Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Magic J

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

i know... but i mean didnt houllier delay it ' date=' so he cant manage them untill friday or something ? so point the finger at him cos he could have done something lol[/quote']

Well............................................................................................................................................................. No he couldnt have :P

Just got back' date='

We throughly deserved the win tonight, havent seen there goals on replay but [b']apparently the 2nd was dodge.[/b]

We could of easily been 3-0 up. Young missed an absoloute sitter, stoke fans were shocking, awful awful fans.:mad::mad:

Looked 100% legit to me. :)

Guest 1CapWonder

Just got back' date='

We throughly deserved the win tonight, havent seen there goals on replay but apparently the 2nd was dodge.

We could of easily been 3-0 up. Young missed an absoloute sitter, stoke fans were shocking, awful awful fans.:mad::mad:[/quote']

Stoke fans are scum, but my god, I wish we were as loud as them. They are what you call a 12th man, they really are. Intimidating, together, and extremely, extremely loud. Fair play.

I had a guy behind me moaning when I sung "Houllier's Claret and Blue Army" It seems some fans aren't prepared to move on.

MacDonald showed a lack of ability again, deciding not to make a substitution until 5 mins to go. Bit of MON rubbed off on him there. On the other side of the coin, Pulis brings on Pennant and Fuller, who basically win them the game. Fuller would be a genius signing for us.

Just got in and looked at Andy Gray's analysis. Pennant is a cheating diver, and I really, really feel sick. Also, how far forward do they want to move the free kick. Disappointing today, really was. We actually didn't play that badly, but we lacked spirit at the end, and a gaffer with a bit of bottle. I really like Kev Mac, but he needs to get back behind the scenes.

Role on Houllier.

Just got back' date='

We throughly deserved the win tonight, havent seen there goals on replay but apparently the 2nd was dodge.

We could of easily been 3-0 up. Young missed an absoloute sitter, s[b']toke fans were shocking, awful awful fans[/b].:mad::mad:

What were they doing?

I would just like to say well done to Stoke last night. 1-0 down, no points on the board, manager not there in the first half. He comes back, Stoke come out for the second half, with a positive mindset, and score not only an equaliser, but a winner in the dying seconds! Good stuff, and made a great Monday night watch.

Looked 100% legit to me.

Same for me.

I would just like to say well done to Stoke last night. 1-0 down' date=' no points on the board, manager not there in the first half. He comes back, Stoke come out for the second half, with a positive mindset, and score not only an equaliser, but a winner in the dying seconds! Good stuff, and made a great Monday night watch.

Same for me.[/quote']

Well then you need some glasses then don't you, It was a clear dive!!.

Even if it was (I'll look at it again)' date=' that doesn't excuse the fact Villa didn't deal with the resulting free kick.[/quote']

True, but it wasnt a foul and we shouldnt of been in that position, it had f all to do with Pullis coming back.

We were still the better team.

They did not deserve that win. 100%

What were they doing?

Singing :rolleyes:

Stoke fans are scum' date=' but my god, I wish we were as loud as them. They are what you call a 12th man, they really are. Intimidating, together, and extremely, extremely loud. Fair play.

I had a guy behind me moaning when I sung "Houllier's Claret and Blue Army" It seems some fans aren't prepared to move on.

MacDonald showed a lack of ability again, deciding not to make a substitution until 5 mins to go. Bit of MON rubbed off on him there. On the other side of the coin, Pulis brings on Pennant and Fuller, who basically win them the game. Fuller would be a genius signing for us.

Just got in and looked at Andy Gray's analysis. Pennant is a cheating diver, and I really, really feel sick. Also, how far forward do they want to move the free kick. Disappointing today, really was. We actually didn't play that badly, but we lacked spirit at the end, and a gaffer with a bit of bottle. I really like Kev Mac, but he needs to get back behind the scenes.

Role on Houllier.[/quote']

Pennant's a great player, saw him on his Pompy debut against the Swans in the FA Cup 4th round the year after the won the thing. Crouch: Useless, Ukaku: Useless, Belhadj: Useless, Pennant: Dangerous. He caused what would have most probably been Marcos Painter a lot of problems, and really shone out as a dangerman. Very fast, good cross and someone who can chip in with a few goals - great signing.

Fuller would be a real coup for Villa, i'd rather him then Heskey. He'll score goals, his goal against West Ham last season is something that no many would beable to match - pure class. Not always liked at Stoke though, pretty lazy and got a bad additude.

another poor ref performance against aston villa, the collins handball he was unsighted, but waht was Warnocks yellow for, that was a great tackle.

Pennant bottled out of the challenge with Petrov and fell over, free kick? Foul by the half way line, hey don't worry ref let them roll the ball 20 yards forward and take it from there. Fair play to Pulis with his mum dying and that towin that way, fair enough, but why did it have to against Villa, like when they scored twice last year to equalize with 2 minutes left!

That's just football.

I know but its infuriating non the less.

Singing :rolleyes:

Pennant's a great player' date=' saw him on his Pompy debut against the Swans in the FA Cup 4th round the year after the won the thing. Crouch: Useless, Ukaku: Useless, Belhadj: Useless, Pennant: Dangerous. He caused what would have most probably been Marcos Painter a lot of problems, and really shone out as a dangerman. Very fast, good cross and someone who can chip in with a few goals - great signing.

Fuller would be a real coup for Villa, i'd rather him then Heskey. He'll score goals, his goal against West Ham last season is something that no many would beable to match - pure class. Not always liked at Stoke though, pretty lazy and got a bad additude.[/quote']

1) You have / had no idea what i was reffering to. :rolleyes: But hey you know everything dont you.

2) until the very end i didnt actually think that much of the Stoke fans on this occassion which is dissapointing because i know they have top fans, but didnt think that much of the atmosphere.

Studge, just on about something that happened on the way there, pointless, was scummy of them , slight over reaction from me though ( Alchohol :D ).

Guest 1CapWonder

...Well you's scraped a 1-0 win off Everton when they smashed you' date=' absolutely smashed you, youcouldnt get more battered in a match tbh.[/quote']

Great input mate. You make some great points and word them excellently.

Thanks.

...Well you's scraped a 1-0 win off Everton when they smashed you' date=' absolutely smashed you, youcouldnt get more battered in a match tbh.[/quote']

You looking for an argument ? i agreed with you.

And even thought they "smashed" us, they had like 1 good chance and hit the bar, im not arguing they didnt deserve more out the game, but they didnt do much with the ball.

3 of our last 5 goals have been from crosses by strikers, scored by wingers. :D

Awful first half performance, but an inspired second half performance. Houllier must have been impressive at half time as we were a different class after the break. I'm also loving the tactical substitution of Carew off for Heskey.. he turned the game on it's head. If can start doing that off the bench every game then it won't be such a depressing sight to see him coming on as a like for like sub as it always was under O'Neill.

I would say we were pretty fortunate today to come away with all three points. The first half was ours we bossed the midfield and created chances but the second half was the total opposite, There first goal was a tad unfortunate but they did have the opportunities before that to equalise.

I like the role that Youngs in the moment free's him up and he can dictate the play, Most of our threat came through him and he works blooming hard for the team.

Guest Villa888

We need a good CM. Reo-Coker and Petrov I don't think make a good enough team at all. Though Reo-Coker can make a good tackle he's not really good enough of a passing, running on the ball like Milner was. We're being looked with Gago and I don't really think he's good either. Ever since we got linked with Henry I would absolutely love having him at Villa. Great player.