Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Arsenal fan I used to live with text me saying Rosicky to Villa about half an hour ago. Apparently it's being mentioned on one of their message boards but I've not seen anything else to suggest it's likely.

Id rather him not join, I used to love watching Rosicky play but he is to injury prone and hasnt got match sharpness so i wouldnt want him. Plus with his age, and undoubted wages i dont think it would be a financially beneficial addition to the squad.

I really want Houllier to raid france ! so so many talented players out there.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Id rather him not join' date=' I used to love watching Rosicky play but he is to injury prone and hasnt got match sharpness so i wouldnt want him. Plus with his age, and undoubted wages i dont think it would be a financially beneficial addition to the squad.

I really want Houllier to raid france ! so so many talented players out there.[/quote']

Yep I tend to agree. It's not as if Villa are short on midfield players either, of any description.

As an aside I've been quite impressed with Houllier this window. Managed to quietly ship out some of the dissenting voices, made shrewd, cost effective additions in Makoun and (presumably) Bradley and while I still think the Bent fee was inflated it looks incredibly sensible after the shenanigans of today. You can see the building blocks slipping into place again.

Michael Bradley has completed his loan switch to Aston Villa from Borussia Monchengladbach. More on this story to follow.

I really like Bradley, think he's a great player and I think its ironic how he is joining Villa after his Dad was linked to be the new manager after Martin O'neil :P

Guest 1CapWonder

I think it's safe to say with the loan arrival of Bradley (Option to buy) and makoun that Reo and stan will leave in the summer.

I'm not sure both of them will leave. As much as I like Stan the Man I think his time may well be up. Nigel still has a lot to give I think.

Anyone else believe we missed a trick in not signing Paul Konchesky on loan? We desperately need a decent left back and Konk is solid and decent...

Also, with the prices flying about the place today, Darren Bent looks an absolute bargain at £18m!

I'm not sure both of them will leave. As much as I like Stan the Man I think his time may well be up. Nigel still has a lot to give I think.

Anyone else believe we missed a trick in not signing Paul Konchesky on loan? We desperately need a decent left back and Konk is solid and decent...

Also' date=' with the prices flying about the place today, Darren Bent looks an absolute bargain at £18m![/quote']

"Stan the 60 minute man" may well stay but i can't see him being a regular starter. Reo i think will definitely go and i'm "hearing" that Ash is warming to the idea of a new contract.

On Konchesky I'm glad we didn't go in for him he's been pretty woeful this season and they wanted warnock to replace him so what does that tell you?

Bent certainly does look a snip at 18 mill. I have to give GH credit for that, we didnt know anything until we actually had a bid accepted and he got it done ASAP if he waited to the end of the window his price could have rocketed a good 6-8 mill.

Guest 1CapWonder

Setting off for the game in a bit. Would absolutely love to have one over on my bloody hometown once again! Last year was literally one of the best days of my life so I'm not expecting miracles. Even so, I hope we can put in a good performance and maybe take a point from the game which I would be delighted with!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow havent posted on here in a while now, but iv been pretty busy recently and generally havent been on SM to much.

Performances i believe are continuing to improve, Although im slightly dissapointed we didnt pick more points up from fulham at home ( fulham dont travel away well ) and blackpool away ( Blackpool, 5 defeats on the trot and dont play well at home ).

That being said, its 2 more points on the board. I dont think were going to do go down, but it doesnt mean we cant. but i doubt it.... we are to good and GH philosophy is starting to break through i believe.

We have a run of games now where we could very easily pick a few wins up. Time to push on now.

Also the Man City fans on SkySports commenting on the article about GH discussing Milner and Barry leaving are absolute douches.

I think his comments are more directed at Milner than barry, who has held down a regular place.

Calling us bitter :S

Nah, Barry is a lieing tool.

I dont know one Villa fan thats bitter about losing Milner, gutted yes. Bitter no.

Its probably there new generation of fans from London anyway :)

Milito' date=' the Barcelona CB is being linked with Villa. Might be a big name but would be a terrible buy. Injury prone and the reason Barcelona get scored on when he plays. He's pretty awful.[/quote']

I have faith that Gerrard Houllier would not sign him. I just cant see it.

