Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

So HT.

Took a while for Villa to get into it, more down to Liverpool's efficiency it feels though.

Massive fan of Gabby, always positive. Benteke was poor until his turn and shot. Still feel you can get a goal, may be the pace of Weimann or Gabby that makes it happen though, unless Benteke steps up and produces some magic.

Shame really, but too come out of these three games with three points is good. Just wanted to grab a point today really. Shocking first 40 cost us. Liverpool were good for their lead.

We are definitely a better team than last season. Progression is there to see.

Feel some what unlucky not to get a draw but just one of them.

Is Bacuna will be mainly used as utility man this season?

Thought you are dreadful in the first half,but then you dominate the second half too. In the other days,Benteke would bury those chances he get. This team will only get better when the new signings gel more

Frustrated we haven't got anything from the Chelsea or Liverpool games considering how well we played in both game but three points from the week we've had is very pleasing for me. Especially when you consider how well we've done in all three games, I think we should do well against some of the 'lesser' sides. We've played three of the top six (in my opinion) teams in the league and we've come out in a very commendable position in my eyes so I'm happy overall.

As Magic said, you can see we're a better team than last year. Top ten this year should be our goal, and off the back of pre season and these three games, I'd say that's very achievable.

UTV

Lamberts interview suggest there could be arrivals and departures before monday. lets frigging hope so.

What do you guys think you need?

I think a cover RB as Bacuna I think was brought there or can play there but I dont think he is good enough.

A different type of central midfielder , Someone that has a bit more of a attacking threat someone who can make incisive passes more so.

Maybe a winger as well but you have a fair few already :P

I wont go into who I think should leave as that is stating the obvious :P

Must state I really like Villa as my dad was a fan and I think their a massive club and besides you guys dont talk a load of cobblers like some on the arsenal thread :P

The priority for me is an AM who can unlock defences with his passes. A playmaker.

We have plenty of dynamic, quick forwards and midfielders who will run at players and full backs who like to cross.

However we lack a true play maker. For me this is the number one priority.

Needs to happen, especially when were at home when teams dont tend to attack us as much as if we were playing at their place, and when our counter attacking can run riot.

Confirmed by Matt Kendrick and Bannans Instagram :P That he is having a medical at Crystal Palace today.

Best for all parties if he leaves.

Also, apparently we have agreed a fee for Kozak of Lazio. Big strong striker, fee rumoured to be around 6-9 million Euros, with far more outlets reporting the 9 million figure.

If we pay that, which is around what, £7.5 million id be disappointed we were put of by the 10 million asking fee for Kiyotake. Far more integral to our development than competition for Beneteke. Saying that though that kind of fee suggets he will have a role, maybe getting in a replacement for Benteke already, get him up to scratch with the EPL and our play before chucking him in at the deepend, who knows.

What I do know is, if we dont sign a AM i will be some what disappointed.

Crystal Palace reportedly in for Bannan.

Please leave.

What happened to him?

Always thought he looked a very handy player with good left peg. Lasting memory of him is destroying us in a reserve game few years ago.

Big fan of the job Lambert has done with you even if it came at the cost of Wigan's relegation:(

Stephen Ireland currently at Stoke. Please please take him. Counting on Mark Hughes to go to his past and chuck lots of money at average players.

As am I buddy.

Only a matter of time before Libor Kozak is unveiled as an #avfc player, I think. Just finalising the finer details at the Heath of Bodymoor

— Mat Kendrick (@MatKendrick) September 2, 2013

Looks like we have signed him then.

Now for the love of god lambo get us a AM

What happened to him?

Always thought he looked a very handy player with good left peg. Lasting memory of him is destroying us in a reserve game few years ago.

Big fan of the job Lambert has done with you even if it came at the cost of Wigan's relegation:(

He's just not good enough for the premier league really. More a championships year' date=' and a good one at that. Just not for us.

As am I buddy.

Only a matter of time before Libor Kozak is unveiled as an #avfc player, I think. Just finalising the finer details at the Heath of Bodymoor

— Mat Kendrick (@MatKendrick) September 2, 2013

Looks like we have signed him then.

Now for the love of god lambo get us a AM

Go get Viktor Fischer :D