• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Fantastic scenes' date=' so so jealous ! B)

So proud, i know you utd, liverpool, chelsea and arsenal fans dont think much of it, but this is huge, so happy, so happy, words cant describe !

I will pay whatever to get tickets, £200 if i have to ! COME ON THE VILLA[/quote']

Manchester City - Aston Villa final. Hoping for it.

So proud, i know you utd, liverpool, chelsea and arsenal fans dont think much of it, but this is huge, so happy, so happy, words cant describe !

I will pay whatever to get tickets, £200 if i have to ! COME ON THE VILLA[/quote']

I dunno about that I always enjoyed the League cup, particulary as it was part of Liverpools trebal in 1983 and the amount of times they won it :P

Well done thou great game to watch if you don't like defending lol - hopefully it'l be City in the final Dunn V's Barry

Good luck in the final hope you beat anyone of the mank teams as I missed out on wembley for everton as I just could not get a ticket. Hope you win!

mmm i have a slight problem in regard to tickets, The games iv gone to this season, home and away have been bought by a friend, so i have no booking history this year :(

Tickets go to fans with a history in the 09/10 season so far ! which is how it should be, but this could screw me over massively, As my friend who i go to games with cant get a ticket for me, going to have to rely on look ! this is gonna kill me if i cant go :mad:

mmm i have a slight problem in regard to tickets' date=' The games iv gone to this season, home and away have been bought by a friend, so i have no booking history this year :(

Tickets go to fans with a history in the 09/10 season so far ! which is how it should be, but this could screw me over massively, As my friend who i go to games with cant get a ticket for me, going to have to rely on look ! this is gonna kill me if i cant go :mad:[/quote']

Take your mate out for a night on the lash to celebrate reaching Wembley, stick a bit of rohypnol in his drink, before he knows it he's locked in a cage in your loft, you feed him bread and water for a month and a half and in the meantime apply for the ticket in his name and go to Wembley ;)

Don't be too harsh though, at least stick a TV up there so he can see what happens :D

I heard on SSN they're only allocating 31' date='000 places. Also the 27,000 season ticket holders get first dibs.[/quote']

Thats correct, absoloutely disgusting, 31 thousand tickets :rolleyes:

Wembley and the FA are a disgrace, all they care about is giving there bloody corporate sponsors a few thousand seats and money :mad:

Ill probably try get a ticket from a few people i know whohave spent stupid money on wembley season tickets, gonna cost me ALOT though :rolleyes:

Like to congratulate Villa to getting to the Final, although It could've been different had we not decided to stick out a special team against blackburn :D how I envy the Villa Right now, but you've deserved a trophy in the past few years, so good luck.

P.S To the Villa fans I said this to before you got him.. I TOLD YOU MILNER WAS IMMENSE.

He's a beast.

Thats correct' date=' absoloutely disgusting, 31 thousand tickets :rolleyes:

Wembley and the FA are a disgrace, all they care about is giving there bloody corporate sponsors a few thousand seats and money :mad:[/quote']

utter joke but doesnt surprise me one little bit - why they need 28k corporate tickets and for the 'football family' is beyond me - can understand around 10k but that number is a joke

utter joke but doesnt surprise me one little bit - why they need 28k corporate tickets and for the 'football family' is beyond me - can understand around 10k but that number is a joke

I think it might have something to do with the amount of those 10-year tickets they had on sale when the stadium opened in order to claw back some of the building costs.

That on top of sponsors and they always send tickets out to local FA's to allocate means it will be a fair chunk. Also lets not forget all the competition winners from the tele stations and what not :rolleyes:

I think it might have something to do with the amount of those 10-year tickets they had on sale when the stadium opened in order to claw back some of the building costs.

you mean those club wembley seats? pretty sure they dont take up more than a few thousand (if that), and even then there will be a ridiculous number of people getting tickets for opening a can of lager or summat like that

That on top of sponsors and they always send tickets out to local FA's to allocate means it will be a fair chunk. Also lets not forget all the competition winners from the tele stations and what not :rolleyes:

I could talk all day about that Club Wembley shambles. Virtually deserted when we went down for the Playoff final and then for the FA Cup semi we were sat toward the back of the tier below them' date=' and a family of bloody Pompey fans were celebrating their goal just behind us in the CW seats. Absolute farce.

31k sounds about standard, it might be marginally less than we got off the top of my head but in the right ball park. Shouldn't expect any more I suppose, since when have the administrators ever looked after the fans?

Edit: [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8472745.stm[/url]

...Really? He's no Marlon now is he?

Guest 1CapWonder

Were out' date=' gutted, worse thing is Blackburn truely deserve it.:( feel like god dam crying:([/quote']

Imagine how quiet the Holte End went... The fans were unbelievable. Then BANG. 1 down. 2 down.

