Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Why do you hope Wenger is leaving?...

Is it because the team you support is utter crap and you have to sell your best players to Man Utd and Liverpool?

Is it because your star player is an Arsenal oldie called Freddie?

Or is there another reason for that stupid comment?:confused:

I'm not gonna ruin this aston villa thread, so i'll pm you why.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Im not a Aston Villa fan, actually i dont think theyre that good. But i have to congratulate their win over Chelsea yesterday as i watched the match. It proves money doesnt matter, its what they produce on the day and Chelsea didnt produce much at all.

Well done Villa

They were all over us at one point but we defended like Trogans !! congrats to villa and Martin Oneil who tactically outclassed the "special one".

All our players wore their hearts on there sleeves and deserved the win. When knight scored he showed how much it meant to him!

UP THE VILLA

Im not a Aston Villa fan' date=' actually i dont think theyre that good. But i have to congratulate their win over Chelsea yesterday as i watched the match. It proves money doesnt matter, its what they produce on the day and Chelsea didnt produce much at all.

Well done Villa[/quote']

1) We are a premiership team

2) We have several internationals in our squad

3) We have a proven manager at our relms

So how exactly are we not " that good " as you put it ?

And no, im not claiming they are world beaters, infact im far from it. Even though in beating Chelsea i can argue we are world beaters ;) .

Define good ? is that Manchester united standard ? bit of clarity would be nice as saying such things with no real points to back them is pointless.

We play football well, we dont just play route 1, we try and play football how it should be. We have some really pacy players and some great talents to.

So actually i think we are good.

Anyways, considering the first four teams we have played im delighted at our points tally ! Liverpool, Newcastle, Fulham ( who ;) ) and Chelsea. grabbing two wins, a draw and a loss isnt bad. Infact im very happy with it.

And it doesnt get easier for us either :mad: these are our next few games

Man City - Away

Everton - Home

Tottenham - Away

West Ham - Home

Manchester United- Home

Not a nice fixture list really. Id be content with 2 wins a draw and 2 losses.

Gareth Barry !

player-image-25775.jpg

It seems Gareth Barrys hard work over the last few seasons has finally paid off as he played both games for England this weekend, be it because of Injury. But what a impact he made, he played awesome. Assisting three goals in two games. not to bad, he formed a great partnership with gerrard, he met his defensive and offensive duties. Lets hope he can maintain this form for Villa.

Hope he gets to keep his place next england game, id only accept if he wasnt if his form dropped loads and Lampard decided to work with gerrard well :rolleyes:

Anyways . . .

Sunday 16th September

Man City Vs Aston Villa

Could be a tough game for villa. But i reckon we could pull through, no injury problems as far as im aware.

On a worse note, it a local newspaper it has been revealed that Maloney did hold talks with oneil about leaving ! HOWEVER oneil was adamant celtic did not declare interest

What are peoples thoughts on Barry and what is the predicted result for villa weekend

He is quality. Judging by his last 2 performances for england i would say he is bout as good as lampard. But i still dont know if he is right footed or left.

He is left footed, but capable on his right. I know he isnt as good as Lampard but he brings something to the team that Lampard cant, he can play CM, lampard is a AM regardless of what other people say. Its a team game and playing individual stars of players who play as a team in wrong so i just hope McLaren realises that and plays Barry again , depending on his form.

In twenty minutes villa kick off the start of a tough few games , hopefully we can get a result here, which would ease the burden.

Villa are lining up with a more conventional 4-4-2 instead of our adopted 4-3-3 formation.

GK: CARSON

LB:Bouma

RB:Melberg

CB:Knight

CB:Laursen

WINGERS: Gabby and Young

CM: Reo Coker

CM: Barry

CF: Luke Moore

CF: Carew

Im not to sure what the formation will look like when we play as i cant see Gabby playing straight on the wing, but that means Young would have to play a more defensive role, something i doubt he will do. Only time will tell i suppose.

I think pace is the key here, we have Gabby, young, Moore and reo coker all of whom are very quick. I also reckon that without Dunne city will struggle with aerial challenges so hopefully we can feed moore of carew. Im confident of todays game :D

Kiss my Negative rep coming your way, also the post has been reported.

I have to say i was gutted with the result weekend, i honestly thought we could of got more out the game. A real shame but we have had some hard games this year and havent played weak opposition excluding Fulham ( sorry Bobo ).

Our next few games will be tough but if we can get through them we have a run of 4 games where we could win all of them

* fingers crossed *

• 6 months later...

Last 5 games have been torrid for villa.

Think wear and tear not to mention an few injuries on a tiny squad is starting to take effect.

Thankfully Carew should be back next game, However Mr.Versatile Gardner was injured representing England.:mad:

Well, thankfully regardless of this seasons finish, it will have been a good season for villa. Although its a shame we lost out on the battle for 5th sport, unless we perform a miracle im happy. a squad is no where near the standard oneil wants it to be and Lerner says he will back him in the transfer market

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_3367738,00.html

Our last 6 games could of been alot worse.

