Sign in to follow this  
Magic J

Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Im not a villa fan but there my fave team in prem.

I just always liked them ever since david o lerlay or how ever u spell it :rolleyes: also now now i like them more cos of celtic roots with martin oneil maloney petrov and agharte if hes still there.

There doing very well i did like douge ellis when he was charman doint no much about this leaner at mo but hes giving oneil cash :).

Barry agbonlaor davies maloney carson all top draw british players who have a great future ahead of them so good luck to villa :D

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Didier Agathe lol what ever happened to him? He played like one game for us then never again. he was fat anyway lol but I love Petrov and wee Maloney even if they haven't settled.

Didier Agathe lol what ever happened to him? He played like one game for us then never again. he was fat anyway lol but I love Petrov and wee Maloney even if they ahven't settled.

I never had hope for him he was very very fast tho almost as fast as therry henry mybe faster in his day :rolleyes:

Aye petrov maloney not settled there always wecome back to celtic tho :D

No way i still love him!

Doug Ellis = @;#[_%$£^

Absoloutle fool, lost it with old age and didnt wanna loose power resulting in him in not letting his grip over villa. He almost sucked the life out of villa, im not doubting he contributed but he just kept on going.

Made shocking decisions, if a manager made such bad decision he would be sacked, but who can sack the owner.

He named a stand after himself for one, ? i mean . Vain or what, we could of named it after on of ou european winning legends,or a genuine villa hero, but no. Himself ? i refuse to sit i that stand.

Yes he spent money, im not doubting that, but he also recieved loads, we went thru years of selling players and not spending as much, which is good business until you look at who we bought lol. Im sayin this because when i say something about Ellis people say well he did spend money, wel he also kept it and was content with us being a mid table mediocre team.

Lerner has a sporting back ground, owning a NFL game. He watches the majority of vila games, has on several occasion paid for the fans coaches. Has openly admitted his ambitions for the club, and has put his money where the mouth is. see link in previous page where he said he will back oneil in market.

He is a chairman who wants to take the club forward and is also passionate about footy !

so unlike united and liverpool ! i will chant "USA USA"

Doug Ellis = @;#[_%$£^

Absoloutle fool' date= lost it with old age and didnt wanna loose power resulting in him in not letting his grip over villa. He almost sucked the life out of villa, im not doubting he contributed but he just kept on going.

Made shocking decisions, if a manager made such bad decision he would be sacked, but who can sack the owner.

He named a stand after himself for one, ? i mean . Vain or what, we could of named it after on of ou european winning legends,or a genuine villa hero, but no. Himself ? i refuse to sit i that stand.

Yes he spent money, im not doubting that, but he also recieved loads, we went thru years of selling players and not spending as much, which is good business until you look at who we bought lol. Im sayin this because when i say something about Ellis people say well he did spend money, wel he also kept it and was content with us being a mid table mediocre team.

Lerner has a sporting back ground, owning a NFL game. He watches the majority of vila games, has on several occasion paid for the fans coaches. Has openly admitted his ambitions for the club, and has put his money where the mouth is. see link in previous page where he said he will back oneil in market.

He is a chairman who wants to take the club forward and is also passionate about footy !

so unlike united and liverpool ! i will chant "USA USA"[/quote]

lol i new u villa fans hated ellis but must agree with ya adam lerner is a good charmin to have if he wants to dvie the club forward.

We could have had worse guys in charge of the club. You look at people like Mohammed Al Fayed, Shephard at Newcastle. Ellis gave managers time to be fair and the club was never in any trouble when it came to finances. I think Lerner came at the right time and now we can push on. What Ellis wouldn't have like is MON spending 3.5m of his money on Marlon Harewood. I wouldn't be. He was always wary of his money and the drought came unfortunately for O'Leary after we spent what 8m+ on Balaban? Disgrace. However I was content as during Ellis' time we almost always finished top half and were good value for out many top 7 spots. Lerner also I feel now loves the club as much as him and it's good to have guys like this at the top. He has an Aston Villa tattoo on his ankle. Who doesn't love him??

In the last 10 years under Ellis we had two succesful seasons, one in the erly days of the prem and when we finished 6th under O'leary ( complete fluke )

he has always been weary with his Cash, like i said eariler he put mone but took alot out. End of the day it was his fault for hiring spend what you give him Oleary.

Even before him with Gregory we made rubbishh buys. Surely the chairman has to have some involvement in the transfers. We was never in any trouble true, but we were mr reliable. reliably **** evey season. s boring its un true. god it tested my patience watching us sometimes.

you say content ? but should we as fans ever be content, surely striding towards new heights is what being a fan is all about

And thats what we have the chance to do now. It takes those years to build up the club make us stable under absolutely no financial pressure etc. Now that we have done that we have a great stadium, a great manager and now a great owner and it is our time t shine now, as we have shown in patches this season. It is all coming together but it has took time and we deserve it. I never said Ellis was a saint but what he did was keep us together and now we can build. We might not have had what we have now without the boob of a man.

