• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

What a ruddy great performance !! 2-0 ! 4th in the league ! same points as Arsenal ! and we dropped points to boro' date=' newcastle and Stoke :mad::eek: if only we won lol !

Im so happy ![/quote']

Man United next up for you lot. Should be a decent match and I hope it's a repeat of last year:D though I doubt it very much

Who could ever have doubted us a 0-0 draw:D (better than the last yr!):D . we are vastly improving on past years and we should (fingers crossed) get into the top4 by the end of the season!

I hope we sign Steven Defour lyk becuase he's young and he is a real grafter aswel as bein very creative!

who do ya reakon we will sign in January??

Im delighted with that result as United are our bogey team. We have now played the top four, and got 5 points, aint to shabby really is it.

And if we didnt loose to Boro, look where we would be im saying boro over stoke and newcastle defeats because anything can happen away, but at home, we should beat teams like boro if we want to keep on developing as a club.

Did you just randomly say deffour or is there any substantial truth or rumour to that.

Im adamant we need another striker and we have been linked with Roque Santa Cruz, but so have city, he has to decide whether he wants money or football to make his decision for him.

I think a new CM would also be a good shout.

Im not a massive fan of Petrov, his stye of play is nothing like it was at Celtic, i mean he scoed 66 goals for them, and peanuts for us. Other than a striker and CM i reckon the current squad is ok ! :)

Fulham next, should be three points regardless of there recent form, its nothing on ours ! fingers crossed Arsenal loose and we can put a little more distance in between ourselves

Just here to say good luck and i hope you can break into the top 4 this year :D Problem is staying there because when Everton got in they didnt stay in it for long.

Petrov has been playing defensive midfield recently if Setanta/BBC commentator's tell the truth and he wasnt so good in his first season. I think a left back is a must in January for you lot Shorey hasnt impressed me and Luke Young is not a left back.

Anyway good luck :D

I wouldnt say he is been playing a defensive role, id say just a straight CM, just less attacking than he was at Celtic i suppose.

Shorey has not impressed me at all, and we paid 6 million for him :( seems to be making alot of mistakes ! However he has shown in the premiere league before that he can be a consistent player. Besides Bouma will be back in December / January and i rate him :)

I agree but i think we are currently in a better situation than Everton if we were to break into the top four. We have money to continue building the squad and i believe our squad is currently better than Evertons squad which broke into the top four. ( squad as a whole not starting 11 ).

But i agree we would have to use it as a stepping stone to continue moving forward and not fall behind like Everton did !

• 2 weeks later...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bet Louis is loving this' date=' our team is shoddy though, but so is theres lol ! first goal awful by Knight, second, good pull back and finish but build up should of been stopped ! only need a point, so come on the villa :)[/quote']

Agreed, i was thinking after the first goal, time to stale Adamski :P , there first goal was cracking, didn't see there second but heard it was good, that youngen's goal was a belter also, good match so far, but i believe Villa will win...

The Everton game was on here in the States today and I can't believe what I saw.

Almost put a hole in the TV when Lescott scored at the end, almost put a hole in the ceiling when Ash won it :D

Best match I've seen in the Prem so far this year. +2 rise for A.Young in the next English changes!!

bit optimistic for youngs rating but he is a 91 !

We didnt play well though scott, you gotta admit that. We were great defensievly and had some great moves but in truth Everton at least desevred a point for there possession. Mind you, sign of a good team being able to win when you play poop lol !

Awesome 1st goal ! great build up and a great finish. Great final goal aswell and young took his second well.

Im happy with this result , hopefully we can build upon it. Looking forward to getting carew back aswell.

If heskey comes in jan ill slit my wrists :( !

I think we will bid for Santa Cruz in all honesty though. Maybe another right back and CM.

EDIT : my sky remote is broke from me lobbing it when Lescott was celebrating lol ! just about to turn TV off after returning from the kitchen after my angry stomp out of the room and Young scored lol !

Yeah I agree, we didn't deserve all 3 points but I don't think we should give any back :D We played great for some spells, and were completely out of it for other spells.

When Fellaini sorts out his passing he is going to be a terror in the Prem, good buy for Moyes. He challenges everything in midfield and had several quality headers, probably deserved a goal.

Ash is going to get all the glory for the win but once again we need to single out Laursen, he was superb on Sunday. Anything sent into our box gets sent right back out if he's around. He is also a 91 for me, no question.

I think Heskey is worth the 2-3 mil it will cost, we offer better service than Wigan and he could get some goals for us. We could probably still afford Roque too. Sell Harewood to Wigan then after we take Heskey.

• 2 weeks later...

Well big players like Laursen, Gabby, Barry, Young and Milner have all been left out for the trip to Hamburg. Which i can completely understand. With the hectic schedule and all. I cant imagine this being a great game, although i could be wrong as there is little pressure on either side and it would be a good chance for the villa fringe players to get some game time and make an impression !

Im hoping we sneak a win but i understand it will be very tough. :)

Im adamant that we need a new striker, someone who can offer us something different !

Why are Villa leaving their big names at home? I thought they have to win the game to come top and this is a competition Villa should be looking to win. If you finish 2nd you have to play a champions league dropout! :eek:

To be honest, our squad isnt the biggest and i completely agree with oneil, if you was to ask me

1) Shall we go for the league, and try and break into the top four

2) Go for UEFA

Id say number one. Although id be so happy if we did win, id probably loose 2 days of my life due to booze related amnesia breaking into the top four is more important. However the only reason we are leaving our players out is the unfortunate timing of this game, just before the busy xmas period. If it was earlier, i have no doubt we would of played some of the big guns. We have some massive games coming up, away against west ham then arsenal :eek:

These take priority for me. Thats my opinion on it neways

nah its BS mate, would have to be a mammoth bid to get Young, and with the money available to us ! and any potential fee for young, we could do a heck of alot better than Charles N'Zogbia. ALthough i do rate him, but he isnt a touch on Young.

I honestly think he will stay for at least a season and a half, then analysize where villa are then. If we have broke into CL, then i can see him staying.

I think he is clever enough to realise he would probably rot at Madrid. Although id wish him all the best as i really like him.