• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

There is however still the sale of the club hanging over us. However staying up will help that too.

The bottom line is we simply have to stay up by hook or by crook.

I understand but Fox did say lerner isnt a motivated seller, so Im not banking on him going any time soon.

With the increase in TV revenue and the sorry state we are in I suspect we will spend... a little.

By the way, we are all over these in the lats 10 minutes. So refreshing to see players run at defenders

I understand but Fox did say lerner isnt a motivated seller' date=' so Im not banking on him going any time soon.

With the increase in TV revenue and the sorry state we are in I suspect we will spend... a little.

By the way, we are all over these in the lats 10 minutes. So refreshing to see players run at defenders[/quote']

It's just refreshing to see our players showing a bit of desire and confidence for a change.

Lerner needs to decide what he wants to do because he doesn't seem overly keen to put the money in off the evidence I've seen.

It's just refreshing to see our players showing a bit of desire and confidence for a change.

Lerner needs to decide what he wants to do because he doesn't seem overly keen to put the money in off the evidence I've seen.

He's not putting in money as he want to sell the club, but can't find the right buyer whilst the club is on the bring of relegation mostly down to money not being put in.

He's not putting in money as he want to sell the club' date=' but can't find the right buyer whilst the club is on the bring of relegation mostly down to money not being put in.[/quote']

Which is why it's even more imperative we stay up. Hopefully today can be a catalyst and provide us with more belief and confidence in the league.

Which is why it's even more imperative we stay up. Hopefully today can be a catalyst and provide us with more belief and confidence in the league.

QF of a cup Rugger your living the dream :)

Good chance of Decent draw as well with some if the sides left,

Wemberley.....Wemberley :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Villa really do deserve this one. Opportunity given, opportunity taken! Well done, hopefully you can suppress Arsenal fans and wow them in the final, like you have w/ Liverpool.

EDIT: That's the beauty of the FA Cup, underdogs always strive!

Chuffed to bits, been to Villa Park a number of times this season and there was promise there but Tim as given you that spark you desperately needed.

Enjoyed the game, thought you were the better team & it was a very mature performance from Grealish, something I wasn't sure if he had just yet but I am happy to be proven wrong - looks exceptionally promising.

Obviously you are underdogs for the final, but I truly hope you win it - after all its not like Arsenal make it easy for themselves - Birmingham in the League Cup a few years ago, Hull in the final of this last season (even vs Reading).

Thank you' date=' couldn't bear the sight of Steven Gerrard lifting a trophy in his final game.

EDIT: Also I hope you stay up now.[/quote']

What do you mean now? The implications of us going down are astronomical given the new tv deal. I'm relatively confident of us staying up. Given Leciester's recent form I think they might scrape staying up. It all depends on whether QPR can pick up some points at home. I think Hull and Burnley are goners, which is a shame cos Burnley are a proper club. Run really well.

Chuffed to bits' date=' been to Villa Park a number of times this season and there was promise there but Tim as given you that spark you desperately needed.

Enjoyed the game, thought you were the better team & it was a very mature performance from Grealish, something I wasn't sure if he had just yet but I am happy to be proven wrong - looks exceptionally promising.

Obviously you are underdogs for the final, but I truly hope you win it - after all its not like Arsenal make it easy for themselves - Birmingham in the League Cup a few years ago, Hull in the final of this last season (even vs Reading).[/quote']

I'm hopeful for the final given Arsenal blow so hot and cold. They do have serious quality though. However as Tim said we have to concentrate on staying up now. Might be hard but that is our priority. Then the cup. Then keeping Benteke and Delph.

So chuffed for Jack too, Villain through and through. Hopefully Sherwood does with him what he did for Harry Kane

What do you mean now? The implications of us going down are astronomical given the new tv deal. I'm relatively confident of us staying up. Given Leciester's recent form I think they might scrape staying up. It all depends on whether QPR can pick up some points at home. I think Hull and Burnley are goners' date=' which is a shame cos Burnley are a proper club. Run really well.

[/quote']

Well before yesterday I wasn't bothered who went down, now I'm still not bothered but would prefer Villa to stay up:p

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say I'm delighted for Cleverley.

A perfect example of what a lack of confidence can do to a player. Still think he would make a very good squad player for us but that ship has probably sailed. Hope he stays with you and not leave for Everton. Clearly looks very passionate in all his celebrations and has a thing going with Sherwood. Playing with the same same enthusiasm and verve as he did when he first started out for United.

Have to say I'm delighted for Cleverley.

A perfect example of what a lack of confidence can do to a player. Still think he would make a very good squad player for us but that ship has probably sailed. Hope he stays with you and not leave for Everton. Clearly looks very passionate in all his celebrations and has a thing going with Sherwood. Playing with the same same enthusiasm and verve as he did when he first started out for United.

I don't think it's just confidence I genuinely believe after his injury he's dropped in ability (in terms of long term ability) pre injury Cleverly was capable of becoming a regular at United.

That being said I think he's found his level at Villa and is with a manager who he wants to play for, I hope he can keep this up at Villa.

Completely agree RE: moving to Everton, I think it would present similar problems to his time at United, he's found a club where he can start most games, a manager who believes in him and I believe fans who are not going to abuse him for not being good enough every time he makes a mistake (which I did) so why risk losing all that for a move to a top 10 club.