Bolton this weekend after a confidence crushing defeat to Arsenal, then not in order we have Derby, Scum City, Wigan , then the two tougher games Everton away and we finish against west ham away

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Mr Adamski and all Villa fans alike. Aren't we sick and tired of all these fans supporting the top 4, bigging up their teams. They are mostly glory supporters but now we have the chance to turn them over and stick 2 fingers up to all of them. SmartDoc has created or creating a setup for the rivalries between managers to start and end. The winner gets bragging rights and if I'm honest I want bragging rights over all of them. As of yet I am the only Villa fan to put my name down. I really hope some of you will come and join and put your name down too. Read the rules and lets get started ok? We need to put one over on them lads are you with me!!!!

Holtenders in the sky!!!!!!

http://92.52.72.58/forum/showthread.php?t=21928

Follow the link and put your name down. We can even beat the City scum

What a great result for our beloved Villa yesterday.

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Was a big game for both clubs as Villa had not won in 5 games and Bolton had lost quite a few on the trot, not to mention there relegation fears.

Think i was right in my previous post in saying that Bolton could be crushed because of last weaks defeat and it looked the case. Lacked real confidence, threatened villa on a few occassions nothing substantial.

Villa started ok, not great but the goal eased things.

Barry Got the first after yet another perfect cross from this years seasons sensation Ashley Young.

Our second goal showed some nice football, good control and a pass to young set barry ona great run, to which Young equalled with a great ball, Barry curled to Gabby whose deaf touch nipped it into the bottom corner, a sublime finish and a great goal.

Barry got a deflected second to get his brace and Harewood got his 5th goal of the season after shocking defending. It was confident performance and villa deserved the win :)

Great win for you, I was wondering if Villa could keep up the pace after their good start, they played well yesterday and scored some good goals....:)

I think it needs to be bad defending for Harewood to score....lol:)

Hope you get into European places...Good enough players to compete with teams in the UEFA Cup IMO!!!

Not a bad win for you either Dai.

I think we lack the depth and in some position quality to really compete in UEFA but we have the foundations of a European team. Really need to sort our defence out, and as much as i like the lad, and how much it pains me to say this, we need to stop giving Carson chance after chance. Again some terrible keeping against bolton when they had two corners. Should of conceded. I hope he picks his game up because he could be a top keeper.

I think the only problem i thought villa would have, was the same as yours, could they keep up the pace, especially with such a small squad, hopefully that has put out bad form behind us, we have derby next week so hopefully we can build on this.

and i also hate harewood, but the chap has scored some important goals ! even against Liverpool ! :o

I think all the clubs battling for UEFA Cup spots are in the same boat, squads not big enough, with the exception of Spurs maybe.....I think that your first team squad is quality and with a few more good backup players you would be good enough.

As for Carson, I don't see what the big fuss about him is atm, I don't really rate him, although saying that mate, Bolton give every team problems from set pieces with just the presence of their big players. Where is Sorensen? Is he wasting away on the bench? He was awesome at Sunderland and did play well for you....

I hope the bad run is behind you and wish Villa all the best...I have always liked them!

As a season ticket Holder, when Tommy S was playing for villa, sadly not now ! He was shocking, didnt command the defense, didnt leave his line, kicking awful ! not a great keeper to be honest ! it was as if he was over the hill when he joined. Not doubting he played well previously but never showed the standard a top 10 premiership team needs in a goal keeper.

Dai, since the England game im the first one to admit Carson has been shocking.

Before his call up he was on terrific form, even at under 21 level. He was outstanding. I think as most players are he is a confidence player, and keepers need to be confident. Since that dreadful match :(:mad: he just hasnt looked the same.

Dai, honestly i think Villa lack a real goal scorer. We need a Defoe kind of player to play off Carew, often as we dont boot it up field any more, Carew is left with it at his feet up top with no one to play the ball to, resulting in it coming back. Its ok when we play 4-3-3 and have Young and Gabby up top but we often dont, Gabby atm isnt prolific enough. Will develop though as he has scored some great goals. I reckon we need a clinical goal scorer, a new creative CM. a new RB, new CB and a new GK. all top quality then start to worry about the squad depth. Starting 11 needs to improve imo.

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

I agree with you Adamski in what you say about carson. Like I have been saying to everyone else if you saw hif form before "you know what" it was outstanding, but the call up was not the right time, to give him his debut in such an important match. And because of it he has failed as a Goalkeeper recentley. he is not up to scratch and i feel for MON. What can he do, how can you repair that. As for what you say I agree we need another striker to play off Carew but where does that leave Gabby. We can't leave him out the side with his pace, no matter how his form has been he's always a threat. I still think Petrov does a job for us and it will work I'm sure of it. As for Maloney I love the guy think he's a cracking player, but his homesickness has been well documented and I just wonder whether he has put on a bit of weight? It looks that way, i hope he hasnt but sometimes when you are away from home and your bored you can start to eat, its normal but a little worrying. A new centre back is something we will be desperate for when Olof leaves in the summer and the fact that we don't have one right back in our squad is something that we should not have left for a season before figuring out. Hopefully a class act in both positions is something we will get, with the lad Boswinga is it? Something like that I hope he arrives.

P.S and the setup I mentioned. get involved and we can form a team Mr Adamski and everyone else :P