Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Thought the defence looked much more capable with Vlaar back, his importance to us is clear to see. Thought Lowton also did well when Vlaar went off.

Benteke played decently, although clearly off the pace having missed so many games. Hopefully get another 90 minutes out of him in the cup at the weekend.

A clear improvement all over the pitch from the Swansea game. If we could just get going at home, we could perhaps be looking up the table rather than down it!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Kozak is out for the season after breaking his leg in training.

Collided with Clark (who was not at fault apparently, neither player was), was rushed to hospital in an ambulance and is set for surgery tomorrow.

Lambert was quoted as saying it is a 'bad one'.

Wish him a swift recovery. January is even more important for you now.

Kozak's broken his leg in training and will miss the rest of the season.

Some tough training you have...

Us Brummies don't muck about.

Is a massive massive blow though. Puts even more onus on Benteke finding his form again. We only really have Kozak and Benteke at CF.

He's the second major summer signing out for the majority, if not all, of the season after Jores Okore (remember him?)

Kozak is out for the season after breaking his leg in training.

Collided with Clark (who was not at fault apparently' date=' neither player was), was rushed to hospital in an ambulance and is set for surgery tomorrow.

Lambert was quoted as saying it is a 'bad one'.

Wish him a swift recovery. January is even more important for you now.[/quote']

January is difficult enough as it is. It's so inflated.

Hopefully Lambert can pull something out the bag. Hopefully Lerner will let him!

Would love to see you take Guidetti on loan. I believe he's fully fit again' date=' we need to see if he can cut it in the PL and, if he does, that's an excellent, cheap option for you.[/quote']

Would like to see him get some minutes.

Diego Milito (wages) or Toivonen would be cheap with their contracts expiring at the end of June!

Aspas would surely be available too?

Would like to see him get some minutes.

Diego Milito (wages) or Toivonen would be cheap with their contracts expiring at the end of June!

Aspas would surely be available too?

Don't think Milito would be viable.

Toivenen might be a better shout. However I suspect Lambert has a couple of strikers on his radar anyway. He tends to buy relatively unproven young players (Westwood, Lowton, Luna, Benteke etc) so I imagine he'll pluck someone from obscurity.

Don't think Lambert would go for Aspas. Not his kind of forward. I don't know too much about John Guidetti apart from he did well at Feyenoord a couple years ago.

Would be capable of playing that lone striker role that Lambert likes? If so then he does seem a good option off the face of it

He did very well at Feyenoord and has then suffered horribly with injury/illness. Had a knee problem at the start of this season and a weird flesh eating disease in his leg that had him out for about 8 months and nearly destroyed his career.

In our youth teams I believe he's tended to play as a lone CF and he's not too different in style from your current strikers. Uses his strength and likes a shot.

He did very well at Feyenoord and has then suffered horribly with injury/illness. Had a knee problem at the start of this season and a weird flesh eating disease in his leg that had him out for about 8 months and nearly destroyed his career.

In our youth teams I believe he's tended to play as a lone CF and he's not too different in style from your current strikers. Uses his strength and likes a shot.

In that case he does sound a decent option. Reckon he could leave permanently or just on loan?

Aspas is different from Guidetti / Benteke. He can't work alone, he need to pair with someone upfront that can create space for him, since he can't create one for himself.

Not to mention his first touch is horrendous, positioning is awkward, off the pace for EPL etc.

Please, take him.

I'm going to throw Jelavic or Kone in there!

If Lambert was to dive back into his fairly random league signings he wouldn't be short of options with Michy Batshuayi at the top of that list, with Finnbogason of Heerenveen & Johannsson of AZ closely behind...

Aspas is different from Guidetti / Benteke. He can't work alone' date=' he need to pair with someone upfront that can create space for him, since he can't create one for himself.

Not to mention his first touch is horrendous, positioning is awkward, off the pace for EPL etc.

Please, take him.[/quote']

You're really selling him :rolleyes:

Needs to be in a two striker system, which we don't play. Awful first touch. Bad positioning and not quick enough.

Can you get any further from the remit of an Aston Villa striker?

In that case he does sound a decent option. Reckon he could leave permanently or just on loan?

I'd hope just on loan, although he is a way down the pecking order. If he impresses on a hypothetical loan then he may be an option to step up if Dzeko leaves next summer. He did well in Holland but it is Holland.

