• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

The jeb ends on facebook are changing their status to victory ones' date=' none of whome have been to [b']manc airport let alone OT[/b].

I hate everything United stand for and i hate their fans. (90%)

Agree, half of the fans their today will be cotneys and the statuses on FB, you ask them who scored? "I don't know."

Well done anyway Villa, although you got beat you prooved your fans proud! U.N.I.T.E.D thats spells lots of debt to me! :D

Unlucky Villa' date=' absoloutely gutted for you. I hate Man Utd so much. I felt most decisions went Uniteds way (no surprises there), Vidic should have been sent off. Villa, definitely gave United a good game and they should be proud of themselves.[/quote']

Can't say much about Vidic not being sent of as Collins could have been sent of a few minutes later. United still got a lot of decsions though; what's new?

Can't say much about Vidic not being sent of as Collins could have been sent of a few minutes later. United still got a lot of decsions though; what's new?

Yeah ok . . .

A red . . what on earth was you watching, wasnt a goal scoring opportunity, wasnt in the box, wasnt running towards goal.

Vidic should of got sent off, and Collins was a yellow.

Yeah ok . . .

A red . . what on earth was you watching' date=' wasnt a goal scoring opportunity, wasnt in the box, wasnt running towards goal.

Vidic should of got sent off, and Collins was a yellow.[/quote']

Wasn't really watching. Just heard the bald guy on SSN say it so assumed he should have been. Ya know, considering how pundits never get anything wrong and all.

Wasn't really watching. Just heard the bald guy on SSN say it so assumed he should have been. Ya know' date=' considering how pundits never get anything wrong and all.[/quote']

Sorry mate, just gutted, didnt mean to come across really harshly, that pundit is the only pundit iv heard that has said Collins should of got a red, my guess is he is a United fan.

Absoloutely devastated now.

Nothing but sympathy for Villa :( . Dowd simply bottled it. Only yesterday we saw an identical incident with Chelsea going down to 10 men against City. 24hrs later the same challenge (worse if anything) is not even punished with a yellow card. Conceding so soon after you goal was also perhaps key, but I guess it's not really the time for in-depth analysis yet. Must be gutting because it was a pretty even game overall. But what a difference that decision would have made. Heart goes out to your fans and players, because it's a horrible way to lose out on the chance of a trophy (where the referee makes such a glaring error - universally accepted by all).

Sorry mate' date=' just gutted, didnt mean to come across really harshly, that pundit is the only pundit iv heard that has said Collins should of got a red, my guess is he is a United fan.

Absoloutely devastated now.[/quote']

The bald guy on SSN was Alan Wright so I don't think he's a United fan ;)

Dowd simply didn't have the guts to send off a Man Utd player 5 minutes into a cup final. Insane decision, especially given some of the yellow cards he then went on to dole out....

That said Villa still had a 1 goal lead and it could be argued Dunne's error was the actual turning point of the game....I don't expect Villa fans to consider that right now. Disappointed for you and especially Martin O'Neill who I think deserves a trophy.

Guest 1CapWonder

Ok, I've just got back from the game, just flicked through this lot. Someone summed it up perfectly:

Dowd Bottled It.

I don't know what else to say. He gave us NOTHING first half. NOTHING. And I mean that. Vidic wasn't even carded? Are you serious? I mean, really are you being serious? Is that not a goalscoring opportunity? Is that not even a bookable offence? I couldn't give a toss about trying not to ruin the game, laws are laws. That's my first point on that matter. EVERY United fan coming out of the ground said he should have gone, and they were at that end. If it's a penalty, it's a red card. Sorry, we were robbed in that sense.

Secondly, what was with the inconsistency? Rafael got away with an accumulation of fouls, Carrick wasn't booked for that foul and clearly Vidic wasn't punished, yet Collins and Downing were? I'm not saying ours weren't bookings but at least show a bit of consistency. I was livid first half, livid with what was going on, and it spoilt the game for me, especially, like I said, in that first half.

Second half, United were the better team, I have no doubt about that. Hit the woodwork twice in the game, scored a great goal via Rooney. Owen's finish was neat even if Duninho mucked things up. I'm not going to bemoan him, he's been a rock all year.

