Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Right' date=' firstly he's clearly moved for the Cash. From what I hear; 30k more a week and £2-3 million signing on fee.[/quote']

He's on 65K a week, I wouldnt say he's moved simply for the money, Just that he wanted to move to a bigger more successful club ;)

Darren' date=' LAST season was our best player, obviously. He scored 24 EPL goals I think and kept us up single handedly. When I got the call off me Dad before all the news broke on Sky Sports that Bent would be moving, I was gutted. But I'm not gutted anymore due to myself talking it out with friends.

£18 Million straight up. £1.5 Million if Villa stay up. £1.5 Million if he scores 8-10 League Goals. The rest I haven't been confirmed yet. [/quote']

It's 8 million upfront and the rest in instalments.

Bent can only scores goals was the verdict' date=' and in the box. He doesn't really link play up and is never really involved in team goals.

We have Gyan who does all these, and Welbeck who does all this aswell as many other things.

But Bent is by far one of the best Goal Scorers in the EPL and I guess will continue. But watch out as he is only ever going to score a goal in the box.[/quote']

Welbecks on loan and i highly doubt you'll be able to sign him permanently, And only scoring goals in the box is fine by me, I couldnt care less about spectacular goals outside the box.

On another topic, Adam will be hopefully signed by thursday.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Good Luck to Benty at Villa, hope he stays in the England Set-up but to ll the villa fans dont get to much faith in him, cause when he gets offered more money or splits up with his girlfriend he will probably be off to another country! He can only score in the box and to be fair doesnt offer alot more to the side, his record does talk well but with his effort levels i dont beleive it will stay so good, and on the welbeck theory he will easily be better than Bent he is a proper Centre Forward

Great Signing! Hopefully a couple of more signings (Samba, Adam..) and we can get out of the relegation zone. Not bothered if he moved for money...95% of people would change job for a decent rise. And as for the fact that he only scores goals in the box...That beats our current strikers who only score goals on a full moon.

Guest 1CapWonder

Couple of bitter mackems here.

"He only scores goals in the box"

And what? Since 2005, Bent has bagged 81 premier league goals. Only Drogba and Rooney have scored more with 82 each. That stat says it all really. I'm not too fussed whether he scores inside or outside the box ffs! Since when did Ruud Van Nistelrooy score from outside the box? Can't even remember, and far as I know, that's not a reason to have a dig or not sign him.

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing Villa play now they have Bent and Makoun. Young on the wing and Bent in the box, it's looking good for you guys!

Shame I can't say the same about Liverpool... yet.

And what? Since 2005' date=' Bent has bagged 81 premier league goals. Only Drogba and Rooney have scored more with 82 each. That stat says it all really. I'm not too fussed whether he scores inside or outside the box ffs! Since when did Ruud Van Nistelrooy score from outside the box? Can't even remember, and far as I know, that's not a reason to have a dig or not sign him.[/quote']

Thats what you have mainly needed tho for a while aint it? just someone to stick the ball into the goal on a reg basis which Bent usually does, still pretty young as well has his best years ahead of him if he stays clear of INJ.

Agree with the above also, Bent's job is to get goals, would rather him put away 3 chances that Heskey and co would miss rather than hitting some 25 yard stunner now and then (lets face it not many of the top strikers in the EPL are smashing in goals from distance on a reg basis)

And what? Since 2005' date=' Bent has bagged 81 premier league goals. Only Drogba and Rooney have scored more with 82 each. That stat says it all really. I'm not too fussed whether he scores inside or outside the box ffs! Since when did Ruud Van Nistelrooy score from outside the box? Can't even remember, and far as I know, that's not a reason to have a dig or not sign him.[/quote']

Lol. They may scoring sound like a bad thing, huh?

Think what you want, but I watch him basically every week. So I think my perspective on him is going to be worthy.

Also what I mean is that he only Scores when the ball is either played behind the Defence and he runs onto it. If he can't get the ball infront of him, then he's not going to score.

He could score 15 goals where he bundled them over the line' date=' i dont care aslong as he scores, and he will. He always has done.....

Van Nistelrooy became one of the most feared strikers in Europe.... did he score from outside the box :confused:

Its a useless point.[/quote']

It was one mere fact I added, then someone had to point it out and make it big. There is nothing wrong with it, just someone had to point out I said it and try to call me bitter.

It was one mere fact I added' date=' then someone had to point it out and make it big. There is nothing wrong with it, just someone had to point out I said it and try to call me bitter.[/quote']

They call us bitter mackems but we have watched him for in his opinion "2 years i mean 18 months" and we know he isnt a team player he doesnt link up and play as a centre forward alike to drogba and torres, after 10 games they will understand what we mean, Cheers for the 24Million:)

Cracking signing for Villa , Bent will be the goal scorer they need and in my opinion will be brilliant there !

On the Van Nistelrooy point wasn't it like 100 goals before he even poached one from outside the box ? remember hearing it on the telly when i stayed up to watch a champions league game jeez must of been 5/6 years back maybe more... i would of been about 9/10 so dont hold me to that it's just stuck in the mind !

Okay so i know spurs are getting 4m from this deal' date=' but whos giving it?[/quote']

Sunderland are mate, when Bent signed for Safc, they said they would pay in yearly sums and we have only payed 2 years of the fee so we payed the 4 million to spurs and villa only game us 6 million upfront for bent but we get 1.5 mil if villa stay up and get somit like 6 mil every year of him

Guest 1CapWonder

They call us bitter mackems but we have watched him for in his opinion "2 years i mean 18 months" and we know he isnt a team player he doesnt link up and play as a centre forward alike to drogba and torres' date=' after 10 games they will understand what we mean, Cheers for the 24Million:)[/quote']

Just like we watch James Collins, Stewart Downing and John Carew week in week out, yet they are still top players in the opinion of most. Your probably of the opinion Ashley Young is a class act. I'm not coming over to you and listing all the reasons why he's not.

