• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Looking forward to tonight's game. As per normal' date=' some of our fans had a look on your forums and wow we were surprised.

It was arguably the funniest and most bias bits i've ever read on a football forum. Really surprised your fans are that bad.[/quote']

Which forum / thread? Iv seen some hilarious spurs ones and unitd and Liverpool and hull and Swansea and wolves etc etc

Anyway, I'm just getting into bham new street. Looking forward to the game. B)

Which forum / thread? Iv seen some hilarious spurs ones and unitd and Liverpool and hull and Swansea and wolves etc etc

Anyway' date=' I'm just getting into bham new street. Looking forward to the game. B)[/quote']

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53570&start=800

Be ready to cringe though.

Looks like we've got five at the back today. Probably won't be a game for the purists :P

It was probably meant to be a back three' date=' but the way City battered us in the first half, I'll grant you it looked more like a back five.

Different story in the second half when we took the game by the scruff of the neck, the midfield three were immense.

Heading to Hull next week, certainly looking forward to that now, as yesterdays victory should instill a huge amount of confidence in the team.

[/color']

Imagine if we grab 3 points against Hull next week too, would be a brilliant start even with that disappointing loss / performance to Newcastle. Also had the hull v west ham on yesterday. They look so poor, dont care how many points they have or if they won. They got a phantom pentalty, should of had one against them and did nothing in open play.

Im backing us for the win.

Imagine if we grab 3 points against Hull next week too' date=' would be a brilliant start even with that disappointing loss / performance to Newcastle. Also had the hull v west ham on yesterday. They look so poor, dont care how many points they have or if they won. They got a phantom pentalty, should of had one against them and did nothing in open play.

Im backing us for the win.[/quote']

Hull do look poor. They're in my bottom three this season. They don't have anything about them whatsoever and Bruce is a poor manager IMO and doesn't add much if anything to them. I'd expect us to win - but that usually means we lose :P

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd happily lose to the top six clubs if it meant we beat the other twelve/thirteen in the league and finished seventh. Football is not that black and white though. Great spirit shown by the lads too.

Yesterday was a stinker of a game but its games like those last season where we lost because we didnt keep a clean sheet. 2 in 3 games, bloody hell! :eek:

Thought we created more openings and opportunities to score than them, but they could of had two brilliant goal scoring opportunities if it wasnt for great defending by Bacuna and Vlaar.

Disappointed with the result, but a point on the road is one gained I suppose.

Two very difficult games coming up against Everton and Tottenham now. Would be over the moon if we manage to somehow get two points from those games.

Benteke will be back, aslong as he doesnt injure himself on international duty and Gabby and the others will be fully fit.

We have already played Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Chelsea and have Spurs and Everton in the next two games. Thats alot of good teams out of the way nice and early and aslong as we dont get tonked in the next two it will be a reasonable start.

Cant believe im saying this but so far Clarke has looked alright this season. :eek:

Delph once again played brilliantly, such an important player for us and is on his way to more than justifying the price tag we paid. Still young and has plenty of drive to improve.

Kozak looked a little slow, not sure he has found out his exact role in the team yet but some promising moments.

Anyone else think Weimann hasnt hit the ground running this season?

Not been bad, just not as good as I know he could be.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to tomorrow :)

Highly doubt we will be as woeful as we was in the cup, obviously we will play a stronger team too.... as will Spurs.

Tekkers to start and show them what a real 30 million pound striker looks like.

Although he may well be of the pace a little, not been involved in a game since his injury however has been training with us and Belgium.