• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I'm guessing it was a good performance by the lads' date=' can't see any raving by you or Elliot:p[/quote']

Yeah it was a good performance, at times Blackburn stretched us, ( they hit the woodwork twice :eek: ) but overall we deserved the win.

100% going to the final if we get there, i really hope we do , Elliot did you go to that game last night ? might try and get day off work and go to the home leg :o

Guest 1CapWonder

Yeah it was a good performance' date=' at times Blackburn stretched us, ( they hit the woodwork twice :eek: ) but overall we deserved the win.

100% going to the final if we get there, i really hope we do , Elliot did you go to that game last night ? might try and get day off work and go to the home leg :o[/quote']

We're going to Wembley :D

I know I shouldn't tempt fate but I've seen them play twice this week and they really aren't up to much at all.

I was a little surprised and worried with Guzan. He's not that tall and he looked very very vunerable at times. I still love him though, he got us here so he deserves to play in the final should we make it.

Downing actually put in a decent ball, but my problem is, I've seen him play what? 4/5 times now. I haven't seen him properly beat a man once. He's lost a yard of pace, so he's the kind of David Beckham wide player, without the delivery!!! Doesn't cut it IMO, though Young is just as poor.

I wasn't there last night unfortunately, though our fans were outstanding. Bloody outstanding. I'll be going to the 2nd leg whatever happens. There is no way I am going to Wembley if I don't enjoy that whistle when we've done it in the Semi. So yeah I'll definitely be going to both :o

EDIT: Also got tickets for West Ham this Sunday which should be a good game so I'll have to get down to Birmingham for that.

Absoloutely gutted with the weekends result, not just with the result, a game i think was and should of been winnable, but the fact that we could of gained more points than the teams immediately above and below us.

I think that annoyed me more than anything, APART from Ashley Young, he needs to sort his game out pronto, i really like him but he will fade away and become one of those players that could of been

He really is a one trick pony, cut in and cross, yes it works sometimes, and people who dont watch villa will probably still think the sun shines out his rear, but it doesnt, he is unbelievably one dimensional. Needs to sort it out because the sad thing is, he has the ability to go past players but he is just to predictable, he crossing isnt as accurate as it usally is this season either, Elliot, id like to hear your input on that opinion, especially as you went to the game, i watched it but, its not the same is it, and everyone notices different things.

At times, btw i thought Downing looked good, running at fullbacks and going past them, still needs to improve but im SURE he will come good B)

and now probably for the most depressing piece of news iv heard in a long long time relating to villa, the apparent rumour that Aston Villa, the team that has finished 6th in the prem last two seasons and has aspirations to challenge for the covereted fourth spot are linked with none other than mr average and championship player Jay Bothroyd. :rolleyes: He apparently played down the rumours, he is awful, and if oneil does this, ill be flabbergasted and for the first time ill be angry and doubting his intentions ( in the Transfer market ). I could get my head around the heskey transfer ( but he needs to be sold ) but Bothroyd . . . god i hope its not true, id usually dismiss it but we do need a striker, not one like him though. :mad:

He really is a one trick pony' date=' cut in and cross, yes it works sometimes, and people who dont watch villa will probably still think the sun shines out his rear, but it doesnt, he is unbelievably one dimensional. Needs to sort it out because the sad thing is, he has the ability to go past players but he is just to predictable[/quote']

sounds a bit like his doppelgänger ryan babel...

Absoloutely gutted with the weekends result' date=' not just with the result, a game i think was and should of been winnable, but the fact that we could of gained more points than the teams immediately above and below us.

I think that annoyed me more than anything, APART from Ashley Young, he needs to sort his game out pronto, i really like him but he will fade away and become one of those players that could of been

He really is a one trick pony, cut in and cross, yes it works sometimes, and people who dont watch villa will probably still think the sun shines out his rear, but it doesnt, he is unbelievably one dimensional. Needs to sort it out because the sad thing is, he has the ability to go past players but he is just to predictable, he crossing isnt as accurate as it usally is this season either, Elliot, id like to hear your input on that opinion, especially as you went to the game, i watched it but, its not the same is it, and everyone notices different things.

At times, btw i thought Downing looked good, running at fullbacks and going past them, still needs to improve but im SURE he will come good B)

[b']and now probably for the most depressing piece of news iv heard in a long long time relating to villa, the apparent rumour that Aston Villa, the team that has finished 6th in the prem last two seasons and has aspirations to challenge for the covereted fourth spot are linked with none other than mr average and championship player Jay Bothroyd. He apparently played down the rumours, he is awful, and if oneil does this, ill be flabbergasted and for the first time ill be angry and doubting his intentions ( in the Transfer market ). I could get my head around the heskey transfer ( but he needs to be sold ) but Bothroyd . . . god i hope its not true, id usually dismiss it but we do need a striker, not one like him though.[/b]

Cardiff supporters have been going on about this to me for about a month now i hope its not true bothroyd is not good enough to play for the villa.

Cardiff supporters have been going on about this to me for about a month now i hope its not true bothroyd is not good enough to play for the villa.

He has played in the prem before, and didnt do anything then, he is playing well because he is a good championship player, not a top 6 player at all . . . he is slow and lethargic, a less effective version of carew but with a better long range shot ! we need a technical gifted striker, our strikers rely on there physical prowess, size, power or speed, we need soeone to bridge the gap

to be fair to him he's got talent he just has shown a horrible attitude for most of his career

but not good enough for a team going for the CL - maybe lower mid-table like wigan/hull/wolves etc

Id also like to add im pretty peeved Gardner is going to Birmingham, i understand why he wants to leave to get first team footy and all that but surely someone else wants him, brum signing yet another fringe villa player, i thought Louis and that other city fan were hopin for the likes of Dzeko :rolleyes::confused:

We need 2-3 faces i reckon. One striker, 2 midfielder. simples

Bothroyd has got talent i agree but i cant help but think when im watching him play im looking at a poor mans version of john carew he's a good championship player and would be a usefull player for lower level premier league teams but he is just not good enough to play for us.Last i heard we rejected birminghams bid for gardner i hope he doesnt go there.

