Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Magic J

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

So so happy:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can't believe we kept a clean sheet, they looked solid at the back tonight.

Everyone put their shift in, glad to see them working as a team.

Well done for Bent for picking up the spill from Hart, he is exactly what we have been missing up front, some anticipation.

Lets keep on climbing. :):):):)

UTV!!!!!!!

What a game! Electric atmosphere, best we've seen all season. It was such a strange formation too. Now let's knock five past Wigan. :D

It was funny to see all the abuse directed at Barry, and then Milner getting applauded as he warmed up along the touchline. I think old Gazza must be wondering what he did wrong. :P

Oh right didnt know :P ' date=' Ye would be a class signing. And im pretty sure you would get him for like 4m ish.. And i think would be better signing than Charlie Adam.[/quote']
Whatever Blackpool deem acceptable for Adam' date=' im certain we could get Krancjar for cheaper like you said mate. We need a creative midfielder like him, he would be a GREAT addition.

I hope we make a move, genuinely a little bit excited about him, even though nothing is confirmed :P[/quote']

Niko Kranjcar can leave Tottenham for a cut-price £3million.

I Was close enough :P

Yes ! Thankgod we won that match, more so than any other game we needed that win.

Three points see's us climb to 16th, and above Blues. 3 points clear of 17th place Wigan with better goal difference. More importantly the team we play next and after the confidence boost of the City game and the involvement of Makoun i can see us beating Wigan. Lets be fair, we are a better team and confidence is something we needed. The performances over the last month have been improving ( albeit last 10 minutes of sunderland game - ridiculous tactics from GH but meh ) and this result should kick start our season, just a shame this kick start came 22 games in :(

Our run of fixtures from now till the end of the season is good apart from Man Utd away ( in a couple of weeks ) and Arsenal away towards the end. We face these teams at home.

Fulham

Blackburn

Wolves

Newcastle

Stoke

Wigan

Liverpool

and these teams away

Wigan

Man Utd

Blackpool

Bolton

West Ham

Everton

West Brom

and Arsenal.

Hopefully GH brings in a LB and a creative midfielder, as hopefully Dunne can build on last nights performance and get back on track.

Were 5 points behind 7th ridiculously and with these fixtures and a good run, we could fly up the table. Were better than this and anyone who doubts that is a idiot.

krancjar would be amazing :D Not holding out for anything though :( just a fans wishful thinking.

If we win against Wigan, this could be highlighted as the significant turning point of our season, when things started to get back to normal. if we lose ( cant even contemplate that though ) we will be right in the pooper, no point in beating the big boys and losing to teams below you :eek:

But that being said im confident of a win, i just hope to god we sign a few new players before the window closes. Freshens up the squad and uplifts everyone involved with the club.

GH had a pop at holloway today about not slating other managers who have gone in for Adam. Rightly so, IH was out of order, as much as i like the guy, he is in the wrong. Not about wanting more money, thats his right but to have a pop at GH and the way we dealt with things, ( which was fine anyway ) when the other clubs bid for him in the exact same way and he said nothing towards their managers.

Anyways, still buzzing from that game :D:D

EDIT: As if were going to sign Honda, or even had a bloody chance lol

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6695906,00.html

Will be interesting how Makoun adapts ' date=' Always liked him as a player and he has a great shot on him too.

Also Friedel is declared bankrupted >> [url']http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853350-brad-friedel-declared-bankrupt-despite-earning-over-40-000-a-week[/url]

I think Makoun will adapt perfectly fine, African players in general adapt well to premirship life, especially players in his position and with his Ligue 1 and champions league experience im sure he is more than capable of settling in.

regarding Friedal, what a shame that is. I think its his company ( that he is liable for ) that has gone bankrupt, he tried to help kids in America and gets this. Real shame.

Hogg is going to Portsmouth on loan:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6700902,00.html

Also Davies is apparently on his way to Leicester, and Hull have extended Guzans loan.

Finally, mate mentioned to me that he saw a article about Ireland going to Newcastle.

ahh as i type this i see it was on sky sports. Hopefully we can get rid of him this week, and bring a proper playmaker in. B)

Guest 1CapWonder

Just got in from the game about half an hour ago.

