirmed to the same fan he was leaving, to which his response was "oh well" hahaha.

I suspect Helenius will be involved on a fairly regular basis, if we get a CAM in though his time could be limited a little more as i suspect he would get some game time behind Benteke.

Sylla will play the vast majority of our games I suspect.

Well kind of yeah' date=' to a fan who recorded the conversation on his phone.

Hardly surprising and was always going to happen.

Bannan also confirmed to the same fan he was leaving, to which his response was "oh well" hahaha.

I suspect Helenius will be involved on a fairly regular basis, if we get a CAM in though his time could be limited a little more as i suspect he would get some game time behind Benteke.

[b']Sylla will play the vast majority of our games I suspect[/b].

Cheers, I thought as much. :)

Benteke starting tonight. You will have to let me know how he and everyone else looks. I suspect given he missed the tour he won't be too sharp

Benteke was actually pretty decent. Magnetic in the air, won literally every aerial duel. He had a few decent touches too, a couple of decent bits of skill to get away. But he wasn't on the shoulder at all, but that'll come with match fitness. He played well.

Aside from him, Delph and Gardner, we were god awful. Sylla played ok when he came on but lack of options meant he tried too hard at times. Westwood was tidy as always and spraying some nice passes about. We seemed petrified to shoot at times which was incredibly frustrating.

Our defence was a shambles though. First goal, three players ball watched as their striker went through to the bye line and second goal, our CB (couldn't see who) lost the ball as the last man and they went 1-1 with Brad.

Given our injuries and the youth that were played I can't think of any positives for PL to take from tonight.

Marco Capuano to Villa seems like one that could well be on the cards...

The source is the players twitter itself;

Last night he tweeted out "English Dream", then took it down a few hours later, then this morning he tweeted this,

Marco Capuano ‏@MarcoCapuano14 25m

good morning to everyone especially to English friends who have started following me!

In which a villa fan replied;

rich smith ‏@rsmiffy2009 21m

@MarcoCapuano14 you coming to villa?

His response??

@rsmiffy2009 yet nothing concrete but I'd love to! the dream is related to that!

Get in nice to wake up to that on a Friday! 3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

I've never heard of him. Can anyone provide any information apart from he's a defender from Pescara?

He played in 26 matches for Pescara last season (although they got relegated). He's an Italian u21 international. His preferred position is at CB.

Doesnt look like he will be staying in the Serie B either way, he is being chased by a few Serie A clubs too - pretty highly regarded in all due respect.

He played in 26 matches for Pescara last season (although they got relegated). He's an Italian u21 international. His preferred position is at CB.

Doesnt look like he will be staying in the Serie B either way' date=' he is being chased by a few Serie A clubs too - pretty highly regarded in all due respect.[/quote']

In that case, I hope we do get him :P

So I went to Luton/cesspit to watch one of the worst games of football I've ever seen and us lose 2-0 to a non league team.

And currently we're 4-1 up on Crewe. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Great turnout there though. Over 1700 Villains there! Good to see Tekkers amongst the goals too. Hat trick so far. Weimann with the other

So I went to Luton/cesspit to watch one of the worst games of football I've ever seen and us lose 2-0 to a non league team.

And currently we're 4-1 up on Crewe. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Great turnout there though. Over 1700 Villains there! Good to see Tekkers amongst the goals too. Hat trick so far. Weimann with the other

Watched on AVTV' date=' Bacuna looks particularly useful in midfield or at right back. Great strike for his goal.[/color']