Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Game worth watching from a neutral POV?

Hasnt been a cracker so far :o

We aint been up to much, couple half chances and a couple of opportunities that could of developed but didnt.

Spurs have been the better team without impressing me at all, Soldados movement aint up to much and looks slightly disjointed.

I suspect second half will be better though in fairness, we will open when we look to go forward. Benteke should come on too :) and obviously spurs will be able to exploit the space.

Apart the result, I was disappointed at the lack of desire we showed. We were poor in our retention of the ball and use of it.

The only good thing to come out of yesterday was to see Benteke back. Fully match for is expect him to score that header that he put over within minutes of coming on.

Frustrating as Spurs were slow and predictable. They were there for the taking

Apart the result' date=' I was disappointed at the lack of desire we showed. We were poor in our retention of the ball and use of it.

The only good thing to come out of yesterday was to see Benteke back. Fully match for is expect him to score that header that he put over within minutes of coming on.

Frustrating as Spurs were slow and predictable. They were there for the taking[/quote']

I havent been all that impressed with Spurs, i appreciate they are gelling and have had the performances but they havent looked great. Mind you, no one other than Arsenal has looked good, consistently.

I reallyhope Sylla plays. Ill be disappointed if he doesnt tbh.

I havent been all that impressed with Spurs' date=' i appreciate they are gelling and have had the performances but they havent looked great. Mind you, no one other than Arsenal has looked good, consistently.

I reallyhope Sylla plays. Ill be disappointed if he doesnt tbh.[/quote']

Neither have I. Their only shining light has been Townsend and as I've said before, the jury's still out on him for me. If both him and Lamela are in good form, Adros isn't worthy of tying Lamela's boots up. If he does this on a consistent basis then I'll be more impressed but in my eyes he's an average player having a good month.

Problem with Spurs is Soldado is getting dragged out to the wide areas as they don't have out and out wingers anymore. Then there's noone in and around the box. It then becomes very congested and predictable.

Now Benteke is back hopefully we'll have a focal point for the team to work off. Kozak hasn't shown me anything to warrant getting excited. Swap KEA out for Sylla, and then hopefully we'll be on our way more. That said we've had an incredibly tough opening set of games. Here to New Years is looking a much easier run on paper

Anyone else think Tonev looked pretty good in his last 2 cameo appearances?

Shooting less on sight, running at defenders and whipping a few good balls into the box, I think he should be given a good 3-4 game starting run in the team possibly ahead of Weimann.

I love Andi to bits but he's not doing great atm....

• 2 weeks later...

Thank god our goalless and win-less run is now over.

Started fairly well but then the game fizzled out into quite a boring affair. Only livened up once Bacuna scored that absolute worldy. What a great free kick that was.

I think Kozak is also much much better when he plays beside someone when up top, I dont think he is suited for a lone striker. He played quite well yesterday when he came on.

I think weve really missed Delph in the last two games, he has been so unbelievably good for us and is beginning to live up to what was hoped of him prior to us signing him.

Next up is a trip to the boggies, would love a win against those so much more than usual. They are starting to pipe up a little to much for my liking, got loads of baggie mates to so it would be easy ammo for me if we pick the win up.

Sit back and enjoy

10761499275_ce40c29e2b_o.gif

Bacuna.gif

• 2 weeks later...