• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

You mightn't rate his managerial skills but you gotta admire his ability to track the bigger stars despite your league position :P Makoun for his ability and price was a coup, Bent would be too but less so on the price side... Again the English factor comes into play, but with some of the money O'Neill wasted Bent at £18m would still seem relatively cheap lol

Hasn't been great recently though has he? We could do with him fast rediscovering his form of last season if he does come. He'll be well worth the price if he turns out to be our 20 goal a season striker' date=' god knows how much we've needed one of them.[/quote']

It's only recently he's fried up though isn't? Maybe his head was somehwere else.

Ohh and compare it too some Of O'neils signing and its not too bad.

Davies - 10 milliom :eek:

Warnock - 6 mill

Sidwell - 5 mill

Reo - 8 mill

heskey - 4 mill

Shorey

Warnock

Collins

There's loads of bad signing there Obviously there was the 2 or 3 that come good Milner and ash spring to mind.

You mightn't rate his managerial skills but you gotta admire his ability to track the bigger stars despite your league position :P Makoun for his ability and price was a coup' date=' Bent would be too but less so on the price side... Again the English factor comes into play, but with some of the money O'Neill wasted Bent at £18m would still seem relatively cheap lol[/quote']

I was never keen on him taking over from the off but from day one i said his ability to bring in players and lack of pre season means i wont judge him until come end of the season or even next season in fairness. But admittedly i thought he would bring in French players not Darren Bent.

And your right, Oneill spent near 10 million on Heskey / Harewood combined. Bent will score more than in one season compared to there villa career combined. :D The fee is to much, and its alot of cash but he does score goals.

LOL.

I cant understand why Bent wants to leave sunderland as their in the top 6 and fighting for a CL place.

One bad season and were suddenly a bad team? this has been bugging on facebook too. Its a fairly suprising move' date=' but people are saying he is ruining his career? Have people forgot the last 3 seasons where we were inches away from breaking the top four, twice !:eek:

This season is a culmination of a few problems, selling our best player, bringing no one in, managing leaving 5 days before the start of the season and a manager with a very european approach to management comes in, and some players didnt like it and threw there toys out ! not to mention the injuries, where we had over 9 for 4/5 weeks.

Next season were looking to resume challenging for the top 4, this signing is putting us back on track :) Maybe Bent dont like living up north too. :o

A goal scorer is what villa have been crying out for, How many times have we wasted chances this season? With the money coming from the sales of barry and Milner i actually think its a good piece of business.

Yeah i agree, look at yesterdays game, Gabbys one on one within 30 seconds, you know Bent would of finished that, then look at the times we hit the bar or missed a good chance. Bent will get us goals.

Regarding yesterdays game, better point for scum than us. We didnt deserve to go 1-0 down. We had heaps of challenges and the performance was encouraging.

I cant believe Bent wants to leave, Id say Sunderland's front three is one of the best partnerships in the league. If you think about it:

Man Utd - Rooney's been misfiring and Berbatov only seems to score in bulk

Man City - When Tevez plays, they win, otherwise they struggle

Arsenal - None of the forwards have set the division alight

Chelsea - Drogba has been off-colour and Anelka has been hit-and-miss

Spurs - Crouch has been poor and Defoe injured

Then there's Sunderland. They're in the top six, in no disrespect to Villa, you will not be in the top six by the end of the season. In reality, Villa is a forward step, however I think it will be a case of 'one step backward, two steps forward."

Also Downing has been linked with Liverpool recently. I personally feel this is a great move for Liverpool. My main ache with Liverpool is that they dont possess a single wide man in the squad. Here's their 'wingers' and what is wrong with them:

Maxi - more of an AM converted to wide man

Kuyt - Forward converted to wide man

Babel - Forward converted to winger

Jovanovic - Forward converted to winger

Pacheco - Forward converted to winger

Downing would provide lots of service to the central two, and can cut inside and have a go himself. Maybe selling Downing will finance a move for Bent.

Downing is so unbelievably frustrating its untrue James.

He whips in one good cross after running at his full back, then doesnt do it again for the rest of the game, just cuts back.His positioning yesterday was shocking too, pulls out of challenges and in general a waste of space. When he plays well he a good asset but thats few and far between, ship him out i say.

We have cash, Lerner was always willing to invest just not with Oneill who squandered millions. (130+ to be more accurate)

Also does any of you guys know any of the idiotic villa fans who claim if Oneill had this money we would be top 4 !

Yeah because Harewood, Heskey, Sutton, Collins, Shorey, beye and god knows who else are CL quality, bloody idiots.

Downing is so unbelievably frustrating its untrue James.

He whips in one good cross after running at his full back' date=' then doesnt do it again for the rest of the game, just cuts back.His positioning yesterday was shocking too, pulls out of challenges and in general a waste of space. When he plays well he a good asset but thats few and far between, ship him out i say.

We have cash, Lerner was always willing to invest just not with Oneill who squandered millions. (130+ to be more accurate)

Also does any of you guys know any of the idiotic villa fans who claim if Oneill had this money we would be top 4 !

