Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

a few things to talk about here.

1) Carew not back till march' date=' BAd BAD times. We needed a striker as it was but with this we need at least two. Or Delfounso will really have to step up to the plate. Defoe is a must buy now, we cant afford to rely on Harewood (if he stays) ! we need some quality brought in.

[/quote']

I think Fuller would do well at Villa he's BIG, strong and fast...

LOL @ my sig (irony)

i dont want a big man up top :D i reckon we will try for Defoe and probably heskey' date=' if Spurs get Defoe i can almost guarantee we will bid for bent :)

dont mention fullers name in the same sentence as villa again please :):eek:[/quote']

Martin O'Neil said today he isn't going to get Defoe on Sky Sports News..

Anyone know how long Carew is out for ?

And like you said bout Bent I reckon he'd be good at Villa pretty quick and can hold the ball up if needed (like Gabby) but.. when Villa have Carew back their so much more dangerous !

Martin O'Neil said today he isn't going to get Defoe on Sky Sports News..

Anyone know how long Carew is out for ?

And like you said bout Bent I reckon he'd be good at Villa pretty quick and can hold the ball up if needed (like Gabby) but.. when Villa have Carew back their so much more dangerous !

Really, thats a wounder :( , didnt say anything like that on sky sports.com or villas home page, oh well, :mad:

Bent would be a good buy, aslong as we dont have to pay what spurs paid :eek::P , carew could be out til march :o

Really' date=' thats a wounder :( , didnt say anything like that on sky sports.com or villas home page, oh well, :mad:

Bent would be a good buy, aslong as we dont have to pay what spurs paid :eek::P , carew could be out til march :o[/quote']

Well this is whats going on with Defoe... could turn into a "saga" :P

He called in sick today so he didn't go portsmouth training, then Sky Sports News spoke to Tony Adams and when he was asked will defoe play for portsmouth again? he muttered I don't know..

Then they went to Redknapp and he said that he wants Defoe etc..

Then they went to O'Neil and he said that he doesn't want defoe..

Watch SSN it'll probs be on in a bit as they play the same thing all day..

It's just been the Wayne Bridge deal and Defoe mostly on all day ! lol :P

He's mental' date=' that's what.. :P

He hits his own team... foooooooool ! :D[/quote']

Well he's a good fool, also the captain obviously said something heated to **** off Fuller in this 1st place but the slap was still unacceptable but let's not get into that....

Defoe will go to Tottenham' date=' guarantee it.[/quote']

I second that :( . I'd rather Villa got a true CF anyhow but I wouldn't turn down Defoe.

What is so great about Spurs? They routinely underperform. Is it just that they are in London and have tons of cash? If I'm a player with ambition I'd MUCH rather be at Villa now than Spurs or Man City.

I second that :( . I'd rather Villa got a true CF anyhow but I wouldn't turn down Defoe.

What is so great about Spurs? They routinely underperform. Is it just that they are in London and have tons of cash? If I'm a player with ambition I'd MUCH rather be at Villa now than Spurs or Man City.

Defoe's a great player but with a suspect attitude

I reckon we get Crouch and maybe Heskey.

I heard a good point somewhere about Heskey, it would be worth more to Wigan to keep him and fight to stay up, then to sell him for 3m or so now and drop. That said, Heskey isn't exactly setting any nets on fire :rolleyes:

Also I think Crouch could get to the end of some of Ash's crosses and free kicks and really bang in goals. I think he'd be a great addition and we wouldn't have to rob any banks to get him.

How about Owen? I think Newcastle should sell if they have any brains at all and I think Villa need another veteran to help lead our youngsters. Not sure if Mickey is that guy but maybe a new home would bring on new form.

One thing is for sure, lets not wait until Jan 29 to get somebody like we always do and end up with Marlon King ;)

Theres only one curtis Davies ! :D ! im happy' date=' were not playing great though ! that'll shut up those dam baggy fans ![/quote']

Did you see Agbonlahor's goal? :eek:

How did it go in? :D That was an awful mistake by Carson :D

ok, iv beent thinking this for a while, we was linked with Bent from the start but with the signing of Defoe by spurs, it seemed even more likely and it seems they are still looking for a striker, most recently Adriano.

I think its a cert that if spurs buy another striker Bent will go to Villa, and ill welcome him. He is a good player, good touch and nice finish. Will definitly improve out team and tbh we need numbers in that department as well :D

not been linked with to many others recnety apart from soe whisper about N'zogbia again

ok' date=' iv beent thinking this for a while, we was linked with Bent from the start but with the signing of Defoe by spurs, it seemed even more likely and it seems they are still looking for a striker, most recently Adriano.

I think its a cert that if spurs buy another striker Bent will go to Villa, and ill welcome him. He is a good player, good touch and nice finish. Will definitly improve out team and tbh we need numbers in that department as well :D

not been linked with to many others recnety apart from soe whisper about N'zogbia again[/quote']

Marcus Bent? :P

Cause surly your not talking about touch and Darren in the same sentance

ok' date=' iv beent thinking this for a while, we was linked with Bent from the start but with the signing of Defoe by spurs, it seemed even more likely and it seems they are still looking for a striker, most recently Adriano.

not been linked with to many others recnety apart from soe whisper about N'zogbia again[/quote']

I think Bent is a donkey...

I think Villa need another top class attacker, not a hit or miss player like Bent....

Iv always been a fan, i think people massively over rated him.

I dont think he is a class player, but he is a good striker, although now im doubting my self lol ! obviously id welcome a great striker to the club, but at the moment we just need a striker lol, although i can see your point dai . . . about hitting and missin ! I just hope oneil is playing his cards close to his chest and is gonna pull a gem out of the bag

We need Crouch back...

I would like to see an all english team, since Cueller, Laursen and Carew have been out we have been fielding 8 or 9 english players...

The only problem is trying to find an english keeper, i do like Friedal but what about Carson, he will improve..

Villa XI

Gk Carson

DL L. Young

DC Davies

DC Knight

DR Reo-Coker

MC Sidwell

MC Barry

ML A. Young

MR Milner

ST Agbonlahor

ST Crouch

A proper Top 4 English club.

We need Crouch back...

I would like to see an all english team' date=' since Cueller, Laursen and Carew have been out we have been fielding 8 or 9 english players...

The only problem is trying to find an english keeper, i do like Friedal but what about Carson, he will improve..

Villa XI

Gk Carson

DL L. Young

DC Davies

DC Knight

DR Reo-Coker

MC Sidwell

MC Barry

ML A. Young

MR Milner

ST Agbonlahor

ST Crouch

A proper Top 4 English club.[/quote']

Problem with that is...

You sometimes perform better with just one front man, as you have so many good midfielders that cant be left out... So with Aggy, Carew (when fit) and Crouch, who would be left out?

Crouch, I am a massive fan of and would love him at Newcastle, but I think he would be great for you also...

Imagine this... You have the best crosser of the ball in the Prem, thats a proven fact! Then imagine having a bean pole for him to aim at all day, they would both thrive on playing together...

Would be good...