Never really had a chance at City yet but he's still very young. Only 21, had one full season at Feyenoord and missed around 1 and a half with injury. In career terms he's still a teenager.

Just been watching a few clips (as it's so long since I or anyone's seen him play!). In the City youth teams he seems very Benteke like - using his strength to hold off defenders. At Feyenoord he looked like he often drifted out to the left to cut in and shoot.

I'd hope just on loan' date=' although he is a way down the pecking order. If he impresses on a hypothetical loan then he may be an option to step up if Dzeko leaves next summer. He did well in Holland but it is Holland.

Never really had a chance at City yet but he's still very young. Only 21, had one full season at Feyenoord and missed around 1 and a half with injury. In career terms he's still a teenager.

Just been watching a few clips (as it's so long since I or anyone's seen him play!). In the City youth teams he seems very Benteke like - using his strength to hold off defenders. At Feyenoord he looked like he often drifted out to the left to cut in and shoot.[/quote']

He sounds like he fits the bill well. Perhaps if we have a six month loan with an option to buy if he stays fit. I'll give Paul a text now.. :P

In all seriousness though that sounds promising. We might even be able to get you to pay his wages.

Speaking of which; the most important thing this January for us is to get Charles N'Zogbia and Alan Hutton off the wage bill and out of our club.

You're really selling him :rolleyes:

Needs to be in a two striker system' date=' which we don't play. Awful first touch. Bad positioning and not quick enough.

Can you get any further from the remit of an Aston Villa striker?[/quote']

He is what we called Plan B. :P Entirely different from what you have. ;)

He sounds like he fits the bill well. Perhaps if we have a six month loan with an option to buy if he stays fit. I'll give Paul a text now.. :P

In all seriousness though that sounds promising. We might even be able to get you to pay his wages.

Speaking of which; the most important thing this January for us is to get Charles N'Zogbia and Alan Hutton off the wage bill and out of our club.

Not sure we'd give you the option to buy. He's hugely promising but needs to make that step up to first team football again. We can't offer that really but a team at Villa's level, with a shortage of strikers might find him as useful as he might find them. Reckon we'd cover at least some wages though as having him playing football can only be beneficial for us.

N'Zogbia worth the £9.5m? :eek:

He is what we called Plan B. :P Entirely different from what you have. ;)

We are not in a fortunate enough position to be carrying a useless striker that doesn't fit into our system whatsoever

Lambert has said that he would like to bring in some experience to mix with the youth in our squad but states wages could be an issue.

We have also been linked (before Kozak's injury) to 6'2" Polish striker Piotr Parzyszek of De Graafschap in Holland's second division. He's scored 28 goals in 50 appearances (16 in 19 so far this season), and at 20, matches Lambert's quota of young players who have played well but are as of yet unproven on a bigger stage. He could be available for a small fee and no doubt his wages wouldn't be huge.

N'Zogbia worth the £9.5m? :eek:

I'd drive him to another club myself. Haven't got anything against the lad but his wages are way too high for a bit part player.

He's been injured a while and in fairness Lambert has said he's going to wait until he's fit again to decide on his future rather than just cast him out

We are not in a fortunate enough position to be carrying a useless striker that doesn't fit into our system whatsoever.

Liverpool weren't in that fortunate position either, but still, we bought him. You should try too, it does look fun watching him struggle to fit in.

What ever happened to Helenius? He does look promising back in Denmark league.

You're not going to have any trouble selling or loaning out Aspas, we'll gladly take him off you and both Michu and Laudrup have publically stated interest in him.

Unfortunate injury with Kozak, but at least Agbonlahor's back from injury and on the back of some decent form.

You're not going to have any trouble selling or loaning out Aspas' date=' we'll gladly take him off you and both Michu and Laudrup have publically stated interest in him.[/quote']

Would like him to go only for loan, not permanent deal.

He just need time to adapt to EPL and build his confidence, I think he could turn good after that. Unfortunately for him, Liverpool are not in the position to give him some game time to adapt this season. With less fixtures and all, we can still cope without him on the side, even from the bench.

-_-

Bring in Defour, Hoolahan and a new CB.... Guidetti on loan to sort out Kozak's replacement and then do something like this..

-----------------Guzan

---------NEW CB----Clark

Bacuna-----------------------Luna

-----------Defour--Delph

Albrighton------------------Gabby

-----------------Hoolahan

------------------Helenius

Also for the love of god play it on the deck!