Yeah because Harewood, Heskey, Sutton, Collins, Shorey, beye and god knows who else are CL quality, bloody idiots.[/quote']

But would you get the £12m back you paid for him. I dont doubt the fact that O'Neil overpaid for players, but surely to cover the losses you'll make on selling the overpaid ones, you'll have to ask a high price for your "better" players. I mean, you'd be lucky to get £1m for Curtis Davies.

LOL.

I cant understand why Bent wants to leave sunderland as their in the top 6 and fighting for a CL place.

One bad season and were suddenly a bad team? this has been bugging on facebook too. Its a fairly suprising move' date=' but people are saying he is ruining his career? Have people forgot the last 3 seasons where we were inches away from breaking the top four, twice !:eek:

[/quote']

i didnt say you were a bad team ^^ , I Was just saying that he would be better off with Sunderland atm because there fighting for CL Spot and i highly doubt villa will able to catch up this season.

But... He would be better off moving to Villa because they are a better club on the field and on Paper , Just wait till next season and im sure Villa will be getting up there again , With or Without Houllier.

i didnt say you were a bad team ^^ ' date=' I Was just saying that he would be better off with Sunderland atm because there fighting for CL Spot and i highly doubt villa will able to catch up this season.

But... He would be better off moving to Villa because they are a better club on the field and on Paper , Just wait till next season and im sure Villa will be getting up there again , With or Without Houllier.[/quote']

I know mate i just meant thats the general reaction of most people. Tis suprising though.

Two of Sunderlands best players are on loan(Onouha and Welbeck). But i would still say Sunderlands lineup is much better' date=' especially the midfield. I cant see this being a step up at all.

Oh yeah, and Sunderland have a better coach. :P[/quote']

Friedel | Gordon

Walker | Bardsley

Collins | Turner

Dunne | Bramble

Clark | Bardsley

Albrighton | El mahamoudi

Reo - Coker | Henderson

Petrov | Malbranque

Downing | Richardson

Young | Gyan

Gabby | Bent Too Tight

Feel free to correct me.

Have people forgot the last 3 seasons where we were inches away from breaking the top four' date=' twice !:eek:

[/quote']

Yes you was, BUT, now youve got the likes of Spurs and City with squads capable of winning league titles. Then youve got Sunderland flying high(unsuprising really, good coach and set of player), Stoke(lol, we didnt think this when they got promoted, with their playing style, they could get atleast a point of any team) Bolton(people were doubting Coyle's decision to quit Burnley for them, look at his team now). Then Everton also imo have a better squad than you. Oh yeah, and you have to say Brum are a pretty decent side also. :P

ALOT has changed in ONE season, it has happened for the good of the EPL also. No disrespect, but Villa are far away even from Europa places.

Yes you was' date=' BUT, now youve got the likes of Spurs and City with squads capable of winning league titles. Then youve got Sunderland flying high(unsuprising really, good coach and set of player), Stoke(lol, we didnt think this when they got promoted, with their playing style, they could get atleast a point of any team) Bolton(people were doubting Coyle's decision to quit Burnley for them, look at his team now). Then Everton also imo have a better squad than you. Oh yeah, and you have to say Brum are a pretty decent side also. :P

ALOT has changed in ONE season, it has happened for the good of the EPL also. No disrespect, but Villa are far away even from Europa places.[/quote']

Why would Saurez come to you then, Your just a mediocre mid table club then aswell Aren't you. Ajax are better than you this season so why would he consider moving to you.

Yes you was' date=' BUT, now youve got the likes of Spurs and City with squads capable of winning league titles. Then youve got Sunderland flying high(unsuprising really, good coach and set of player), Stoke(lol, we didnt think this when they got promoted, with their playing style, they could get atleast a point of any team) Bolton(people were doubting Coyle's decision to quit Burnley for them, look at his team now). Then Everton also imo have a better squad than you. Oh yeah, and you have to say Brum are a pretty decent side also. :P

ALOT has changed in ONE season, it has happened for the good of the EPL also. No disrespect, but Villa are far away even from Europa places.[/quote']

Funny that when people say the same about Liverpool you claim that isn't the case...

Villa have an excellent squad which on paper could/should be fighting for 6th, especially with Makoun and Bent. They just need to start playing well together and your defence needs some real attention. I think you'll do enough to stay up pretty comfortably and you'll push on next season.

Friedel | Gordon

Walker | Bardsley

Collins | Turner

Dunne | Bramble

Clark | Bardsley

Albrighton | El mahamoudi

Reo - Coker | Henderson

Petrov | Malbranque

Downing | Richardson

Young | Gyan

Gabby | Bent Too Tight

Feel free to correct me.

Gordon

dunne

turner

not sure bout the fullbacks so wont comment' date=' but ATM Onouha is much better, but since he's on loan, wont include him. Also El Hamdoui is still settling in, he is a good player.

Okay mid,

young

[b']cattermole

henderson[/b]

albrighton

Gyan

Bent

Sunderlands forwards are better.

Im commenting as a neutral, not a fan.