Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

money_bag_with_dollar_sign.jpg

MONEY MONEY MONEY !

It seems Villa will soon be spending some serious cash. It has emerged that Randy Lerner has told MON not to worry about money, saying if he wants a player for 30 million, he can have that player.

Im delighted with this public baking of Oneil buy Lerner, a truly great business man and Chairman. Not to mention a sports enthusiast. :). So i expect Villa to be busy over the next few weeks :P

Here is the link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_3937189,00.html

Another piece of Good news is that Villa are being heavily linked with Nick Shorey, a player i would love to see at villa, simple as, good player and would fit in well

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I would feel very relieved about the Bouma situation if Shorey were brought in, he is a MUST signing for me.

That article was great, I just hope we can convince some real world-class talent that Villa is the place to be. Goals were not a problem last year so MON really needs to go get two fullbacks and at least one CB. Shorey would be a perfect start. Then add a winger.

As much as I like R.Madrid and hate Chelsea, I want to see Robinho make the move so SWP would be surplus. Our attack would be pretty much complete if we signed him, if Gabby can continue to develop.

We've also been linked with Justin Hoyte and Luke Young today. I would rather have Hoyte for his youth, and he'd be keen on the move since he'd be almost guaranteed a first team spot.

These aren't world-class players but they would make us deeper and therefore better.

We've also been linked with Justin Hoyte and Luke Young today. I would rather have Hoyte for his youth' date=' and he'd be keen on the move since he'd be almost guaranteed a first team spot.

These aren't world-class players but they would make us deeper and therefore better.[/quote']

Middlesbrough and Aston Villa have agreed a fee for Boro right back Luke Young. Currently undisclosed but the fee is believed to be more than the £2.5m they spent to buy him from Charlton.

Middlesbrough and Aston Villa have agreed a fee for Boro right back Luke Young. Currently undisclosed but the fee is believed to be more than the £2.5m they spent to buy him from Charlton.

Id much prefer Young than Hoyte, always been a fan of him, a strong steady premiership defender, no Dani Alves but we need to build a strong base then work upwards.

Apparently a fee in the region of 4 million is believed to be agreed or soon to be for Shorey from Reading, with us being the front runners for his signature.

MON has always been a fan of SWP and id love to have the fellow at our club, I want a commanding centre back at the club next, one with a big profile, and a striker then id be content with the squad, which would still be on the small side.

As you said scot, its a great show of faith from Lerner and i hope that combination can bring better players to villa over the next few years, but if there is anyone who can do that, i believe it is Oneil and Lerner

How bout this for a headline :P

"Rafael Benitez on warpath as Gareth Barry deal falls through"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article4488880.ece

I know it seems all the bridges have been burned but I still want to see Gareth stay. I know it is likely a pipe dream, but if it's at all possible then I'd love to keep him around. His leaving would largely undermine the progress we've made the last two years. And if he must leave, make it ****, cuz I actually like them best of the big four.

Keeper is set, fullback is set, and now we wait for our new CB, winger and striker...

i saw that rumour, but it could be paper talk, but in all honesty, whoeevr the papers have linked with villa with so far, we have either bid for or got. so it looks pretty promising, this would be the step in the right direction imo, with Man City, Spurs and Pompey all spending, we need to aswell.

We need a clinical finisher and santa cruz fits the bill, would be a brillaint addition considering he has been linked with united :eek:

joe_cole.jpg

GOOD GOD ! JOE COLE ?????

I no its only paper talk, but its in a few papers, and villa yet to rubbish the reports, something they are always keen on doing. We are being heavily Linked with a move for Joe cole :eek: aswell as Santa Cruz ! :eek:

The thing is, im obviously holding back as its probably paper talk , but paper talk surrounding villa under oneil is very accurate, Only one i can think off that wasnt was Defoe.

And he fits oneils criteria, English, has Flair etc ! and we need a winger :eek:

It would be a major coup ! i cant see him wanting to come to us that much as we dont have CL, but we heading in the European direction. Only things that we have to offer would be a great manager, guarenteed first team football, would be the club star player. and we are a club on the up.

Apparently Joe cole would be available, or interested in a move because of the arrival of Deco, and the imminent arrival of Robinho and possibly kaka, which would mean he would be surplus to requirements, a bid of 18 million is apparently what would be needed.

The sources where this has started from is in London.

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MediaWatchDetail/0,,10265~1362542,00.html

thank god MON woke from his slumber, im really excited for this season now and our team is starting to look quite strong, if we can get a good RM/RW (either milner or lennon for me) and another striker (santa cruz would be epic) then we could quite easily push for that 4th spot.

also looks like we should be keeping barry so things are great atm

anyway gonna salivate over this dream start up....

-----------friedel----------

young-laursen-cuellar-shorey

milner--sidwell-barry--young

------santacruz-carew------

and if things need changing up

---reocoker-sidwell-barry-----

-----------young---------

thank god MON woke from his slumber' date=' im really excited for this season now and our team is starting to look quite strong, if we can get a good RM/RW (either milner or lennon for me) and another striker (santa cruz would be epic) then we could quite easily push for that 4th spot.

also looks like we should be keeping barry so things are great atm

anyway gonna salivate over this dream start up....

milner--sidwell-barry--young

and if things need changing up

---reocoker-sidwell-barry-----

-----------young---------

------santacruz-carew------[/quote']

Wheres Gabby in that? I dont think Villa need a forward. They can buy one if they want but they arent desperate. I think a RM plus some cover for all positions should do it. Id sell the fringe players such as Routledge, Taylor but keep Gardner, cos hes versatile.

yeah im delighted with that line up, but we thats if we sign cruz, and i still reckon we need a winger, then we can rotate players depending on form and the needs of a formation.

:D :D Good times, after years of being a sleeping giant, so to speak, villa looking like they are starting to awake !

Bringing in good players, and hopefully more are to come.

The J.Cole talk HAS TO BE paper rubbish.....right? right? :eek::D

He is a regular starter for the third best club team in the world (behind Man U and R.Madrid IMO) and second best club in England...why would he come to Villa? I realize Deco is in...if Robinho joins too, then just maybe it's possible.

well once again today we have been linked with Joe cole, but apparently sources close to the midfield ace have said they he has rubbished any move to villa.

On a brighter note we signed a good CB, and on an even brighter note, we are once again, continuously being linked with Shaun Wright Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz and James Milner, although ill doubt we will get both midfielders, just the one will do ;)

[quote name=On a brighter note we signed a good CB' date=' and on an even brighter note, we are once again, continuously being linked with Shaun Wright Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz and James Milner, although ill doubt we will get both midfielders, just the one will do ;)[/quote]

The Cole rumors did seem to obscure the Cuellar signing, which I am totally geeked about. He will be a regular next to Laursen. I like our 4 CBs now, and I think Gardner or NRC could fill in adequately at RB in case of emergency. Defense is done, as far as I'm concerned.

I would take either midfielder as well, SWP is the big name but I have liked Milner for a while now, ever since we had him on loan. Either player would fit right in.