Downing's performance and attitude was a disgrace, and distracted me from some of the good football and stuff that was happening. I thought it was just me but the fans today were all on his back by the end of the game. He's pathetic he really is, I'm sorry. I've given him every chance. For £12m you expect some return but his decision making, his lack of pace, lack of effort, lack of willingness to take people on, lack of willingness to tackle, lack of willingness to track back, to even look like he's making a challenge! He should have gone off and I think the only reason he didn't was because his own fans would have jeered him.

Right, now that's out the way can I just say, quality stuff tonight. We started well, Bent made himself a few chances early on, ran the channels well and looked a threat all night. Gabby scored which was a bonus and Ash flourished with the armband.

Makoun is a skinny little thing isn't he? Very, very neat in possession, 1 and 2 touch football was great to watch. Positional sense looked good, maybe needs to beef up and get stuck in more to the game but decent start. Collins and Dunne were excellent again. I'm not going to say "I hate to say it" because I'm glad to say it. I don't mind being proven wrong if it's beneficial to Villa. Both of them have had a good couple of games now where I cannot fault them. Long may it continue. NRC had an excellent first half in particular and Friedel made a vital save or 2 when needed.

I really think we need to sign a left back more than anything. Would like to see us offload some of the deadwood and bring in another centre half too (even maybe a creative midfielder - Kranjcar is the shout!) but yeah that would be fantastic.

Glad to see Houllier has won over the fans. The cheers and chants for him were loud and clear and it's fantastic to see. I like the way he comes onto the pitch and doesn't let his players go off until they have gone over and clapped the fans. It's really nice to see we are appreciated and it's a great attribute that has gone down really well.

Happy days all in all. Just sell that useless plonker to Liverpool before he drives us all insane!

Elliot im back down at Uni now and cant really afford the trip up to Wigan as a few of my mates did, the fans looked fantastic , do you know how many we took? I know Wigan fans are horrendous but we looked decent.

Regarding the game, we more than deserved the win and its cruel that a deflected shot cost us the clean sheet. I think if we had someone else instead of downing ( Krancjar / Adam for eg ) the performance would of been even more effective. We desperately need a creative CM, Downing is a usueless tit. If we dont sell him we need to bring someone in. If we play 4-4-2 ill cringe if he keeps out albrighton.

Anyways, delighted with the win, 3 points and the dizzy heights of 13th :P

Shame we have a FA cup weekend and then United away, could of really pushed for a little run. Not that im throwing the United game away, but you have to respect there record at OT and in general this season. Anyways, Houllier responded in a interview saying "i dont think so" when asked if we would sign anyone. Not sure if he is being coy or were not lol ! We need to B)

Adebayor to Madrid get Karim Houllier :P:p

That's a very good shout!! If were offloading Ireland i'm sure we'll have enough cash to purchase Kranjcar. I just have a feeling he will go to Everton though!

Everton cant afford any1 m8 , their in a financial crisis. :D

Kranjcar would be the ideal player to join use though , Adams yes he is a great little player but Kranjcar is better and cheaper.

Newcastle are trying to Negotiate over Irelands wages , So villa and magpies pay half each but their struggling to get a deal through.

If Kranjcar finally moves i will able to like him again :P , hate him with spurs. :D

Surely they can! lol' date=' Who you think for left back then? or do you reckon he will stick with Clark?[/quote']

Nope they are rumoured to be edging closer and closer towards Administration and have only been given a % of the funds received from pienaar to sign a player.

Heard that from a Evertonian too.

Birmingham City have offered Seb Larsson to Aston Villa as part of their bid to land Curtis Davies' date=' skysports.com can confirm.

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6704273,00.html[/url]

Take that offer now.

If thats true i cant see why we wouldnt accept, then we can get shot of Downing and buy a creative AM and maybe a LB ! Just get rid of downing !!

Guest 1CapWonder

Don't particularly want Larsson, regardless of whether it's a good deal or not...

Fans were good Adam. Not our loudest really, but everyone was right behind Houllier and the mood seemed great. Think there was between 1,500-2,000. We took quite a lot of fans from where I was stood.

Got United tickets the other day aswell which is nice. Missing Tranmere-Rochdale for it which is a massive away day for me so I hope the Villa boys can put in a shift.

Were playing pretty positively today, 4-3-3 with the Fonz, Heskey and Gabby up top with Bannan, Pires and Reo Coker in the middle with Walker, Clarke, Cuellar and Baker at the back.

3-1 :)

Goals from Clarke, Pires and the Fonz.

Blackburn have had some chances but we look good !