Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

• 2 weeks later...

Quick ask.

Do any of you lot want Lambert sacked' date=' theres loads of disgruntled fans about.

I dont, I dont know what the hell they expect!!

Performances as of late havent been good, infact they have been poor but jesus christ.[/quote']

Our recent form has been terrible. I don't have unreasonable expectations for the team; I'd say a good mid-table finish i.e. 9th, 10th is perfectly possible. And we'd be sitting right there comfortably too, if we had performed better. We need to start taking points. Finishing has been poor in particular. Benteke hasn't really found his game after that injury.

But sacking Lambert would be disastrous imo. He's building a new team. New players, new playing style. It takes time. If he leaves, what do we do about our project. New manager comes in, probably change everything. We won't get anywhere in the end. And we'd have wasted a year and a half.

Unless of course we're taken over by a rich oil tycoon who starts pumping money into the club and we can now buy star players like City...

Quick ask.

Do any of you lot want Lambert sacked' date=' theres loads of disgruntled fans about.

Performances as of late havent been good, infact they have been poor but jesus christ.[/quote']

I'm incredibly worried about our form at the minute but I don't think sacking Lambert is by any means the solution. I think it's more the lack of money about the club. We need investment but there isn't the resources for it.

I can't see what sacking Lambert will do in terms of helping the club move forward and our current form.

Quick ask.

We knew it was a long term plan when Lambert took the role on, to throw that away after 18 months would be pointless.

We certainly need a playmaking midfielder in the transfer window and Vlaar has to return as soon as possible, the difference he makes to the defence is there for all to see.

Dunno about your commentators, but for Giaccherini's offside goal one of them on my feed kept on banging on about it being a harsh decision.

'He is offside but that is a very harsh decision from the assistant'

Idiot. If it's offside then it isn't a harsh decision:confused:

Up to 11th now

Dunno about your commentators' date=' but for Giaccherini's offside goal one of them on my feed kept on banging on about it being a harsh decision.

'He is offside but that is a very harsh decision from the assistant'

Idiot. If it's offside then it isn't a harsh decision:confused:

Up to 11th now[/quote']

Haha i noticed that as well. In fairness it was really unlucky but how was it harsh.

Such a relief.:o