• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Aston Villa have been linked with Man City's Michael Johnson. Although he's a great talent, I dont think thats what Villa needed. Hes an attacking-minded CM, Sidwell and Barry are that, plus with Young and Gabby being attacking minded, they preferably need a defence minded CM. I still believe a winger is the main priority, Milner or Stephen Ireland.

Scot, i can understand what your saying about the rumours of Joe cole, but i can assure you, here in the midlands ! home of aston villa, it hasnt over whelmed the signing of Cuellar.

Every one , is happy, and he has had a lot to say concerning his ambitions and aims etc.

GK - Friedal + Guzan

D - Shorey, Young, Bouma, Lauresen, Davies, Cuellar Knight.

M - Petrov, Young, Barry, Reo Coker, Sidwell, gardner, Maloney, Routledge

F - Carew, Gabby and Harewood.

Looking at that, our main bulk of our squad ( we do have some youth players in the senior squad i believe ) , we need a star striker, Roque Santa Cruz would fit the bill nicely.

Goal keepers and defenders were are good i believe, but in midfield i still reckon a CM wouldnt be a bad buy , Id be happy with Micheal Johnson, aslong as we sign either shaun wright phillips or Milner.

Villa win 4-1 and BARRY PLAYED. I know this doesn't completely rule out a move but he is now cup-tied. I can only assume he is playing Sunday as well.

Man City got flat-out rejected in their Santa Cruz bid. Didn't hear what the amount bid was though.

My heart says Gareth is staying :D :D :D . If that is the case then MON is just brilliant, didn't let Pool tell him who to sell and for how much. I've kept hearing from Pool fans online saying "oh Villa is stupid for thinking he is worth 18m, they should let him go he is unsettled blah blah". It doesn't matter what Pool thinks he is worth, he is under contract so it only matters what he is worth TO VILLA and nobody came with the cash. Good day for football, in my view.

I reakon with some good wins against the other teams and us not conceeding as many goals as lst yr, we can break into the top 4 but we would need another striker, winger and if barry goes, :eek: a replacement for him!

i belive in MON bcs he did g8 things @ leicester and celtic!

we could evn get 2 th quaters or semi's of europe!

but we may have to wait for a year to show our full potential becuase we have a relli young team and we will become great again this is when the sleeping giant awakens!!!!!:);) !

4-2 final score

Aston Villa 4-2 Manchester City

Villa Park staged a six goal thriller as Aston Villa beat Manchester City 4-2 in the Barclays Premier League.

Gabriel Agbonlahor scored an eight-minute hat-trick as Villa thrilled their home supporters in their Barclays Premier League opener against Mark Hughes' City side.

Agbonlahor was left out of the England squad by Fabio Capello for Wednesday's friendly against the Czech Republic - but took out any disappointment on City, in devastating fashion.

John Carew opened the scoring in the second half before Elano netted the equaliser for City. Three quick fire goals from Agbonlahor came before Daniel Sturridge scored a consolation for the away side.

we need a prolific striker' date=' such as Santa Cruz,who were being heavily linked with, i also reckon another winger such as Wright phillips or Milner. Then just some promising players, i reckon this year we need to consolodate our top 6 finish[/quote']

Looks like we already have a prolific striker, 3 goals in 7 minutes ;)

What a game today, we were in a totally different class than City. Still looked confused in the back at times but I'll chalk that up to having 2 (basically 3) new players there.

Could have had 5-6 goals easy. And City didn't deserve the penalty. Total domination.

brilliant game today, shame they scored the 2nd so late when we went to sleep (scored it just as i was walking down the steps to leave :rolleyes:) and had a penalty that looked well dodgy (will be checking it out later on match of the day) but im extremely happy with our performance today.

only thing i think we need now is a RW/RM, its the only thing that leaves us un balanced (as reocoker keeps drifting into midfield), either milner/lennon/valencia/SWP would do me, so lots of options out there.