In the last 10 years under Ellis we had two succesful seasons' date=' one in the erly days of the prem and when we finished 6th under O'leary ( complete fluke )

he has always been weary with his Cash, like i said eariler he put mone but took alot out. End of the day it was his fault for hiring spend what you give him Oleary.

Even before him with Gregory we made rubbishh buys. Surely the chairman has to have some involvement in the transfers. We was never in any trouble true, but we were mr reliable. reliably **** evey season. s boring its un true. god it tested my patience watching us sometimes.

you say content ? but should we as fans ever be content, surely striding towards new heights is what being a fan is all about[/quote']

Did you only finish well once in the early Prem days? I remember Villa being a team you didn't want to play back then, with your deadly strike force you were class, was that Ellis' input?

Gregory almost spoiled Villa with the signings lol, Ellis should have stepped in there but he didn't care as long as the club lined his pockets..

So is it safe to say you are happy with good old Randy?

Did you only finish well once in the early Prem days? I remember Villa being a team you didn't want to play back then' date=' with your deadly strike force you were class, was that Ellis' input?

Gregory almost spoiled Villa with the signings lol, Ellis should have stepped in there but he didn't care as long as the club lined his pockets..

So is it safe to say you are happy with good old Randy?[/quote']

Im delighted with Randy Lerner for these reasons

1) his name is randy, you just gotta love him :o:P

2) It seems like he cares about the fans

3) Has ambitions

4) Had publicly backed Oneil in the transfer market after Oneil proved what he can do with limited funds.

in the 92/93 season we finished 2nd, 10 points behind united. 2 infront of 3rd.

93/94 = 10th

94/95 = 18th

95/96 = 4th

96/97 = 5th

97/98 = 7th

98/99 = 6th

99/00 = 6th

00/01 = 8th

01/02 ( year of best champ man :D ) = 8th

02/03 = 16th

03/04 = 6th

then the next few seasons were **** once again.

My main problem with Deadly Doug is that he had the foundation of a team which could of broke or even been ne of the big four. But he let it slip away from him with stupid decisions. He held money back when it was needed and spent it when it wasnt.

from the start of the prem to 2000. Villa had quite a good record bar two seasons. But we never ever built on that. Then we had a torrid run of managers which resulted in a couple of relegation scares.

With Lerner in charge and the right manager, villa could slowly start to bring there hey days back again. not doubting everything is agsinst us, but if its ever gonna happen it will be now

Cool, the best part of his name though is Randy Lerner...Learning to be Randy...lol

Cracks me up, only yanks would name someone with the surname Lerner, Randy.. :)

You have the foundations now, you need to build now!!

Wish you all luck!!

Like you said we had seasons under Ellis where we did well but we never pushed on. Well now he has got us there he has handed the reigns over (perhaps a little late) But now we CAN push on and we WILL push on. I'm just happy with where we are at and don't want to dwell on what could have been. We've never been out of the Prem and thats an achievement.

The Derbies all we got to play for now Europe looks gone. Sad we've faltered again but looking forward to hopefully doing the double over them and send them down. Bring on WBA next year now and we'll turn them over too

:confused:

We just win 6-0. And you come on posting that Europe has gone and that we have faltered, am i missing something.

Everton drew, were infront of Man City n Blackburn, We have Everton to play. Its still on. How is it possibly not ?

:confused:

We just win 6-0. And you come on posting that Europe has gone and that we have faltered' date=' am i missing something.

Everton drew, were infront of Man City n Blackburn, We have Everton to play. Its still on. How is it possibly not ?[/quote']

Must agree

ya teams won 6-0

everton only beat em 1-0

Ur saying euroups gone

you must be kidding villa got a good chance now pompy and everton slip up and villa liking there lips.

Great game today 6 different scores lol

Have to say overall im delighted with sixth place, begining of season i would of snatched someones hand off if they said they would promise a top 8 finish.

However, im a bitterly dissapointed we did not qualify automatically for Europe, We went on a streak of 5 games without winning, against opposition we should of got more points off, Then Drew against Everton in a game i felt we deserved more than a point, then to round it off loose against Wigan at home 2-0.

It was in our own hands even after the everton game then we threw it away, bitterly dissapointed to be honest however, all is not lost.

What worries me is though that even with the smallest premier league squad of last season we have lost 4+ players :eek:

Leaving with a shocking skeleton of a squad.

Being linked with quite a few players , Sidwell is one, Doyle another, Rosenberg, crouch, Dawson even Aimar and Mertascaher amongst many others. The one thing that is certain is that villa will bring in alot of players, we dont have the choice, we will as usual bring some players thru ther ranks but we need squad depth and more ability. Iv got a 10 pound bet on with a mate that villa will spend more than 30 million, as we do have the cash !

Now onto this Barry situation, Liverpool do my bloody head in.

