Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Just got in from the game. Can't really take much from it, but happy with the 3 points. Milner was unbelievable 2nd half. Downing should take a leaf out of his book, when he gave the ball away late on and didn't even bother tracking back, my god I could shoot him. Can't stand his attitude at times, and it's got to improve. He's not good enough right now. Not for £12m.

Carew was good. Collins has had 2 good games on the bounce but yet again, made a mistake late on that could cost us. Warnock had a nightmare first half. Didn't see Cuellar get into their half once all game of note. Why he is still at RB I have no idea. He's a CB, and the best in Scotland during his one season there.

Once again, I lose my voice screaming at incompetent refs. Dowd at Wembley. Kevin Friend on Saturday first half, and Bennett today 2nd half. It's a joke, it really has been and I don't understand why either...

Anyway, nothing to drastic. I'm happy. 3 points, ground on Liverpool. We won't get 4th. Said it all year, because we have simply not played well all season. If we manage to get 4th this year, without ever carving a team open or playing a decent game of football on the deck, then the sky really is ours. It's just not possible IMO, mind you, Liverpool might do just that...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Guest 1CapWonder

what happened to luke young??

Not picked. It's a joke mate, it really is. You have 2 recognised right backs in Young and Beye in our squad, fit and raring, yet week in week out, whoever we play be it Brighton or Chelsea, he picks Cuellar at RB, who can play a simple 5 yard pass, and that donkey Collins down the middle, who is prone to at least one if not 2, 3 or 4 errors a game. I'm tired of it, and it's rubbish. We are grinding out results because our defence can deal with long balls in the box last 10 minutes, so if we get a lead, we are sound.

Gabby makes the difference up top. He really is turning into a top, top striker. I take back a lot of what I have said about him. He's more of a football player now, not just a runner.

I really like Luke Young and for the love of money i cant see what he has done wrong to be ousted, Cuellar is a top top player, but shove him CB and sack of Collins, incompetent fool.

I know as depressing as it sounds, we will probably not get 4th, but we do have a chance, certainly gotta turn things round though. Cheers for your opinion Elliot, always welcome it B)

Guest 1CapWonder

I really like Luke Young and for the love of money i cant see what he has done wrong to be ousted' date=' Cuellar is a top top player, but shove him CB and sack of Collins, incompetent fool.

I know as depressing as it sounds, we will probably not get 4th, but we do have a chance, certainly gotta turn things round though. Cheers for your opinion Elliot, always welcome it B)[/quote']

Fans were great tonight mate, you would have been proud. Banter was brilliant.

Not picked. It's a joke mate' date=' it really is.[/quote']

the only other thing i can think of is maybe the incident with his brother is still affecting him? although doesnt explain beye's absense

Gabby makes the difference up top. He really is turning into a top' date=' top striker. I take back a lot of what I have said about him. He's more of a football player now, not just a runner.[/quote']

is it more on the technical side that he's improved? one thing i noticed earlier this year is that he doesnt seem to have improved a great deal on the technical side from when i first remembered him from 2-3 years ago, but if he has then fair play to him

Guest 1CapWonder

is it more on the technical side that he's improved? one thing i noticed earlier this year is that he doesnt seem to have improved a great deal on the technical side from when i first remembered him from 2-3 years ago' date=' but if he has then fair play to him[/quote']

His strength mate. He can hold the ball up just as well as Heskey and Carew now. It's such a plus, especially when he plays up front on his own. It seems to me the runs he is making are better, and more intelligent. He's certainly improved his heading, and that has helped with his finishing too. On the technical side, I think he is improving. His first touch is much better and his decision making has rapidly improved. He will never be a classy player, in terms of turning or shifting the ball or skinning someone, but he is just turning into a top striker that we couldn't do without right now in all honesty.

Same old Villa ?

:confused:

Bottled it.

Dont have the squad' date=' we need to get some new faces in simple as. There are a few players in our team that are simply to one dimensional and dont offer something different[/quote']

or oneill could rotate a bit more during the season to prevent the annual aston villa march burnout

Guest 1CapWonder

or oneill could rotate a bit more during the season to prevent the annual aston villa march burnout

Couldn't agree more with this.

So i see this "big club" still can't win the milk cup :P

Milk cup is well over rated, costs to much money for most academies to go to anyway.

Not to fussed if we win some youth tourny anyway :P

1-1 with Chelsea, Carew continues his great scoring form and eqalises. Im preying we can do something.

milk cup is well over rated' date=' costs to much money for most academies to go to anyway.

[b']1-1 with chelsea[/b], carew continues his great scoring form and eqalises. Im preying we can do something.

jink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Milk cup is well over rated' date=' costs to much money for most academies to go to anyway.

1-1 with Chelsea, Carew continues his great scoring form and eqalises. Im preying we can do something.[/quote']

You jsut have - shame it was let a goal in thou

Mate i'd appreciate if you only comment if you know anything about villa.

he's been one of our better performers this season.

Yeah his outstanding passes to the opposition and his inability to play football are top draw.

Most frustrating player in our team. By a long shot.

I'd give that to petrov brings nothing gets the ball and passes it sideways or backwords quite frustrating really.

So him keeping the ball, is more frustrating than Collins putting unnessacary pressure by having the touch of a rapist, and footballing ability of a tool

The guy is a great defender, just cant control or pass a ball. When i say great defender he does the last ditch things good, slide tackling, blocks, headers. Cant do naff all else.

Petrov has to take a back seat attacking wise, its his job to get the ball and spray it to the more attacking players.

So him keeping the ball' date=' is more frustrating than Collins putting unnessacary pressure by having the touch of a rapist, and footballing ability of a tool

The guy is a great defender, just cant control or pass a ball. When i say great defender he does the last ditch things good, slide tackling, blocks, headers. Cant do naff all else.

Petrov has to take a back seat attacking wise, its his job to get the ball and spray it to the more attacking players.[/quote']

I wouldnt say spray it he can just about give it to the full back, i dont see his role he hasnt got the engine to be a DM and cannot score goals for toffee. We need someone in palacios's role like reo-coker id rather have him in my team than Petrov.