Seems FxPro is no longer Villa's sponsor. They'll finish paying for this season but it's done. Seems Villa already have Sponsorships on the table for next season.

Has there contract been terminated or is it just set to expire in the summer ? Kit sponsors regularly change. We have had a few under Lerner. Also went a season advertising a charity on our **** too.

Im just delighted that in a press conferance GH has said he WILL go abroad in the summer to look for young foreign talent. Mentioning that he wants go globalize his squad, which is correct. Looking abroad increases your options, its simple really. I am definitely looking forward to this summer.

we HAVE to win tomorrow !!

I have faith that Gerrard Houllier would not sign him. I just cant see it.

Has there contract been terminated or is it just set to expire in the summer ? Kit sponsors regularly change. We have had a few under Lerner. Also went a season advertising a charity on our **** too.

Im just delighted that in a press conferance GH has said he WILL go abroad in the summer to look for young foreign talent. Mentioning that he wants go globalize his squad' date=' which is correct. Looking abroad increases your options, its simple really. I am definitely looking forward to this summer.

we HAVE to win tomorrow !![/quote']

It's been terminated i think...... We've also not renewed our shirt deal with Nike after the problems we had getting out shirts out on time.

Well what a great performance and victory that was, and a much needed one at that.

Dominated proceedings with over 17 shots compared to their 5.

Including 10 corners and 60% possession.

Apart from the Dunne mistake, they nearly really threatened us.

Im so so happy we won :D

Benty should of been on the score sheet but meh.

Lets hope Small Heath are put back in their place ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A81956893

Saw this and thought of Elliot. :D

If it's died by the time you see this, it's an article titled "Stewart Downing...Villa legend?", so you can probably get the gist of it from that. :P

To be fair to him be put in a great shift against Blackburn and looked our most dangerous player with the ball imo. He was taking players on as well which is something he is criticized for doing too little of. I'm starting to take to him a bit more.

Guest 1CapWonder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A81956893

Saw this and thought of Elliot. :D

If it's died by the time you see this' date=' it's an article titled "Stewart Downing...Villa legend?", so you can probably get the gist of it from that. :P

To be fair to him be put in a great shift against Blackburn and looked our most dangerous player with the ball imo. He was taking players on as well which is something he is criticized for doing too little of. I'm starting to take to him a bit more.[/quote']

These are 606 fans and not fans that go and watch our team home and away. He was booed off the pitch at Old Trafford and he was abused at Wigan away and those were the last 2 away games I got to. I can't stand the guy and I think his attitude on the pitch is a disgrace. He fails to get stuck in, he doesn't beat men anymore, can't remember the last time our strikers scored from one of his crosses and he's just an all round poor footballer who has lost his pace and his skill.

I gave him a chance when he arrived (look back on this thread) even though I thought the price was excessive and he was injured.

Anyway, got my City tickets on the way despite the ridiculous website rule saying you have to collect them from the ground. Had this regarding Wembley and after 40 mins on the phone after telling them I go home and away and show them my booking history despite living in Manchester, they agreed to send them. Idiots.

Looking forward to a better performance than the previous game here where the only thing I commented on was the fact that our own fans were taking the mick out of ourselves. Though I enjoyed it, and the banter was class, the realisation kicked in and I felt sick walking out of the ground. What a turnaround. The Houllier Out chants have gone and Pires got a standing ovation as opposed to the horrendous abuse he suffered from a fickle section of fans at the COM Stadium a couple of months back.

No Darren Bent but let's put a shift in Villa. Can't wait!

Aston Villa post losses of 37 million pounds - be interesting to see if your chairman is as great as you think he is' date=' or he isn't and sells off a few players instead to cover the debt[/quote']

Can I have a link please? I'm on my phone ATM and can't be bothered searching. That's a ridiculous stat considering were in the top twenty for turnover. It's due to transfers and oneills insistence on offering high wages. Which gh Is sorting out.

Ps randy is a great chairman

Can I have a link please? I'm on my phone ATM and can't be bothered searching. That's a ridiculous stat considering were in the top twenty for turnover. It's due to transfers and oneills insistence on offering high wages. Which gh Is sorting out.

Ps randy is a great chairman

I'l try find you a link mate - I heard it on the radio with a press conference with the great French man GH