• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Full strength Hamburger against a very weak and in experienced Villa' date=' expecting to loose but you never know :), got some very young players on the bench :D

COME ON THE VILLA[/quote']

Like i said im expecting to loose, they have deserved it totally, were playing a weak team. Nice to see Delfounso grab a goal, if you look at the SLOW MO, CLOSE UP , it shows you him shaping his body up :eek: great instince.

Sidwell . . . pah who cares weve lost anyway

Seems we have CSKA in the group stages, and if my memory serves me right they were the only team to win all their games in the group stage. I cant see us beating them unless we really are on our game and Oneil has the tactics spot on. They have some GREAT players. So do we, but im worried to say the least but fingers crossed.

The games are played in mid/end February. eek !

If we do win ( IF ) , I really hope Spurs go out as i dont want an all English tie at all and would prefer to play Shaktar ! Even though they are just as deadly, i just dont lie the chances of an all English affair !

We have rode our luck against Everton and West Ham. West Ham had some great chances, more than us, we did make a few but they deserved a point. So did Everton but if we have the quality to finish games and score like that , its a sign of intent. And every club needs a little luck. We have never had loads of it or little of it, maybe this is our season for lady luck to look down on us. :)

I saw on another thread people saying we havent played well in some games. Im gonna have to agree, Middleborough, Fulham, Everton and West ham were not great performances overall. But we got what we needed out of 3 of those games. You cant play well every game though, eg Arsenal, and United begining of the season, they have had some iffy games. BTW not comparing teams, they are great sides, just putting it into perspective .

Our next five games are so unbelievably important imo, We have Arsenal at home, Hull away, Baggies at home and then Sunderland away. Obviouisly if we get anything from the gunners game, it will be huge as it stops them catching up and if we some how sneak a win, that puts more distance in between us and more importantly more pressure on the gunners.

We have a chance, we are a good attacking team, they have a very weakened midfield compared to their fully fit midfield from last season. Fabregas is a huge blow, and even when he was fit they needed a holding midifelder, a leader etc. They're defese can be broken down, i just hope Gabby, Young, Milner and Barry are all up to it on the day.

BIG BAD NEWS !

Martin Laursen is having a scan on his problematic knee :eek: apparently he felt some pain, we really cant afford to loose him so i can see him being rested or if he does play he will come off !

I would of taken a point before the game and im happy with the result Arsenal did NOT desevre to win. We should of scored before they did and we were better imo ! iv seen others and Arsenal fans agree with that statement.

Hull away, id take a draw again, But obviously a win would be nice. They come at you which suits us, as we are quick and great on the counter. :D

I think Defoe will join in January, would offer something else :D he is a great player imo.

Our momentum at the moment is nice, just hope we can keep it going over this tough time of the schedule

I would of taken a point before the game and im happy with the result Arsenal did NOT desevre to win. We should of scored before they did and we were better imo ! iv seen others and Arsenal fans agree with that statement.

Hull away' date=' id take a draw again, But obviously a win would be nice. They come at you which suits us, as we are quick and great on the counter. :D

I think Defoe will join in January, would offer something else :D he is a great player imo.

Our momentum at the moment is nice, just hope we can keep it going over this tough time of the schedule[/quote']

I feel when Arsenal went 2-0 up it was like what you did at the Erimates and you cant say you deserved the win there. A draw was a fair result in the end and it keeps you above them if you win at Hull.

What was the Hull score in the end?

And don't tell me Laursen's injured' date=' I just put him in my FFL team. >_<

I'm supporting Villa as my EPL team this season (as well as Hull). It would be nice to see a different team get into the CL.[/quote']

Umm...

The Villa vs Hull game is tomorrow(Tuesday) Luke... Just thought I would let you know that none of us will know, to let you know until tomorrow evening... :P;)

a few things to talk about here.

1) Carew not back till march, BAd BAD times. We needed a striker as it was but with this we need at least two. Or Delfounso will really have to step up to the plate. Defoe is a must buy now, we cant afford to rely on Harewood (if he stays) ! we need some quality brought in.

2) Lucky win over Hull but you dont get anywhere without luck, Liverpool have had buck loads of it this seson and it might be their season, so i cant see why people are begrudging us that.

3) IT WASNT A PENALTY ! GET OVER IT !

Linesmen always over rule the ref in these situations. and it was the correct decision. Hull are bitter team, id understand if they made the wrong decision but they didnt.

4) - WERE 4th :eek:;)

COME ON VILLA!

I've supported Chelsea all my life but I've always liked Villa..

I hope they finish in top 4 and kick Arsenal out as many of my mates support Arsenal ;)

I would love it so much.. :)

Other good thing about Villa is they have good young ENGLISH players..! :D