I am almost certain Barry will not leave Villa. For two reasons i think he has two much to loose and alot to gain at Villa. and i doubt pool will offer a deal that is reasonable. If barry went to pool, he wud get CL next season, but how often would he played, considering Liverpool have Gerrard, Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Lucas Lieva then Barry, then add rafas rotation policy he wudnt be playing all to much.

Liverpool have gone about this stupidly offering poor bids then when someone wants one of there players they ask for stupid money.

1) they value Carson at 10 million ! LMAO ! haha bye bye , see ya later maybe never

2) 15 million for crouch, a player they never play, yes as if anyone is gonna offer than. Liverpool claimed they offered 5 million and carson for barry making it a 15 million pound deal ? is it really . . . no i dont think so.

Im certain barry will not leave, initial meetings have already taken place over his future and are set to continue

Finally, My expectations for this season are similar to my ones of last season. Top 7 ideally, it will be a struggle with alot of otherclubs being taken over. I hope villa can get 5th spot i really do.

lol, just went on the villa website and there is a page of transfer speculation, each has a link, not necessarily as reliable as some but we have amassed a huge 92 transfer targets lol !

here they are:

Links So Far:

Goalkeepers: Brad Friedel (Blackburn), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (Manchester United), Paul Robinson (Spurs), Sergio Asenjo (Real Valladolid), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal), Yoann Pele (Le Mans), Heurelho Gomes (PSV Eindhoven), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol), Boaz Myhill (Hull), Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton), Wayne Hennessey (Wolves), Mark Oxley (Rotherham), Artur Boruc (Celtic), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Scott Carson (Liverpool), Marton Fulop (Sunderland)

Defenders: Sokratis Papastathopoulos (AEK Athens), Hugo Campagnaro (Sampdoria), Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Marco Caneira (Valencia), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Michael Lumb (AGF Aarhus), Stephen Carr (Newcastle), Paul Scharner (Wigan), Jonas Olsson (NEC Nijmegen), Christian Maggio (Sampdoria), Jean Calve (Le Mans), Joe Mattock (Leicester), Pascal Chimbonda (Spurs), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Cata Diaz (Getafe), Bernard Mendy (PSG), Daniel van Buyten (Bayern Munich), Cosmin Contra (Getafe), John Paintsil (West Ham), Richard Stearman (Leicester), Jose Angel Crespo (Sevilla), Nélson (Benfica), Jose Bosingwa (Porto), John Arne Riise (Liverpool), Justin Hoyte (Arsenal), Giourkas Seitaridis (Atlético Madrid), Adriano Correia Claro (Sevilla), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Steve Finnan (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Miralem Pjanic (Metz), Aaron Ramsey (Cardiff City), Pedro Mendes (Portsmouth), Jermaine Pennant (Liverpool), Sebastian Eguren (Villarreal), Diego (Werder Bremen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Christian Poulsen (Sevilla), Gary O'Neil (Middlesbrough), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Steve Sidwell (Chelsea), Mario Santana (Fiorentina), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Ruben de la Red (Getafe), Esteban Granero (Getafe), Pablo Hernandez (Getafe), Brian Howard (Barnsley), James Milner (Newcastle), David Bentley (Blackburn), Jimmy Bullard (Fulham), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg), Zoltan Gera (West Brom), Danny Haynes (Ipswich Town), Victor Moses (Crystal Palace)

Strikers: Tarik Elyounoussi (Fredrikstad F.K), Freddie Kanoute (Sevilla), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Jefferson Farfan (PSV Eindhoven), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace), Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina), Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe), Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid), Sam Vokes (Bournemouth), Bafetimbi Gomis (St Etienne), Eidur Gudjohnsen (Barcelona), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), James Beattie (Sheffield United), Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Habib Habibou (Royal Charleroi SC), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Andy Johnson (Everton)

Guest Toggs

I think of that list, Villa would realisticly be going for:

Goalkeeper(s): Wayne Hennessey, Brad Guzan, Scott Carson.

Defender(s): Nicky Shorey, Jean Calve, Cata Diaz, Nelson, Adriano Correira, Finnan.

Midfielder(s): Mario Santana, Esteban Granero, Jimmy Bullard, Steve Sidwell.

Striker(s): Bfatmendi Gomis, James Beattie, Kevin Doyle, Andy Johnson.

I think theyre is some players on there that will really improve Villa's squad such as Gomis, Granero and Calve but i think alot on the original list you had Adam were either unrealistic or a player Villa in my eyes, wouldnt want to sign.

Villa are a team i like and a good team at that. Think theyll be one of the more 'active' teams in the transfer market.

Agreed some are more unrealistic than others but to right us off imo is wrong, we have one of the games biggest managers, and some young exciting players, the players you listed imo wouldnt take villa forward all that much, we need ambition and there is nothing wrong with that, although like you said some were a tad stupid.

But who would of though tevez would go to west ham

Van der vaart to hamburg i can list loads.