Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

I wouldnt say spray it he can just about give it to the full back' date=' i dont see his role he hasnt got the engine to be a DM and cannot score goals for toffee. We need someone in palacios's role like reo-coker id rather have him in my team than Petrov.[/quote']

Spray ?

Just another word for pass it about. I like Petrov, and although i think he has gone off the boil this year (2010) i thought he was top draw before hand.

Goals has never been part of his game whilst at Villa. We shouldnt be relying on him when we have umpteen attacking midfielders / wingers and forwards.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

I wouldnt say spray it he can just about give it to the full back' date=' i dont see his role he hasnt got the engine to be a DM and cannot score goals for toffee. We need someone in palacios's role like reo-coker id rather have him in my team than Petrov.[/quote']

A holding players priority on the ball should be to keep it, first and foremost. A good holding player will do this quicker and smarter than your basic ones will, Petrov fulfils that remit handily, considering it's probably not where he'd choose to play.

His role is totally different to Palacios' as well. The expectations placed on him on the ball is a lot less demanding that Petrov's, because of the clever passers and technical players Tottenham fill their midfield with. Petrov has more of the burden placed on him with regards to keeping things ticking over, because as effective as Villa's midfield is, it's not overrun with clever and intelligent ballplayers. Reo-Coker would be found out horribly on the ball in MON's current system, he's nowhere near good enough to launch the counter attacks you thrive on successfully. Very, very limited on the ball.

Spray ?

Just another word for pass it about. I like Petrov' date=' and although i think he has gone off the boil this year (2010) i thought he was top draw before hand.

Goals has never been part of his game whilst at Villa. We shouldnt be relying on him when we have umpteen attacking midfielders / wingers and forwards.[/quote']

ohh yes because downing and heskey are know for there goal scoring abilty arent they.

anyway these are just opinions.:D

ohh yes because downing and heskey are know for there goal scoring abilty arent they.

anyway these are just opinions.:D

Didnt actually say Heskey and Downing scored did i, i said the attacking should be left to the wingers / AM's & forwards we have.

Rokos jusitification hits the nail on the head, we would be over run if Reo had a starting role week in week out.

We always get a spanking, last year liverpool now these. 2 things i can take from this.

1) I hope it helps United miss out on title.

2) They get complacent in Fa cup.

Both probably aint gonna happen.

:mad:

Embarrased aint the word.

God i hate our end of season collapses.

Disgusted.

Absoloutely disgusted.

Each and everyone of our team should hang their god dam heads.

So so angry, no excuses, were pap.

All im saying, because what i truelly want to say will get me banned. Swear to god i hope no little tit of a chelsea fan from Exeter etc comes on here giving it large.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What the hell is this, do they have no pride. so annoyed. so so annoyed.

Need investement, and no im not just saying it because were getting spanked., butwe do, were to one dimensional, and some players aint good enough for the aspirations we have. Im honestly gutted, fuming. Im off. Beers and other things need to take my mind of this.

I'd like to see O'Neill get some criticism for this. I've got nothing against the man, I DO think he is a very talented manager and has done a good job for you but it is frustrating to see how the man seems to have a force field around him protecting him from ANY media criticism. Especially frustrating as a Liverpool fan since Rafa gets criticised for everything from his beard to things out of his hands. I know he can do odd things, wrong things, but the way he gets crucified and someone like O'Neill, (who, let me say this again, I respect) who gets lauded as a master motivator constantly, who works on a small budget (not true) has allowed his team to collapse like this twice consecutively. I'm not even saying it is HIS fault, God knows the players need to take some responsibility and the size of your squad is a big factor but I'd just like to see some balance in the media for once.

I know this doesn't matter to you Villa fans and probably isn't something that is going to cheer you up :P but I just thought it needed saying.

I'd like to see O'Neill get some criticism for this. I've got nothing against the man' date=' I DO think he is a very talented manager and has done a good job for you but it is frustrating to see how the man seems to have a force field around him protecting him from ANY media criticism. Especially frustrating as a Liverpool fan since Rafa gets criticised for everything from his beard to things out of his hands. I know he can do odd things, wrong things, but the way he gets crucified and someone like O'Neill, (who, let me say this again, I respect) who gets lauded as a master motivator constantly, who works on a small budget (not true) has allowed his team to collapse like this twice consecutively. I'm not even saying it is HIS fault, God knows the players need to take some responsibility and the size of your squad is a big factor but I'd just like to see some balance in the media for once.

I know this doesn't matter to you Villa fans and probably isn't something that is going to cheer you up :P but I just thought it needed saying.[/quote']

He gets a bit more stick in the locals than he does nationally. Not so much the one out of Birmingham who are a bit sycophantic because the need the club onside, but the wider Midlands/Black Country lot give him some stick. Particularly on his Daily Mail recruitment policy (British jobs for British workers) and pig headedness in regards to resting key players.