MON simply has to drop Collins now. He can't play with the ball at his feet. 2 ridiculous mistakes, one where he just passed to their player, and the other which was cringworthy, gifting United other opportunities. He won his fair share of headers, but as far as I'm concerned, they are not header Carlos Cuellar wouldn't win. Cuellar cannot distribute the ball. The fella can't play a 5 yard pass. I love him, but he needs to be in the middle. We have Youngy on the bench, a recognised right back who never makes a mistake. Yet we'd rather play CC there and that stupid Welsh git through the middle. Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

That's the negatives, on the plus side, Ashley Young is hitting form. Why? Because he is running at pace again. When he runs at pace he causes problems. He's struggled recentley because his "ability to deliver" has got to his head, and he thinks he's better than he is. Well if your crossing is off, get back to what your there for. Running at the full back at pace. Somebody summed it up brilliantly behind me today. Ashley Young is a good player, if he stayed on his feet he'd be brilliant. If he added a stone to his weight, he'd be world class.

Petrov and Milner worked incredibly hard. Downing is improving but we wasted £12m on him. He knows it aswell, MON knows it. Heskey was better today. Whatever you say, he holds the ball up really well, and he started to mix it up a bit. Turning his man, first time layoffs. It was better. Carew was good when he came on but that change should and could have happened earlier.

Now, Gabby Agbonlahor. Whilst I have criticised him in the past, I have always said he is effective, and he needs to be on the pitch. Well now, he is becoming a top, top striker. He was incredible today, I really mean that. He is holding the ball up aswell as anybody right now. His strength is unquestionable, he has clearly worked on his touch and quickness of feet. He's always had pace. I am beginning to really, really like him as a forward and credit to him for getting his head down, working hard and improving. Shame the same can't be said about Ashley.

To end, our fans were brilliant today. "Are you Norwich in disguise" "Your supposed to be at home" and "You only live round the corner" made me chuckle. United made it seem like a regularity. No excitement from their fans, barely a noise until they led. We were brilliant. Credit to everyone there. We sang our hearts out and the key was the final whistle. Whilst United clapped their players, we sang ours off the pitch. We were singing after Dowd blew his bent whistle. Not United. Villa. Top class, great day and I'm proud of our players. The fat man in the middle bottled it, and we lost the football match. I stand by that.

Robbed. We deserved it simply from the fact we came out and played, matched them, outsang them, and should have played 84 minutes with 1 man more...

I really wanted vills to win today. I was actually gutted when rooney scored. I know what all you villa fans are feeling right now having been 1-0 up in a final and then loosing it.(I am an Everton Fan). If you are in the FA Cup i think you could easily win that and I hope you do as I really hope Chelsea dont win it again.

As much as im gutted, and i really am.

This is a step forward, we were unlucky today, if the ref had two balls inbetween his legs, we would of played against a 10 man united.

If Owen didnt pull up like a little girl that he is , maybe Rooney would of come on later :D

If Collins wasnt a ginger donkey maybe we would of been more solid :P

However, were still going in the right direction, we need to push on in the FA cup, the draw thus far has been kind.

And make our game in hand count, the summer will be important, changes need to be made. Money has to be spent.

• 2 weeks later...

So

Jonny Carew sent us through ! With a second half hattrick, gotta love the big fella. Certainly is more effective than heskey. Did any of you see heskeys one on one, he hit it straight at the keeper . . . . baffles me.

Anyways, Semi Finals vs Chelsea. If you want to win the FA cup your going to have to beat a great team along the way, why not in the semis :) Im confident as i can be !

PS, Liverpool 3 points infront of us, with us having 3 games in hand. Also have a game in hand against Spurs, if we win, we go infront of em

:D

So

Jonny Carew sent us through ! With a second half hattrick' date=' gotta love the big fella. Certainly is more effective than heskey. Did any of you see heskeys one on one, he hit it straight at the keeper . . . . baffles me.

Anyways, Semi Finals vs Chelsea. If you want to win the FA cup your going to have to beat a great team along the way, why not in the semis :) Im confident as i can be !

