Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

-_-

Bring in Defour' date=' Hoolahan and a new CB.... Guidetti on loan to sort out Kozak's replacement and then do something like this..

-----------------Guzan

---------NEW CB----Clark

Bacuna-----------------------Luna

-----------Defour--Delph

Albrighton------------------Gabby

-----------------Hoolahan

------------------Helenius

Also for the love of god play it on the deck![/quote']

I don't like Hoolahan.

What's that team too? It's missing Vlaar and Tekkers?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I don't like Hoolahan.

What's that team too? It's missing Vlaar and Tekkers?

Vlaar and Benteke would come back in when not injured/ on form... I'm not sure what Benteke needs... Read people saying he looks knackered and still unfit... If so I'd play Helenius in behind Tekkers... He needs support... if we play it on the floor we would be 10000x better off.. Hate this "hoof ball" idiocy we have been playing... It's football not Airball lol

I can't see Guidetti wanting to join on loan to be third choice, possibly fourth choice if you'd consider Agbonlahor up front before him.

I agree that you need to play the ball on the floor, you played the ball against us last season on the deck and got a win that you probably deserve, this season it looked like we were playing a completely different side that had no attempt to try and get a winner.

I have to say given Lambert's comments during the week I was not to dissapointed to see you go out and in many ways he got what he deserved.

This is the only real chance of silverware for Villa a cup competition, you will end in mid-tale to lower half why not have a real go at a cup run, really gets up my one when managers spout rubbish like he did.

Not only does it reflect badly personally on him IMO it sends out the wrong message to the players and gives them a ready made excuse for the defeat as there manager said it was not to important.

A major Faux Pas from Lambert IMO, the team he put out actually looked quite strong but in terms of mental preperation of the players it was extremely poor.

Vlaar and Benteke would come back in when not injured/ on form... I'm not sure what Benteke needs... Read people saying he looks knackered and still unfit... If so I'd play Helenius in behind Tekkers... He needs support... if we play it on the floor we would be 10000x better off.. Hate this "hoof ball" idiocy we have been playing... It's football not Airball lol

Benteke needs a playmaker behind him. Helenius isn't the answer to that IMO. Delph has been the only midfielder to offer anything like that this season.

If we had a better midfielder we might have more confidence to not just hoof it up.

I have to say given Lambert's comments during the week I was not to dissapointed to see you go out and in many ways he got what he deserved.

This is the only real chance of silverware for Villa a cup competition' date=' you will end in mid-tale to lower half why not have a real go at a cup run, really gets up my one when managers spout rubbish like he did.

Not only does it reflect badly personally on him IMO it sends out the wrong message to the players and gives them a ready made excuse for the defeat as there manager said it was not to important.

A major Faux Pas from Lambert IMO, the team he put out actually looked quite strong but in terms of mental preperation of the players it was extremely poor.[/quote']

I'm really annoyed about it as well. We're Aston Villa, a huge institution in the English game, in both the contemporary and historical settings? Not some nothing yoyo club with a load of Arab money for the last few years. The FA Cup is huge for clubs like ours with our history and fans and I'm furious that Lambert came out and said what he did.

Our league cup run last year was great and I would've loved another one. No doubt other of our fans would agree

I'm really annoyed about it as well. We're Aston Villa' date=' a huge institution in the English game, in both the contemporary and historical settings? Not some nothing yoyo club with a load of Arab money for the last few years. The FA Cup is huge for clubs like ours with our history and fans and I'm furious that Lambert came out and said what he did.

Our league cup run last year was great and I would've loved another one. No doubt other of our fans would agree[/quote']

Precisely

What have Villa got to play for now this season, just the mundane routine of picking up a few results for relative mid table obscurity nothing for the fans to be excited about, nothing to look forward to, nothing to dream about.

Just think it is really poor from the manager, the extra games lark is a nonsense as well the first three rounds all have there own individual dates so you are playing one game a week from now on until the 6th round and the final is a weekend all on its own now as well, so essentially two extra midweek games even with a squad like Villa's professional players should easily be able to cope.

These excuses wheeled out by the likes of Lambert are compete rubbish and don't wash with me, really poor. I generally quite like Lambert but really let himself and more importantly his club and the fans down here.

I thought it was very poor from Paul Lambert, and was glad to see Sheffield United win the game to be honest.

There's nothing really wrong with losing an FA Cup tie, as anything can happen in the FA Cup but all you ask for really is full commitment from the players and manager and his comments puts doubt in mind of their commitment.

I agree that the amount of extra games really isn't a big deal, an additional five games in the season with the final one being after the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No need to change the team after the last two games (apart from Bertrand in for Bennett) so we line up thus:

Guzan; Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand; El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph; Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor

As I write this Delph lays it on a plate for Benteke who slams it home to make it 1-0 :D