Sign in to follow this  
Magic J

Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

I don't think it's just confidence I genuinely believe after his injury he's dropped in ability (in terms of long term ability) pre injury Cleverly was capable of becoming a regular at United.

That being said I think he's found his level at Villa and is with a manager who he wants to play for' date=' I hope he can keep this up at Villa.

Completely agree RE: moving to Everton, I think it would present similar problems to his time at United, he's found a club where he can start most games, a manager who believes in him and I believe fans who are not going to abuse him for not being good enough every time he makes a mistake (which I did) so why risk losing all that for a move to a top 10 club.[/quote']

We will be a top 10 team next year, if we keep Benteke.

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Apparently Tony Adams and former Chelsea executive Paul Smith have been to City banks looking for investment for a £150m bid for Villa

I'm really hoping these rumours aren't true. They need to borrow money to even afford the £150 million asking price, thus instantly putting the club in debt upon purchase.

Obviously we do need a takeover, but it needs to be to the right people, wealthy but with the club's interests at heart. The relaxing of the FFP rules which Platini has announced may help.