Man City's Defence Was Laugable Today (Reminds Me Of Us Last Year:mad:), May Be It's Down To Those Horrid Orange Away Shirts.:rolleyes: Agbonglahor & Carew Linked Well Today And It Looks Like If You Keep Barry And Sign A Back-Up Striker You Should Be In A Fight For The Top 6.:)

Wow, you guys really did have a good game against Man City. You guys played really well and Man Ctiy defended pretty horribily. Brilliant stuff on the part of both Carew and Agbonglahor. Both played really well. The link up play between them was really good. Sopme more results like this and you guys will be in for a real good seaon. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Villa fans rejoice MON has landed the Millner, what do we think?? I heard he was playing well so he could move away from St James Park but he was good for us during his loan spell. I reckon he will be great. Any thoughts?

Also news that we face Litex Lovech of Bulgaria in the 1st round, now forgive me for being dumb but i thought we would have the group stages now so when does that begin!

I think Milner was a great signing. He fits in perfectly. I am reading at the moment that we may be in for Dean Ashton today, another player I like a lot and someone who would partner well with Gabby.

In fact I've about had it with Carew. Can't believe he didn't put away that goal yesterday. I have less and less faith in him all the time. He is big and strong but he doesn't play like it, he gets pushed around by smaller players.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of great away wins for the Villa this week I thought versus Spurs and WBA. The season's looking good (except the defeat at Stoke!), I think 5th is what we should be aiming for, don't see why we can't get it?

I've done a post on my expectations of Villa rating changes in the next English rating reviews, it would be good if some of you added your own views at http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=398182#post398182

I'd be really interested in seeing what other Villa fans thought.

A couple of great away wins for the Villa this week I thought versus Spurs and WBA. The season's looking good (except the defeat at Stoke!)' date=' I think 5th is what we should be aiming for, don't see why we can't get it?

I've done a post on my expectations of Villa rating changes in the next English rating reviews, it would be good if some of you added your own views at [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=398182#post398182[/url]

I'd be really interested in seeing what other Villa fans thought.

Bestpay your rating predictions were spot-on IMO. I hope you are right on every single one. I think SM will overlook a few players, but the core of the squad will all get rises.

Things are going well for the Villa, haven't been too many posts on here lately :confused:

Carew.... Carew.... Carew is on FIRE!!!

I think he should get a rise to 91.... He is proving himself in the Premiership... He is a great player, I have always thought that....

I just don't understand why James Milner moved to Villa to sit on the bench and get half an hour now and again....?

A great choice with how poor Newcastle are atm, but I'm, a bit disappointed he cant break into the Villa first 11....

Carew.... Carew.... Carew is on FIRE!!!

I think he should get a rise to 91.... He is proving himself in the Premiership... He is a great player' date=' I have always thought that....

I just don't understand why James Milner moved to Villa to sit on the bench and get half an hour now and again....?

A great choice with how poor Newcastle are atm, but I'm, a bit disappointed he cant break into the Villa first 11....[/quote']

Yeah, why Lyon swapped Baros for him i'll never know :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Im happy with the season so far, minus the dreadful defeat at Stoke. Although chelsea until sunday hadnt defeated us in the league sine 2005 , i kinda knew we wasnt going to get aything, they were a master class against us, and some poor performances didnt help. Im pretty sure Davies will be dropped for Cuellar in the next game.

Dai mate, Milner wasnt playing purely because we were performing, after the result against QPR and Chelsea he will get his chance, even if everyone would of continued to play well, with the impending uefa cup group games he would play some part, Oneil wouldnt spend 12 mil on a player to sit on the bench and have a two bit role. he will be important for us.

Anyways on to UEFA, Hamburg , Ajax, are the two big guns in the draw, we have Ajax at home and ill be venturing back up home to see the game. We need to get at least 4 point of those two to hold any real chance of going through, not an easy group but one we can compete well against

• 1 month later...