• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

A bit of good news for Liverpool and Spurs. Villa must play Arsenal :)

:confused:

Everyone has to play everyone twice you know :confused:;)

Not to mention you got the gunners soon i think.

Is anyone else not a little concerned by the way ?

We have either let go, or excluded from our team ( rightly so ) Shorey (Forest no reopened talks with us ), Harewood (ish) + Gardner ( confirmed today ) and there are rumours about beye leaving, now dont get me wrong they arent the best players in our team, nor do i like them, but our big problem last season was depth, and we are looking like were offloading from not a very big squad and Oneil has said he isnt looking to add. . . . i hope this works out , or am i over worrying ?

Neways, Arsenal tomorrow, Fulham away on sat. 4 points and id be delighted :D

Guest 1CapWonder

You can start to worry when we sell Nicky Shorey, until then we're fine ;) The crippled Harewood is a waste of wages, and Mr "Over the moon to be joining the team I support" can bugger off on a free never mind 3m. His brothers better than him anyway, stingy reject :mad:

You can start to worry when we sell Nicky Shorey' date=' until then we're fine ;) The crippled Harewood is a waste of wages, and Mr "Over the moon to be joining the team I support" can bugger off on a free never mind 3m. His brothers better than him anyway, stingy reject :mad:[/quote']

lol your right, we dont need them ( especially shorey :P ) , but they make up numbers and im worried that if were hit with a injury crisis or a burnout we will need numbers B)

By the way completely agree with you regarding the gardner brothers

took me 2 days but finally ordered my tickets for wembley

Congrats fella, I'm gutted as I don't think ill be going, I just don't have a booking history this season, iv been to games but that's through my friend who has a season ticket so the away games are in his and his mates name. Any other year and I would of had enough booking to go but not this year due to god dam work. Maybe I should ask work if they have tickets for it ? You know the sponsors etc allocated seats does the fa give tickets to football league clubs ?

Congrats on getting to the final lads, not really much I can say.

Would be nice to see you win it against us, for a change that the big teams always win it, and it would set the way for Spurs, Everton, City all those to go and reach it.

Hopefully United win, but would also be nice to see Villa win it, wouldn't mind a trophy coming to Birmingham, can't remember much coming near me. :D

well done for geting through tbh i couldnt care who win.

villa my second favourite team in england.

see you have reaclled shorey but why though and harewood out of 3 monts big miss eh and garderner left was he any good anway?

we recalled shorey as warnock is injured and gardner was nothing special decent squad player.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1CapWonder

This is becoming a farce. Villa keep changing the dates that we can apply and are now putting ridiculous restrictions on who can apply. I doubt there will be hardly any, if at all any tickets on general sale.

We hoped to be able to apply because of our good booking history this year, but it's being restricted to home booking history now!!! I live in bleeding Manchester, tomorrow will be my 6th game at Villa Park this year, which is not a bad return. Take my away booking history into account and you've got more than double that. But they don't give a **** it's all about how many times you've been at home.

They better not mess us around anymore. Worked my butt off to be able to afford to watch Villa this year and I'm working even harder to be able to afford Wembley. It's a joke that I might not even get a ticket.

On to tomorrow, if we play anything like we did against Spurs I'll be asleep in my chair. I wouldn't bet against another 0-0 like last year. That said, I was happy with that last season coming away from the ground. After seeing the same against Arsenal and also Spurs, I'm not so sure if I'll be so happy this time around. I'd like to see us actually go at them instead of relying on Brad, Dunney, Young and Carlos to do the business at the back, carrying the ginge while their at it aswell!

I want to see a performance tomorrow cos I'm fed up of spending my hard earned cash watching a resilient defensive performance with the quality we have at the other end.

COME ON VILLA!

Guest 1CapWonder

Dress rehersal for the final eh lads? I like villa' date=' obviously I want united to win, but it wouldn't be to bad if Villa win if you get me?! Think your a great club, run by a great chairman and a few good players! on that note, how do you lot rate gabby?[/quote']

Cheers mate. As most know I have a soft spot for United of course, and would want them to win every title and cup we can't. However, we really need the victory, and that 1-0 win at your place was one of the sweetest, and simply greatest days of my life :o

Gabby is quick, and IMO improving all the time. He has always scored goals and can finish, though sometimes his shooting is bloody awful. In fairness, he is not as frustrating as he once was. He is becoming more consistent, due to his strength, which he has clearly worked on. He can hold the ball up now, aswell as run in behind, which he is clearly best doing. His pace means you simply can't afford to take him off whenever it's close. Will never be a top player, but I hope he stays with Villa until his legs go :)

Gotta love that miserable, ugly toad ;)

forgive me for been rude' date=' Aston Villa available in the setup im in with 38.4m

WC 4113

id 19790[/quote']

There are loads of Aston Villas available :confused:

This has nothing to do with SM, its about the club, so lets try keep it that way ? ;)

United tomorrow, cant go but will be watching it down the pub no doubt with loads of United fans who have never graced Manc

Guest 1CapWonder

I know its a matter of opinions but before collins got injured he was one of our strongiest performers and has been a rock with dunne so carrying him is a bit harsh.

By stats, we were better at the back without him than we were with him before he returned. That's why he couldn't win his place back. Sods law Warnock gets injured...

By stats' date=' we were better at the back without him than we were with him before he returned. That's why he couldn't win his place back. Sods law Warnock gets injured...[/quote']

Im not as critical of him as you but the most frustrating thing about his game is his distinct lack of composure on the ball !

Im not looking forward to an on form rooney coming up against him !