Guest 1CapWonder

Absoloutely gutted with the weekends result' date=' not just with the result, a game i think was and should of been winnable, but the fact that we could of gained more points than the teams immediately above and below us.

and now probably for the most depressing piece of news iv heard in a long long time relating to villa, the apparent rumour that Aston Villa, the team that has finished 6th in the prem last two seasons and has aspirations to challenge for the covereted fourth spot are linked with none other than mr average and championship player Jay Bothroyd. :rolleyes: He apparently played down the rumours, he is awful, and if oneil does this, ill be flabbergasted and for the first time ill be angry and doubting his intentions ( in the Transfer market ). I could get my head around the heskey transfer ( but he needs to be sold ) but Bothroyd . . . god i hope its not true, id usually dismiss it but we do need a striker, not one like him though. :mad:[/quote']

Much the same really Adam. Also at the game tomorrow, getting the train down and getting back to Manchester pretty **** late aswell. It will all be worth it knowing that finally, as a Villa fan, I will be going to Wembley. Incredible feeling!!!

That said, I thought both Young and Downing were decent first half on Sunday. I thought we actually played very very well and we didn't seem to have a problem creating chances. Not at all. I just think once we didn't take those chances (and it's happened before) we lost a little confidence, the fans weren't as loud, and we brought on John Carew :confused: God knows why. Emile Heskey was excellent, he really was mate. Held the ball up well and got in really, really good positions. On top of that, Gabby was excellent. His hold up play is improving week by week, I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised. He is becoming a better player, although that second touch that he didn't need. Typical :rolleyes:

I was very, very disappointed on Sunday, not that we didn't play well, but that we (once again) failed to gain ground when those around us dropped points. We had a great opportunity in a game we could and should have won. It's so, so frustrating. On the Young matter, I stand by what I have said earlier. He needs a kick up the backside, he needs to get on the weights and he needs to start being stronger and taking on men again. He's not as strong as Agbonlahor, that's for sure.

The sad thing is, when he used to get the ball, I stood up, I took notice, I expected something to happen. When he gets the ball now, I moan and a groan to my mate. We both know it's going to be an overhit cross or a dive. It's a sorry sight it really is, and I fully agree with you.

Anyway, Blackburn tomorrow and I expect nothing other than a victory. Would love to see Delph get a game after his magical first half against them in the FA Cup. He really deserves it. That said, he's unlikely to mess about with things. Although it would be nice to see him drop Young and send him a message, playing with Milner and Downing, Petrov and Delph. Would give us great balance in Midfield it really would.

See you at Wembley mate. I'm going to be quite emotional tomorrow I expect.

P.S - Brilliant to see the competition taken so seriously tonight and at Ewood. I hope we don't do ourselves a dis-service tomorrow evening. Complacency from fans is one thing, complacency from players is disastrous.

Guest 1CapWonder

rung today for a ticket all sold out.

hopefully because i have a season ticket it will guarantee me a ticket to wembley.

If you have a season ticket why can't you go tomorrow?? :confused:

Guest 1CapWonder

Just about to set off lads.

I've never even bothered to think of any other scenario, than me standing there, K2, Holte End, arms aloft, knowing I will be following my side to Wembley.

This is it boys. COME ON THE VILLAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Just about to set off lads.

I've never even bothered to think of any other scenario' date=' than me standing there, K2, Holte End, arms aloft, knowing I will be following my side to Wembley.

This is it boys. COME ON THE VILLAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Have a good one Elliot, really wish i could go, just not possible ! :(

UTV

Good luck to Villa tonight. Martin O'Neill has been at Villa for 3 years now and I feel he has to win something, even if it just the League Cup, for Aston Villa to make the next step. If they do not win a trophy soon they will be seen as a club that is easily top 6 material but not good enough to break the top 4. Winning this cup would give players like Milner, Agbonlahor and Cuellar a reason to stay if any bigger teams came calling for them. I think winning this competition would enable Villa to attract better players in the transfer market to get them into the top 4. At the moment they don't have a player like a Andrei Arshavin or Cesc Fabregas who can win games on their own.

ps Don't give me too much stick if you don't agree. Just my feelings on Aston Villa. :)

Good luck to Villa tonight. Martin O'Neill has been at Villa for 3 years now and I feel he has to win something' date=' even if it just the League Cup, for Aston Villa to make the next step. If they do not win a trophy soon they will be seen as a club that is easily top 6 material but not good enough to break the top 4. Winning this cup would give players like Milner, Agbonlahor and Cuellar a reason to stay if any bigger teams came calling for them. I think winning this competition would enable Villa to attract better players in the transfer market to get them into the top 4. At the moment they don't have a player like a Andrei Arshavin or Cesc Fabregas who can win games on their own.

ps Don't give me too much stick if you don't agree. Just my feelings on Aston Villa. :)[/quote']

I agree on a certain level, i certainly agree that for us to make the next step, or at least make it a heck of alot easier, a trophy is needed, for us to attract a higher calibre of player. Something Richard Dunne has publicly stated, think the article is still on the Aston Villa secton on Skysports

We do have match winners, James Milner being his name, id class him as match winner, obviously not a patch on some of the players you mentioned but he is. Gabby will never be wanted by a 'big' club until he proves his thought processing and ultimately his movement etc :)

Thanks for the well wishes though bud :)