PS, Liverpool 3 points infront of us, with us having 3 games in hand. Also have a game in hand against Spurs, if we win, we go infront of em

:D[/quote']

went to the game on sunday and both carew and heskey were awful in the first half they looked disintrested and the game just passed them by with out them breaking a sweat but in the second half they were transformed carew was plucking balls out of the air, controlling them and rolling the defender he could of had four when the corner came in and he tried to tap it with the outside of his right boot when he really should of put his foot through it with his left but hey we won so no complaints.

you could just tell heskey was never going to score the 1-1 he didnt look confifent.

not sure if ill be able to make the semi i have a season ticket but funds are tight and paying 110 pound for coach and ticket is a bit too expensive for me at this time but you never know i might win the lottery(unlikly)

went to the game on sunday and both carew and heskey were awful in the first half they looked disintrested and the game just passed them by with out them breaking a sweat but in the second half they were transformed carew was plucking balls out of the air' date=' controlling them and rolling the defender he could of had four when the corner came in and he tried to tap it with the outside of his right boot when he really should of put his foot through it with his left but hey we won so no complaints.

you could just tell heskey was never going to score the 1-1 he didnt look confifent.

not sure if ill be able to make the semi i have a season ticket but funds are tight and paying 110 pound for coach and ticket is a bit too expensive for me at this time but you never know i might win the lottery(unlikly)

I dont think anyone was particuarly great first half so ill give them that ;)

Regarding the Heskey one on one, he did well to stand on his feet, i half expected him to buckle as he usually does or like his oaf like self just get tackled, some how he stuttered through and put together a really poor shot, it was not a chip or **** ( which is acceptable straight at the keeper as long as it goes over :rolleyes: ) or a shot to the side of the keeper using pace or placement, was a truely poor shot. Very very poor technique, i dont care how low on confidence that dusch is, or how he isnt a prolific striker, he should score that or at least put together a better shot.

Well . . . ill 100% be working on the semi, but the gaffa has already said i can go to the final, and he will get me a ticket if we get there :P

Phyliss Dowd said he didn't want to " ruin the game " by sending off someone 5 minutes into the game, absolutely ridiculous and beyond a joke.

This is MON on what Graham Poll said “The reason he gave was that he didn’t feel it was a goalscoring opportunity. I don’t know how he arrived at that decision."

That is Graham poll defending phyliss.

It really is bloody disgusting and i don't think phyliss will be coming to VP anytime soon, and in fact I really don't think he should referee again, disgraceful.

On a brighter note bring on the Chelski, tough tough match but at least we're there

UTV

Guest 1CapWonder

Off to the game. I have a feeling it's shirts under coats for the first time ever today. Didn't go last year but from what I hear, it's a unique atmosphere. Looking forward to it. If we can stay strong against these (even with Collins at the back) then we have broken the March duck and can push on with confidence. We are in a cracking position in the league, still without doing anything out of the ordinary. I'm going in with confidence today.

COME ON THE VILLA!

I dont think we have played particularly well tonight but we held onto this, and this wis is a very very important one.

Good old reliable Jimmy Milner :D

A) Oneil breaks his duck for not ever winning a match in March with Villa.

B) We dont lose ground on Liverpool, meaning we can put our 2 ( i think its two now ) game advantage to use.

Wolves next at home, expect the three points. Might be a derby but they were scabby against us last time round and really do lack any real quality, any thing but a win and ill be peeved and gutted.

After that is Sunderland, we have areal opportunity to grab 6 points here and we need to do it, because come end of the month we have Chelski at the bridge !

with the fixture list you have you should get 4th (man city and spurs will crumble very soon) but was fairly calm seeing oneill record in march' date=' but now thats gone...[/quote']

I literally just this second looked out our fixture list

we have after Wolves, Sunderland & Chelsea

Bolton (A)

Portsmouth (A)

Scum (H)

Man City (A)

Blackburn (H)

No we are better than all of the teams we have to face bar arguably City & Chelsea.

We seriously need to win the next two games, and beat Scum and Blackburn and simply get as much as we can from the away games. We do have a real chance of 4th, id check cities and spurs fixtures but i cba