Hands on heads. Frustrations. I was gone. I was seriously gone. I felt physically sick. For those 5 minutes they put 9 men behind the ball and I couldn't see how we were gonna break them down. I just couldn't see it. I seriously thought we had blown it. Gabby pushed Nelsen but in the context of things, I think Big Sam's a little out of order considering the clear handball we didn't get in the last leg. Perhaps he has forgotten? He had no complaints with the penalty. After that we were pretty dominant. Mind you, even at 5-4 there was an eery feel to it for a couple of minutes.

That said, it was far and away THE best atmosphere I have ever experienced at Villa. Simply breathtaking. The whole of the Holte stood up for the 90 and we were basically non stop all game bar the ridiculous circumstances when we thought we'd messed things up. I remember an incredibly loud Birmingham are you listening, to the song we are singing. IN the 2nd half, the whole ground was on it's feet, everyone was in tune. The noise was unbelievable. I was so proud. Basically stood dancing on my seat in the Holte for the half hour plus after the game. It was surreal when the entire bunch of fans on the pitch came over to the Holte End and we started singing to them, for them to sing back. Also, Adam, if you can, try and get a picture of what the tv's said inside the ground coming out.

"The Game Has Now Ended. Please Exit And Make Your Way To Wembley"

Priceless.

If your struggling with tickets then give me a bell Adam. My mate sorts out the tickets and I sort out getting there so I'll have to see what he can do, but he's got a few sets of booking history and we might be able to help you out if your struggling.

Cheers mate :)

Unbelievable journey home. Got back at like 1.00am. Flags, Scarves, Shirts hanging out the car window. Threatened by Blackburn fans at the service station (never knew my Manc accent was so strong, it could be dictated with a simple F Off :o) and simply knowing that finally, I will be watching my team at Wembley :D

Brilliant.

Randy Lerner is our most valuable asset worth about 900m.:P

Monetary terms aside, MON is the best thing since 'Mickey Dees' to hit Britain.

Tactical genius, smart signings and doesn't have the lunacy or arrogance of Wenger and Ferguson respectively.

Get Moyes as our Assistant manager and suck up the trophies like soup in an old folks' home. ;)

Monetary terms aside' date=' MON is the best thing since 'Mickey Dees' to hit Britain.

Tactical genius, smart signings and doesn't have the lunacy or arrogance of Wenger and Ferguson respectively.

Get Moyes as our Assistant manager and suck up the trophies like soup in an old folks' home. ;)[/quote']

O'Neill is a awesome manager he is a brilliant man manager he always gets the best out of his players.Nothing wrong with lunacy and arrogance mate it hasnt done fergie or wenger any harm has it.:)

O'Neill is a awesome manager he is a brilliant man manager he always gets the best out of his players.Nothing wrong with lunacy and arrogance mate it hasnt done fergie or wenger any harm has it.:)

Neither has the billions of pounds and potential wage bills backing them. Give O'Neill a chance at a United or Arsenal and after 5 years you'd have an improved' date=' or near enough it, club.

Villa, despite Randy aren't financially superior to the likes of Spurs, Birmingham etc, but look what MON's done with his budget. When Spurs are spending [b']£50m+[/b] every Summer, his results look phenomenal!

Neither has the billions of pounds and potential wage bills backing them. Give O'Neill a chance at a United or Arsenal and after 5 years you'd have an improved' date=' or near enough it, club.

Villa, despite Randy aren't financially superior to the likes of Spurs, Birmingham etc, but look what MON's done with his budget. When Spurs are spending [b']£50m+[/b] every Summer, his results look phenomenal!

Actually in fairness, depending on where you read it, he is worth more than 1 billion, and Bham arent as rich as they make out !

Oneil along with Lerner kicked started everything off in recent years, any other manager and i dont think the same rate of development would of occured.

Actually in fairness' date=' depending on where you read it, he is worth more than 1 billion, and Bham arent as rich as they make out ![/quote']

think i've read that of that '£40m transfer warchest' yeung promised them £35m of that is coming from banks loans - sound familiar?

as for who's more important out of lerner and oneil in villa's recent success - both as important as the other tbh - lerner's finance has helped villa a lot (think bob posted on another thread that the net spend over the last 2 seasons is around £60m, which would never have happened under ellis), esp when you consider where they were before he took over (tbh would probably have been in relegation battles under the old regime) and that money has helped build up a squad and oneil's done a good job bringing in players that fit his template for a team (pace out wide, strong, powerful forwards and tough midfielders although IMO he has overspent on a few of the players he brought in) and they've done well to transform the club from bottom 6 to top 6 - the next step is to see if they (more oneil than lerner) can take the club from europa league to champions league and that IMO will show how good oneil really is (i.e. is he capable of getting a team over arguably the biggest hurdle in english football)