We haven't signed Drogba or Torres mate, we've signed Darren Bent. It's £18m mate. If he keeps us up, scores goals, and keeps scoring goals, we'll give you that extra £6m over time to effectively take over you in the table. I'm sure Tottenham are saying cheers for the £4m right now :)

Where was all this hatred for Bent when he was banging them in for you?

Where was all this hatred for Bent when he was banging them in for you?

This!

He has him in his sig and avatar for crying out loud!

Darren Bent is a quality finisher, probably the best CF that England have currently (Rooney is not a CF). Don't see how you can say he doesn't contribute to the team either. He is in a team to finish off attacking moves, with goals and he does that, to great effect.

Is he worth a potential £24m? Probably not.

But considering he is English, and will score goals - I don't see how you can fault the transfer, tbh.

;1333977']This!

He has him in his sig and avatar for crying out loud!

Darren Bent is a quality finisher' date=' probably the best CF that England have currently (Rooney is not a CF). Don't see how you can say he doesn't contribute to the team either. He is in a team to finish off attacking moves, with goals and he does that, to great effect.

Is he worth a potential £24m? Probably not.

But considering he is English, and will score goals - I don't see how you can fault the transfer, tbh.[/quote']

So your saying Bent is better than Andy Carroll, a Centre Forward , Spurs got 4 Mill no matter what, He will score goals yes good for him, he is just hitting his prime but all im saying is I admire him for his goalscoring but you all say he is a quality finisher 1 on 1 this season bent has struggled, e.g against Blackburn, Newcaslte and Blackpool, His finishing can be improved he comes alive in the 6 Yard box mate, So what if he was in my Sig, tbf Jordan Henderson and Danny Welbeck are Sunderlands Main Players, I dont really use this Forum

Just like we watch James Collins' date=' Stewart Downing and John Carew week in week out, yet they are still top players in the opinion of most. Your probably of the opinion Ashley Young is a class act. I'm not coming over to you and listing all the reasons why he's not.

We haven't signed Drogba or Torres mate, we've signed Darren Bent. It's £18m mate. If he keeps us up, scores goals, and keeps scoring goals, we'll give you that extra £6m over time to effectively take over you in the table. I'm sure Tottenham are saying cheers for the £4m right now :)

Where was all this hatred for Bent when he was banging them in for you?[/quote']

Stewart Downing was at Safc at a young age, for a while he is great , I havnt seen much of Carew as he has been Injured when Villa have played at the Sol but he is leaving anyhow, Collins is a typical strong guttsy centre half but nothing in Gary Cahill class , And ovecourse i beleive Ashley Young is a class act, arrogant but still a great player and you say you will take over us in the table , i doubt it we have plenty of money and a great young squad , we beat you both times this season without a huge amount of effort (Just Saying)

Stewart Downing was at Safc at a young age' date=' for a while he is great , I havnt seen much of Carew as he has been Injured when Villa have played at the Sol but he is leaving anyhow, Collins is a typical strong guttsy centre half but nothing in Gary Cahill class , And ovecourse i beleive Ashley Young is a class act, arrogant but still a great player and you say you will take over us in the table , i doubt it we have plenty of money and a great young squad , [b']we beat you both times this season without a huge amount of effort (Just Saying)[/b]

Ohh you did did you !!!. First time you won on a single own goal and the last game you only won when we went down to ten men. Your so deluded it's unreal.

Last season we beat you twice got to a final and a semi final, Your ahead of us for the first time in years, Well done congrats.

Finally welbecks out for 6-8 weeks now aswell so i doubt you'll be 6th for much longer.:D

EDIT...

Ohh and you getting Fuller off of stoke LMAO.

Ohh you did did you !!!. First time you won on a single own goal and the last game you only won when we went down to ten men. Your so deluded it's unreal.

Last season we beat you twice got to a final and a semi final' date=' Your ahead of us for the first time in years, Well done congrats.

Finally welbecks out for 6-8 weeks now aswell so i doubt you'll be 6th for much longer.:D

EDIT...

Ohh and you getting Fuller off of stoke LMAO.[/quote']

Never Heard anything about Fuller on SSN , Sessengnon is to sign in next few days, did i try to prove a point by saying that we won , no , yeh we are ahead of you for first time cause last 7 years are club has been poor, I admit last 5 Years Villa deserved Possibly Champ League Football atleast, and it doesnt matter how you win games they all count mate, and 1 player doesnt make a team in Welbecks Case, just like loosing Bent , we beat Chelsea 3-0 away without him. You say im deluded but you get aggitated by the tinyest thing mate, Im not attempting to cause an Argument ...

No but you said

"we beat you both times this season without a huge amount of effort (Just Saying)"

I then pointed out that one was an own goal and one when we got a player sent off, so for you to say it didnt take much effort was a bit ridicoulas was it not.

Oh and "mate" i would be majorly surprised if Sessengnon seen that the PSG manager said no one would leave this month....

Unlcuky:p

No but you said

"we beat you both times this season without a huge amount of effort (Just Saying)"

I then pointed out that one was an own goal and one when we got a player sent off' date=' so for you to say it didnt take much effort was a bit ridicoulas was it not.

Oh and "mate" i would be majorly surprised if Sessengnon seen that the PSG manager said no one would leave this month....

Unlcuky:p[/quote']

His twitter Page Last Night "Sunderland are in My heart i Just want to play for them" and today in a news confrence Bruce Said Sessengon is an ongoing situation which I beleive will be done soon, seeing him join our club Permentaly