It's mostly lazy journalism I think, half of what happens outside of London and the North West (and the occasional self-implosion in Newcastle) doesn't register. As you say it doesn't awful lot of digging to work out that he's spent an awful lot of money, and yet it's hardly ever talked about.

I agree entirely for what it's worth. I wouldn't suggest he's anything but a very good manager, but along with Benitez he's the best manager working in this country with glaringly obvious faults that they seemingly refuse to acknowledge and correct. His refusal to rest players or look abroad for players is just bizarre, and for the amount of money he's spent he should probably have a deeper squad by now, for me.

Guest 1CapWonder

On Petrov.

I'd give that to petrov brings nothing gets the ball and passes it sideways or backwords quite frustrating really.

On Collins.

Mate i'd appreciate if you only comment if you know anything about villa.

he's been one of our better performers this season.

Ok, I'd like to open with how quite disgusted I am with these comments. I'm not saying you don't go and watch us play but from the looks of it, you are talking as if you watch TV (i.e don't look at what happens off the ball and not just on it, regarding both Collins and Petrov) and you go by whatever the newspapers, media or whatever are saying about our club. James Collins is not worth £5m. He was not worth it when we paid for him and he's not worth it now. He had a good game against Stoke the other week, and he was solid bar a mistake or 2 against Wigan. His distribution is appaling. His last ditch challenges have been aplenty this year I'll had him that, but on reflection, around 75% of those challenges have been him getting back in from his own mistake. He is poor off the ball and at times he scares me to death by coming out of his pocket, or ball watching in the box. He is a good defender to those who watch highlights. To us proper fans who actually watch our team inside out week in week out, he's a nightmare. The proper Villa fans I meet at the grounds agree. I'm sorry.

Re: Petrov. In the big games, he has single handedly carried us through. I remember his epic contribution at Old Trafford, when his running, coolness in possession, and sheer leadership led us through. At Wigan he was brilliant. Again, full of running in that position he occupies. Technically, he is excellent (eg) Derby halfway line) and he hasn't lost any of that. He keeps possession of the football. I'm a big fan of NRC, but to play him in Stan's possession would be a tactical nightmare. His choice and range of pass are simply not as good, and why I like Stan is because he's full of running in the areas he needs to be. He's strong, and he keeps the ball when it needs to be kept. Do you honestly expect him to be threading through balls in front of the opposition midfield 4? I'm sorry, that's hardly even possible. I'm totally flabbergasted by your comments Matty, opinions or not and I'd like to see you actually answer me with something appropriate and not so ridiculous.

MON doesn't get bad press? Well Villa fans give him a hard time. We are too harsh on him. The booing at Wolves was atrocious, but standards are high and many think MON isn't reaching them. He has got things wrong, no doubt. If I was the media, I'd criticise him. If I was an opposition fan, I'd probably criticise him. But he's my manager, and I love the guy. I'm fully prepared to moan and explain his mistakes till dawn, but it's not something I want to do, because he gives it his all, and he's worked wonders with our football club on reflection. He gives it everything and I literally, and honestly, would not want anyone else, even if it means losing 7-1 to Chelsea every now and again. Wins and moments like those at OT and the CC will stay with me forever, thanks to MON.

Today I was embarrased. Couldn't afford the journey down to London (considering I'm from Manchester especially) so I went to support Dale instead. A mixed day for me. I'm loving life at both clubs right now, but to hear todays result was embarrasing. A few of the regulars I see at Spotland gave me stick, and I actually got really frustrated today. I don't care who you are, in what division, you should never truly honestly lose a game 7-1. Somethings wrong and it needs sorting. I could give you a long list, but right now I just want to support my team to the best of my abilities. I will be at the reebok next Saturday and I'll be giving it my all. I can only hope those 11 players out there will be putting in as much effort. I know O'Neill will.

Guest 1CapWonder

The amount of time and cash he's had now though maybe its time to replace him :eek:

Joking aside it's a fair comment I suppose?...

But I wouldn't :)

Disgusted.

Absoloutely disgusted.

Each and everyone of our team should hang their god dam heads.

So so angry' date=' no excuses, were pap.

All im saying, because what i truelly want to say will get me banned. Swear to god i hope no little tit of a chelsea fan from Exeter etc comes on here giving it large.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/quote']

I agree Adamski. :)

Talksport started the rumours and theres a piece on Daily Mirror as well. Something to do with the lack of money and Lerner wanting to trim the squad:eek:. Would be surprised if it's true especially with a Cup semi looming...

times are saying its false, but the 'sell to buy' thing was something that was mentioned a while ago by marcotti (think i posted it here) so it wouldnt shock me if lerner wants to cut back, esp as he doesnt want to pay big money for bilge (£8m for reo-coker, £4m harewood, £5m collins etc)

oh, and about 8 years that fat imbicile on the morning show claimed he'd seen a contract for martin oneill to become the liverpool manager when there wasnt even the slightest bit of contact, so as usual tabloid garbage from them trying to get idiots to call off and slag off/backside kiss oneill