Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

What happened to him?

Always thought he looked a very handy player with good left peg. Lasting memory of him is destroying us at Old Trafford in a reserve game few years ago.

Big fan of the job Lambert has done with you even if it came at the cost of Wigan's relegation:(

A number of things mate.

Played in the wrong position, few niggling injuries and not to much game time due to poor form.

But most of all he pretty much lost it in the head, loves a drink by all accounts (Scottish..... :P), got done for drink driving and for some reason he always attempts the holly wood ball. Now im talking a high % of his passes are attempted killer passes, which never come off. His attitude has just got worse and worse and its at the point of no return.

I used to think he had a shout of being a solid premiere league player but his time at Villa is up. Apparently on 20k a week some how, after doing nothing.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

He's just not good enough for the premier league really. More a championships year' date=' and a good one at that. Just not for us.

Go get Viktor Fischer :D[/quote']

If we dont sign a AM, Im going to be peeved.

By all accounts it was due to the amount of money they were asking for targets but we are seemingly about to ***** 7 million on a back up to Beneeke lol. Very rarely will we see two up top in a 4-4-2 so i think its safe to presume he wont be a regular this season (maybe a replacement for Benteke when he does leave... thats gonna be a awful day).

Like I said, we are potentially ridding ourselves of Bannan, Ireland and Given today. The fonz and a few others have also been loaned out, lets hope the cash being saved is put to use.

Lets all just take a second to appreciate Olof on his birthday. His beard knows no bounds and he was pretty damn awesome for us. Love the bloke.

tumblr_mbqz6tCIMG1rhwjm9o1_500.jpg

For anyone that didnt know, on his last game for us away at West Ham.

He paid for every single away fan to have a Villa shirt with his name on the back. Around 3000 I think.

Legend.

EDIT: Was 3200.

Should we be worried?

I can even tell you hes not that good :P

I reckon if he was a bit taller and stronger then he would be better as his range of passing is pretty good :) I do not think hes good enough for the PL :)

Villa again done very well signing Kosak , I heard the Lazio fans are gutted to lose him :P

Should we be worried?

I think if your relying on him for anything, then yes.

Dont get me wrong things could work out ok for him at you guys but dont expect anything.

His range of passing (technical ability) is good, his decision making is probably one of the worst Iv seen from any footballer ever. He continously goes for the hollywood pass, and im talking the spectacular and ultimately fails 9/10 times.

Because of that he gives possession away alot,due to his size he can hardly put himself about when it comesto defending. I just dont rate him,championship player at best and im just happy to have him off the books.

More for his attitude than lack of ability.

I love Gabby so so much' date=' but that has took it to a whole new level.

Disgusting that the little rodent is in that game anyway, with his customised 1D jersey.

Lambert bossed it in midfield first half :D

Great spectacle this,few old villa favourites showing up.[/quote']

The most disgusting thing is the One Direction fans on Twitter thinking the game was all about Louis. And the fact Louis is trending and Petrov isn't. Hate this generation :rolleyes:

Brought a tear to my eye when his kids ran on the pitch at the end. Was good to see Lambert on the pitch as well I must say.

Game day. Glad it's back. People are calling for Kozak to start but I don't think he should. No reason to rock the boat. Besides we never play with two big strikers and it would be harking back to the dark days of MON with Carew and Heskey.

I like how we play currently so would like us to line us as we have been doing. We're favourites for today's game with most bookies so I imagine we'll lose :o

UTV

I think we may have to adjust our tactics for home games, as y/day the 4-3-3 clearly never worked. Luna was getting no help with Ben Arfa, which proved to be our downfall.

4-4-1-1, may be better suited at home, where teams can hit us on the break, as that would provide a bit of cover defensively, while Agbonlahor or Weimann, could spring from the hole behind Benteke.

Hoping the injury to Okore isn't too serious, as he looks quite solid in defence, although I would still like to see that first clean sheet in the league for a while.

The club have just confirmed Jores Okore has ruptured his cruciate ligament in his knee and will be out for nine months. Urgh.. Is so frustrating. He's arguably the only summer signing that improved our starting XI.

Feel bad for the lad too, but it's a massive blow to the club in general.